What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Forman's Challenge: Bulking up the Buffs

2 guys I'm glad to see are putting in the work. There is opportunity knocking on their doors.

[tweet]558055108098142208[/tweet]

Edit: Didn't notice Tedric in there at first glance. Very important that he adds strength and muscle mass to better hold up this season.

2 guys I'm glad to see are putting in the work. There is opportunity knocking on their doors.

[tweet]558055108098142208[/tweet]

Edit: Didn't notice Tedric in there at first glance. Very important that he adds strength and muscle mass to better hold up this season.

I think we need to see actual weights instead of increases to know anything. I mean, I've added 10 lbs. to my bench press to get up to 100--nobody seemed to care.

I think we need to see actual weights instead of increases to know anything. I mean, I've added 10 lbs. to my bench press to get up to 100--nobody seemed to care.
LOL. I think we can assume they are more athletic and stronger than you, me or pretty much anyone on AB.

Interesting article on food being a determining factor for a recruit when choosing where to play. Some of it is more based on the type of food in a particular city (ie BBQ in the south), but a lot of it is based on the access to food that certain programs give their players.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...e-cakes-zaxbys-barbecue-power-food-recruiting
Marist ought to have a helluva team then. It's right down the road from the Culinary Institute of America.

At a higher weight, wasn't Harris relegated to playing guard and we needed him quick enough to play LT? I'm not saying that the need to have our linemen more massive isn't an issue and a failure of Forman's program so far. It's been a problem. I just don't know if Harris is the best example to use, especially since he easily had his best season as a senior.

Harris did have his best year as a senior..partially due to the fact that he stayed relatively healthy- Jack is/was as tough as they come..but in talking with him..he felt he was very vulnerable to being bull rushed as he was underweight and worn down. Forman had his program and was determined to apply it to the OL and DL guys..but one thing Forman missed on tremendously is that both lines, but particularly the OL had no depth what so ever...the starters..nembo, crabb, handler, munyer and harris not only logged all of the minutes in games but never got a break during practice, they took every rep there also...mind you that, like all new staffs, MM and crew wanted to weed out any malcontents from the hawk and embo eras along with vanquishing any non Pac 12 type of kids. "Change the culture" is often the battle cry of any new staff, including the S and C crew...but Forman neglected several components of the equation.
Most D1 teams will run 2 and even 3 O vs D fields during practice...in '13, there was only one O line to go against the first and second string D lines and backers...look back at the roster of OL guys that season...forman neglected to adjust the workload and really messed them up with his edict to tear down prior to rebuilding. Look back at the film for the 2nd half of that season--lethargic and void of big time energy and push. An O line expert like McChesney gets what an Oline or Dline guy goes through...he knows when to push and when to back off a bit...

What did you think of CSU's OL size rhis year?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

chitownbuff...I agree with you..the forman program started in the spring of that season culminating with 3 weeks of fall camp in august with 7 healthy OLine guys to work with in practice...'Tini...I find it amazing that over the last two years CSU has put out some awfully solid talent...they had a C, TE, LB'er and RB as rookies on either active rosters or on practice squads in the NFL - without referring to recruiting evaluations, my sense is that CSU brought in very solid 2 and 3 star guys and coached them up big time--same with the O tackle this year and grayson seems to be considered a top 5 QB in this year's draft..painful, but hats off to the rams. I know CU was after Bibbs out of HS, but couldn't get him in academically.

chitownbuff...I agree with you..the forman program started in the spring of that season culminating with 3 weeks of fall camp in august with 7 healthy OLine guys to work with in practice...'Tini...I find it amazing that over the last two years CSU has put out some awfully solid talent...they had a C, TE, LB'er and RB as rookies on either active rosters or on practice squads in the NFL - without referring to recruiting evaluations, my sense is that CSU brought in very solid 2 and 3 star guys and coached them up big time--same with the O tackle this year and grayson seems to be considered a top 5 QB in this year's draft..painful, but hats off to the rams. I know CU was after Bibbs out of HS, but couldn't get him in academically.

CSU has had smart recruiting, solid coaching and they've also been eating a lot of salmon up in Ft. Collins.

I was more pointing out that both OL's are the same size.

Only reason Grayson is rated that high is because of how terrible the QB class is outside of MM. He was terrible last week at the Senior Bowl. I see nothing that indicates we recruited Bibbs, either.

Your post seems to ignore schemes, odd that there was only one Pac12 player on that list. A lot of those players play on teams with a power run focus, where as we throw the ball a lot and run a lot of plays every game. And really, unless you are in the weight room with forman I'm not sure how you can claim he didn't adjust or anything. Players get beat up. They get worn down. Doesn't mean Forman didn't adapt.

Yeah, wasn't there also a story about the cops finding PED's in their fridge when they searched their apartment? But somehow that got brushed over.

Q...cabral was on bibbs until the academic excellence was revealed..As for the S and C component...all one had to do is talk to the O and D line guys and for that matter, most of those who saw meaningful minutes echoed the same sentiments--I view MM's reaching out to McChesney and Forman's subsequent comments in the press as an admission that the line guys need a different road map....seems like they have learned and are trying to adjust which is a great step in the right direction

[MENTION=10360]slystone[/MENTION] is spot on here with good insights into the specific circumstances with numbers on both lines that should have led to a different approach. Sounds like it was identified as an issue and is being rectified (both the numbers and the S&C strategy).

Q...cabral was on bibbs until the academic excellence was revealed..As for the S and C component...all one had to do is talk to the O and D line guys and for that matter, most of those who saw meaningful minutes echoed the same sentiments--I view MM's reaching out to McChesney and Forman's subsequent comments in the press as an admission that the line guys need a different road map....seems like they have learned and are trying to adjust which is a great step in the right direction

Once again there is nothing to suggest we were recruiting Bibbs. I'm still not buying the Foreman comment. Actually, I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue here

Back