What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Former KU QB Jordan Webb considering transfer to CU

your an idot...He's being brought in to be a capable backup with game experience... not play another position

You are the biggest idiot i know. The guy on film stinks as a passing QB,. He is being brought in to compete.

funny-facebook-fails-idiets-idiets-everywhere.jpg

I can only assume this means Hirschman or Dorman is going to transfer. Seems like a lot of QBs and these two kids appear to be purely bench material.

I love this move. I have not been a big fan of Hirschman. Webb will amp up the competition this summer big time, which can only help the Buffs.

Anyone who criticizes this move because they're worried about someone losing a job or hurting their feelings can go root for the Rams where that **** is acceptable.

That is all.

Simple question for you, Big Bang. Forget about the comments from posters on this site for a minute. What does it say about the coaches' confidence in Hirschman that they keep on bringing in QBs that are directly in line to compete with him for playing time? Does it take much reading in between the lines here?

I fully admit that I have never had much confidence in Hirschman, so I probably am too biased to be objective about these moves. But don't these moves provide a bit of insight into what the coaches are thinking about the QB position?

The coaches are bringing guys in to compete. That is the job of Embree, continue to improve the depth of the team. I don't read anything into it. I have also heard Embree say he was disappointed that Hirschman suffered the injury, he wanted Hirschman and Wood to compete in camp. I am a fan, if Woods wins the job, i will support him. If Webb wins the job, i will support him to. Not my place to back anybody or read between the lines. I have watched film of Wood, and Webb, and i don't get the hype. I also understand players do improve from year to year in College. For fans to just come out and say Wood will be the starter because he is a highly ranked player, transfer from Texas , wish other players to transfer, it is not there place, it hurts the team. let them compete, shut your collective mouths and be a fan.

[video=youtube;ZJ1OvrREVF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1OvrREVF0[/video]

BTW Big Bang, I have watched film on Webb. I tend to agree he is best fit for a spread, but beggars cannot be choosers at this time of year. I would not say his passing film is terrible. His release on film looks faster than Hirschman's, but beyond that it is hard to tell because his team sucks. He seems to have accuracy, but the arm strength looks average. No one is saying the guy is an All PAC-12 QB waiting to happen, but he is not the worst option either.

I think we're all hoping Webb is being brought in to push Wood and Hirschman, but ultimately to be a backup. Having a "running QB" as your backup isn't the worst thing in the world. Since they won't have nearly as many 1st team reps if they are called into the game, it's a nice to have a QB that can at least improvise a bit while he gets his feet wet. Plus, I think we all have confidence that Rip is a good QB coach. If Webb has the tools, hopefully Rip can train him to be more of a traditional passer.

The coaches are bringing guys in to compete. That is the job of Embree, continue to improve the depth of the team. I don't read anything into it. I have also heard Embree say he was disappointed that Hirschman suffered the injury, he wanted Hirschman and Wood to compete in camp. I am a fan, if Woods wins the job, i will support him. If Webb wins the job, i will support him to. Not my place to back anybody or read between the lines. I have watched film of Wood, and Webb, and i don't get the hype. I also understand players do improve from year to year in College. For fans to just come out and say Wood will be the starter because he is a highly ranked player, transfer from Texas , wish other players to transfer, it is not there place, it hurts the team. let them compete, shut your collective mouths and be a fan.

What is it you've seen with Hirschman that makes you like him?

I assume you're going off more than the couple nice plays he made at the end of the spring game a couple years ago.

Your post started out so well... and then went downhill quickly. You don't honestly believe most of this... do you?

I disagree, don't get the hype for Webb, he is not that good of a passer. Hope am wrong, Go Buffs.

I don't get where you think there is a ton of "hype" for Webb. As Wispy says and most have said in this thread, we are happy to have an experienced backup QB now.

I think this is an indication that the coaches are not confident at all in Hirschman's abilities. Dillon was going to redshirt regardless, IMO. I really don't think they wanted to have only one year difference between Wood and Dillon.

I'm conflicted on this, frankly. I really don't see Webb as anything other than a guy who will take some practice snaps away from Hirschman and Dillon. That's not a big deal for Dillon, yet. I think it could be a big deal for Hirschman. Again, if the coaches are not confident at all in his abilities, I suppose this is a reasonable direction for them to go. By my math, we now have 6 quarterbacks on the roster - Wood, Webb, Hirschman, Dorman, Shrock and Dillon. Five are on scholarship and none are seniors. That is too many, IMO. I suppose if the coaches could, they'd probably drop one or two of those guys - make your own assumptions as to who that would be.
forgive me if i missed this... but when did shrock get a scholarship... i thought he was a walk on?

What is it you've seen with Hirschman that makes you like him?

I assume you're going off more than the couple nice plays he made at the end of the spring game a couple years ago.

I like all the players, don't have favorites. I will call it as i see it. There is a ton of hype surrounding Wood. Hirschman is improving as a QB, has his strenght like arm strenght, size, strong to get out of a tackle, experience in the offense, and has his weaknesses like footwoork and decision making. I have also seen growth in Hirschman game. I want competition in camp. If Stevie Dorman Wins the job, i will support him. I will support all the QB on the roster.

Last edited:
All becoming a lot clearer now. No wonder you think numbers at a position = depth.

