1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four Things

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by azbuff, Sep 12, 2009.

1. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Four things I note about this game:

1. 3rd and 10, Toledo's first possession. Shortly after the ball was snapped I realized we were only rushing three and knew we were f***ed. With that D-line and how it performed Sunday night? Really? Terrible defensive call = 60 yard gain for Toledo. Knew we were in for it after that.

2. Scott looked like the real deal. However, anyone else notice that on his 32 yard rush in the 2nd quarter he maybe had a fifth gear he didn't turn on? He got caught by a LB for goodness sake. We all know he is faster than that.

3. Coach Hawk looked like crap. Like he just got back from spring break in Cabo and had a terrible case of Montezuma's Revenge. Sweatty and pale. I honestly hope his health is okay (even though I also hope he gets canned...like, Monday).

4. People, these two losses could've been a LOT worse. Both CSewe and Toledo turned it off in the second half a bit. Please spare me the posts about how our halftime adjustments have been good, etc.

I had people over for the game tonight and all I could do about our performance was laugh. Because if I didn't laugh, I was going to cry. More than one of my friends remarked this was the worst college football team he had ever bothered to watch.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Agree.

Especially on Scott. The poor kid looks like he's afraid to make a mistake. And he looks great anyway. Imagine if he could relax and just cut it loose.

3. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

Oh man. One more game like this and it's going to be like jonestown around here.

4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

again that's coaching. If he ****s up he probably thinks he's not going to get another chance. Don't blame him for thinking that either.

5. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Quick edit: I'm not criticizing Scott. He was BY FAR our best player tonight. Agree with comments re coaching. Just praying Scott doesn't transfer after what is bound to be the most embarrassing CU season in my lifetime.

6. roc ny fan

roc ny fan Member

az point#3 Right on. I cant stand a coach who just shows no emotion on the sidelines.

7. Spider

Spider Member

"3. Coach Hawk looked like crap..."

He looked troubled, to me, right from the beginning.

I don't know what Dan Hawkins was saying over there, but he was transmitting defeat with his face.

Players see that and many are affected by it.

8. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

It makes me wonder what approach is taken with him in practice and in meetings. I mean so many of our players don't have that and it almost makes me wonder if Scott is used as an example in practice...

9. NYbuffDIEHARD

NYbuffDIEHARD Active Member

Totally agree on #3, he looked hungover and scared right from the jump. I think he knows what we all know but obviously can't say it.

And that really scares me cause i am going to go insane with another horrible season.