What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fourth quarter defense

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
I caught the tail end of the KOA post game show with Bobby Pesavento and the other guy. They were really putting down the fourth quarter defense. I was like, "WTF?" Listen, first of all, we do not have tons of depth. Second, they ghrew the ****ing ball like 60 times. Thats a **** load of pass rushing. No wonder they were gassed. Third, tt has, by all accounts, a damned good O-Line. Oh, and not to mention the lack of any holding calls. Also, they should get credit for making tt burn all their timeouts and a lot of clock on that last drive.

Yeah I agree with you... It's just a little frustrating for the game to get that close because for about 3 quarters it felt like we were going to blow them out like last year.

I don't think the D let us down in the 4th quarter as much as the O let us down in the 2nd half. They need to turn all those INT's into points. Of the 4 int's today only 1 was returned for a TD. The other 3 put is in great position to come away to points and the offense didn't do anything to show the D their love.

D did exactly what it had to against Tech. Get a few stops here and there and keep everything if front and tackle. The did that for most of the game and only had a few breakdowns. If our O gets points out of the turn overs it's a non-issue in my mind.

TT is going to get it's points. You are not going to stop that offense all game. To keep them under 30 was huge in my book.

Buffs don't have the depth yet on defense to blow teams out like that.. We don't have Ohio State talent.. Don't really understand how anyone could get on them unless they don't know much about football.. This ain't Playstation 3 NCAA football out there..

Defense still made some plays in the 4th quarter.. I think the coverage in our secondary has been vastly improved this year compared with the last couple of years.. TTech had to work to get 26 points on us at their place.. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me..

The game got close at the end because the Buffs went to a D that keep the ball in front of them. Hawkins wanted to make TT earn the yards and not get back in the game on a couple big plays. When you do that the short passes become easier and an offence keeps moving slowly. Barnnet would lose games this way, but Hawkins managed to do it pretty well.

Back