I think we're all hoping Webb is being brought in to push Wood and Hirschman, but ultimately to be a backup. Having a "running QB" as your backup isn't the worst thing in the world. Since they won't have nearly as many 1st team reps if they are called into the game, it's a nice to have a QB that can at least improvise a bit while he gets his feet wet. Plus, I think we all have confidence that Rip is a good QB coach. If Webb has the tools, hopefully Rip can train him to be more of a traditional passer.

Runs better than Cody Hawkins but Cody Hawkins is a better passer. Hansen is a better passer.

I like all the players, don't have favorites. I will call it as i see it. There is a ton of hype surrounding Wood. Hirschman is improving as a QB, has his strenght like arm strenght, size, strong to get out of a tackle, experience in the offense, and has his weaknesses like footwoork and decision making. I have also seen growth in Hirschman game. I want competition in camp. If Stevie Dorman Wins the job, i will support him. I will support all the QB on the roster.
how is he improving as a qb if he hasn't been able to walk for god knows how long.

Runs better than Cody Hawkins but Cody Hawkins is a better passer. Hansen is a better passer.
I find that hard to believe. Webb has to put air under a three yard hitch too? If so, I doubt Embo would have considered him, experience or not. Webb's long suit may not be a cannon arm, but he has to have a stronger arm than Cody....

I like all the players, don't have favorites. I will call it as i see it. There is a ton of hype surrounding Wood. Hirschman is improving as a QB, has his strenghts like arm strenghts, and has his weaknesses like footwoork and decision making. I have also seen growth in Hirschman game. I want competition in camp. If Stevie Dorman Wins the job, i will support him. I will support all the QB on the roster.

Okay. It seemed like you had a strong opinion that Hirschman was clearly our best option to start this year. If that's not the case, then that's ok.

I have always liked Hirschman as a QB I thought could develop. He's got the size, he's a smart kid, and he does seem able to make all the throws. My concerns with him have been more with how much time to develop. Slow release, bad footwork, slow to make decisions off read progressions. When he was in last year, he had that "deer in the headlights" or "playing in mud" look to him. That doesn't necessarily mean much, though, since most 2nd year guys will look like that in their first game action.

Competition, i don't think without tangible evidence. Lets wait until fall camp.

This sounds wonderful in theory. It really does.

But let's look at in the context of where this team is at right now. If Wood is not the guy come fall, one of three things has happened:

1. The QB you say "stinks" as a passing QB and just arrived on campus at the beginning of the summer has beaten him out.
2. The QB who has had two major foot injuries, missed all spring, and has questionable decision making (which only gets better with reps) has beaten him out.
3. A true freshman has set beaten everyone out.

When #3 seems like the best option out of those three, you got issues. We need someone to push Wood and he should not just get the job by default, but three QBs in a competition generally does not work. Someone is going to be left out here.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

good evening mr glass half full!!!

can we change his name to "BOSS"? Bucket Of Sun Shine.

skyo could win the lotto and he would complain that the breif case full of money was too heavy. :rolling_eyes:

and no skyo, i am not saying that getting this kid is akin to winning the lottery.

headline....

CU Signs 8 foot tall 5 star QB from TX that runs an 4.2 forty and won the elite 11 competition.

Skyo....
pfffftttttt..... probably means he cant understand the playbook.

:lol:

Wow, all that emotion for suggesting another 6-0 or under qb doesn't make me all giddy like you seem to be 24 hours a day?

You people bitch when I think cu should make a bowl game this year and now you go to another " you're too negative" rant.

Maybe we should let you filter all posts and see if there okay for your emotional well being. :lol:

Who's skyo? Strange stuff there 4 med buffs.

Last edited:
Your post started out so well... and then went downhill quickly. You don't honestly believe most of this... do you?

I don't get where you think there is a ton of "hype" for Webb. As Wispy says and most have said in this thread, we are happy to have an experienced backup QB now.

Exactly, experienced back-up. Hirschman looked lost in the asu game, seems the speed of the game really shocked him. Also, I haven't seen all this "hype" either...I'll have to ask 4 med buffs....

When did you see this growth, exactly? During one of the three games last year where he threw more than 1 pass? The last of those was the ASU game where he was replaced by Hansen before halftime? What that the growth you saw? Or was it maybe during the closed practices this spring, while he has a broken foot?

Don't get me wrong, I hope Hirschman is improving, I really do. I want him to succeed. But I'm a bit lost on just what you've seen that shows you "growth in (his) game"... :huh:

When did you see this growth, exactly? During one of the three games last year where he threw more than 1 pass? The last of those was the ASU game where he was replaced by Hansen before halftime? What that the growth you saw? Or was it maybe during the closed practices this spring, while he has a broken foot?

Don't get me wrong, I hope Hirschman is improving, I really do. I want him to succeed. But I'm a bit lost on just what you've seen that shows you "growth in (his) game"... :huh:

Didn't he get pulled in the first after almost throwing 2-3 picks?

I want to hear bigbang's reasoning for this "growth".
Haven't you been reading Buffzone? He's repeatedly said that he's growing...and taking mental notes while sidelined. If that's not enough for you then I don't know what is.

Hirschman was dominant in last year's spring game, Wood sucked in UT's spring game...end of story. :rolling_eyes:

Dont know much about Webb but he has some experience. Not wowed by him but solid #2 guy. At least, that is what im hoping for. Im sorry but Hirschman anywhere near #1 scares the **** out of me. This "growth" I read about must only be seen by qb gurus like bigbang. One of the biggest problems with him is footwork and now he has injured both feet, I think, hmm not good.

Back