What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fox Coverage of BCS Games

Am I the only one who thought it was mildly amusing seeing Jimmy Johnson and Barry Squitzer sitting right next to each other?

Did anyone watch the post game of the UT-OSU? During one of the interviews, that sideline chick was asking one of the UT players if he felt vindicated by the win, and she said., "...they said you didn't belong in this game..", implying there was debate UT shouldn't have been in the Fiesta Bowl. WTF? Did she not understand the BCS? THink she was reporting at the BCS Championship? Or did I just misunderstand her?

Am I the only one who thought it was mildly amusing seeing Jimmy Johnson and Barry Squitzer sitting right next to each other?

Why? Johnson was an assistant under Switzer at OU and Switzer had no hand in Johnson´s firing in Dallas. Johnson was fired because he got too big for Jerry Jones and because Jones thought he didn´t get enough credit for the Cowboys turn around and because he wanted to be more involved.

Why? Johnson was an assistant under Switzer at OU and Switzer had no hand in Johnson´s firing in Dallas. Johnson was fired because he got too big for Jerry Jones and because Jones thought he didn´t get enough credit for the Cowboys turn around and because he wanted to be more involved.

I didn't know Johnson was on Switzers' staff. I remember the days of Johnson & Switzer at OU and OSU and then the fact that Jones fired Johnson in favor of Switzer. Whether Switzer had anything to do with Johnson's firing is secondary, IMO, to the fact that one replaced the other. There's definitely a history between the two that goes way back.

Nope. :bounce:

I didn't know Johnson was on Switzers' staff. I remember the days of Johnson & Switzer at OU and OSU and then the fact that Jones fired Johnson in favor of Switzer. Whether Switzer had anything to do with Johnson's firing is secondary, IMO, to the fact that one replaced the other. There's definitely a history between the two that goes way back.

JJ quit, actually officially retired, after a disagreement with Jerry Jones. I want to say one of them had been drinking and some off comments were made about the other and that was it. I remember a picture of a disheveled Johnson hurriedly carrying his stuff out of his offices with a pretty angry look on his face. The two didn't reconcile for a couple of years.

Jones quickly put his dick up his own ass by hiring Switzer and making Quincy Carter a first round draft pick. :lol: Switzer did win the superbowl within a year or two. Jones proceeded to have several bad drafts before realizing his mistake and hiring Parcells who cut something like 40 of the players after arriving.

Nope. :bounce:

JJ quit, actually officially retired, after a disagreement with Jerry Jones. I want to say one of them had been drinking and some off comments were made about the other and that was it. I remember a picture of a disheveled Johnson hurriedly carrying his stuff out of his offices with a pretty angry look on his face. The two didn't reconcile for a couple of years.

Jones quickly put his dick up his own ass by hiring Switzer and making Quincy Carter a first round draft pick. :lol: Switzer did win the superbowl within a year or two. Jones proceeded to have several bad drafts before realizing his mistake and hiring Parcells who cut something like 40 of the players after arriving.

Yep, I think the whole thing boiled over when Jones, after a few drinks, talked to a few reporters in the wee hours at an owners meeting or something. At least that´s how I recall it from "Boys Will Be Boys".

When Switzer became HC at OU, he hired a young assistant Jimmy Johnson (from Iowa State I believe) mainly to devise a defensive scheme to stop the Texas wishbone attack. I also know Barry had a hand in getting Jimmy hired at OSU, personal reference or something like that. Jimmy used what he learned at OU to stop Texass' wishobone to stop OU's wishbone when he bacame the coach at Miami and had the players (speed) to do so.

Only problem he didnt have the players in 5 years as HC at OSU to beat either Nebraska or OU so when the Miami gig came open, (howard "the drunk" schellenberger splitting for the USFL) he tood that job.

Barry was also an assistant coach at Arkansas when Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones played there....

OK, so there's definitely a history between the two. Some of it positive, perhaps some of it not so positive. In any event, I found it funny to see the two of them sitting right next to each other in the studio.

OK, so there's definitely a history between the two. Some of it positive, perhaps some of it not so positive. In any event, I found it funny to see the two of them sitting right next to each other in the studio.

ya I have seen some funny stuff go on between these two..... they, Barry and Jimmy, have a better love/hate relationship than what Barry and Larry Lacewell do....

Yeah, Fox sucks at CFB and shouldn't be doing the BCS games. The worst part is their 'panel' for pregame and half time. 4 jokers who haven't paid attention to CFB in 10-20 years. They should comment about Formula 1 racing instead of CFB, they'd be more believable.

Personally, I can't stand Switzer and Johnson. A couple of F'ing idots who are so far removed from the college game they have forgotten what it's about. Switzer guaranteed that Utah would lose to Bama...what an ass clown. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but compared to those two I'd prefer drooling Lou Holtz. :puke:

Yea I totally agree again, I would rather have Holtz and May or Corso and Herbie, guys that live, breathe and eat college football all year round, not just for 2 weeks in dec / jan. And don't get me started on Chris Rose, that guy is about as funny as getting teeth pulled. Just plain bad all around by fox.

Anybody who would rather have Lou Holtz than a root canal is certifiable. The man is a walking cartoon. Half the time you can't even understand what he's saying.

Anybody who would rather have Lou Holtz than a root canal is certifiable. The man is a walking cartoon. Half the time you can't even understand what he's saying.

I like him and The Counting Crows just because Sacky doesn't. :haha:

Want to come over and see my Derek Morris poster? :bounce:

What the hell was up with the sound? It was like watching the game in a weird wind tunnel or something. Well, I guess it was kinda nice. I couldn't hear Boomer Sooner very well.

Back