What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Former KU QB Jordan Webb considering transfer to CU

Hansen was arguably the best QB we had in 6 years (not really saying much) but having that type of player as a back-up is a good move

Agree....as a backup. If he starts, and he is like Hansen, then we are in mediocreville.....

I think some other good news is that it pretty much assures Dillon of a redshirt year. He needs it.

So:

1. Wood
2. Webb
3. Hirschman
4. Schrock
5. Dorman

Add Dillon. 6 QB's is too many. Time to purge some QB(s)

At least Lobato is gone.....oops, turning into a decent QB in Greeley.

I think some other good news is that it pretty much assures Dillon of a redshirt year. He needs it.

:nod:

And if he were to surprise us by winning the job in fall camp we would feel a lot more confident that he's a special, special talent.

6ft qb which means he's probably more like 5-10/5-11. Meh

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

good evening mr glass half full!!!

can we change his name to "BOSS"? Bucket Of Sun Shine.

skyo could win the lotto and he would complain that the breif case full of money was too heavy. :rolling_eyes:

and no skyo, i am not saying that getting this kid is akin to winning the lottery.

headline....

CU Signs 8 foot tall 5 star QB from TX that runs an 4.2 forty and won the elite 11 competition.

Skyo....
pfffftttttt..... probably means he cant understand the playbook.

:lol:

:nod:

And if he were to surprise us by winning the job in fall camp we would feel a lot more confident that he's a special, special talent.

Yep. I will also say it is refreshing to see the coaches actually addressing depth issues head-on. They missed on Burnette, but were able to find a quick fix that looks better (on paper).

Agree....as a backup. If he starts, and he is like Hansen, then we are in mediocreville.....

If anyone but Wood starts then we're in trouble anyway. If Wood isn't the badass myself and a lot of others think he is, we're in for a long season.

Great move by the staff. I'm on the Wood bandwagon, but Webb might prove to be a little better than many expect. He's going to take the competition up a notch and bring a ton of experience to the table. There's really nothing not to like about this move. Yes, he got trapped in Gill's hopelessness at KU with nothing around him (Think our OL struggled last year? Check out KU's), but give the kid a chance.

I didn't like what i saw from his game when i watched him play for Kansas. I see a lot of irrational hating on this board.

Webb is not better than Hirschman in the pro-style offense. Maybe if you are talking about an Urban Meyer spread offense, Jordan WEbb is your QB. I will not be shocked if Webb changes position, i don't see a QB that will thrive in our system.

I didn't like what i saw from his game when i watched him play for Kansas. I see a lot of irrational hating on this board.

Webb is not better than Hirschman in the pro-style offense. Maybe if you are talking about an Urban Meyer spread offense, Jordan WEbb is your QB. I will not be shocked if Webb changes position, i don't see a QB that will thrive in our system.

Where exactly do you think he should play, coach? We're a little thin on the o-line. Maybe he could move there? Or defensive tackle, perhaps??

Jesus mother of Mary.

your an idot...He's being brought in to be a capable backup with game experience... not play another position

Where exactly do you think he should play, coach? We're a little thin on the o-line. Maybe he could move there? Or defensive tackle, perhaps??

Well bigbang kept talking about adding a DL transfer. Perhaps this is who he was referring to?

You are the biggest idiot i know. The guy on film stinks as a passing QB,. He is being brought in to compete.

clearly you dont listen to yourself speak or read what you type otherwise i wouldnt be the biggest idot you know

clearly you dont listen to yourself speak or read what you type otherwise i wouldnt be the biggest idot you know

Oh please, i wonder how many of you folks have actually watched film on Jordan Webb on this site, backup QB only in your dreams. BTW Connor Wood looks the part ? , how many practice sessions have you guy being to?, how many games have Connor Wood played in Black and Gold ?. This site i s worth it for its comedic value. Now creatini don't get me started about your comments in the Baylor thread.

Oh please, i wonder how many of you folks have actually watched film on Jordan Webb on this site, backup QB only in your dreams. BTW Connor Wood looks the part ? , how many practice sessions have you guy being to?, how many games have Connor Wood played in Black and Gold ?. This site i s worth it for its comedic value. Now creatini don't get me started about your comments in the Baylor thread.

Do you have a spaz attack when you hit any punctuation button?

As please, do go on.

Simple question for you, Big Bang. Forget about the comments from posters on this site for a minute. What does it say about the coaches' confidence in Hirschman that they keep on bringing in QBs that are directly in line to compete with him for playing time? Does it take much reading in between the lines here?

I fully admit that I have never had much confidence in Hirschman, so I probably am too biased to be objective about these moves. But don't these moves provide a bit of insight into what the coaches are thinking about the QB position?

I think this is an indication that the coaches are not confident at all in Hirschman's abilities. Dillon was going to redshirt regardless, IMO. I really don't think they wanted to have only one year difference between Wood and Dillon.

I'm conflicted on this, frankly. I really don't see Webb as anything other than a guy who will take some practice snaps away from Hirschman and Dillon. That's not a big deal for Dillon, yet. I think it could be a big deal for Hirschman. Again, if the coaches are not confident at all in his abilities, I suppose this is a reasonable direction for them to go. By my math, we now have 6 quarterbacks on the roster - Wood, Webb, Hirschman, Dorman, Shrock and Dillon. Five are on scholarship and none are seniors. That is too many, IMO. I suppose if the coaches could, they'd probably drop one or two of those guys - make your own assumptions as to who that would be.

[video=youtube;ZJ1OvrREVF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1OvrREVF0[/video]

BTW Big Bang, I have watched film on Webb. I tend to agree he is best fit for a spread, but beggars cannot be choosers at this time of year. I would not say his passing film is terrible. His release on film looks faster than Hirschman's, but beyond that it is hard to tell because his team sucks. He seems to have accuracy, but the arm strength looks average. No one is saying the guy is an All PAC-12 QB waiting to happen, but he is not the worst option either.

Back