1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fran & Cally "slash" Gone

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Waldo, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

2. Jerry

Jerry Well-Known Member

Ole miss coach fired too.

3. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Baylor maybe?

5. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Sounds like a win yesterday might have saved him, darn :huh:

6. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Osborne said not likely. It wasn't the losses as much as it was how bad the losses were. Way too many turnovers. He said that when he was coach he always felt that if he had one losing season (never did) he was done for. He felt that that was the standard and should continue to be the standard. In Osborne's 4th year he went 9-3. A regent congratulated TO on the win and then told him, after the last game, that if he had lost they would have fired him. The standards appear to be going back up.

Osborne only lost something like 4 or 5 games by about 40 points. Cally beat him to that record as well as the first two losing seasons in 38 years (more or less)

7. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

Callahan also didn't welcome or recognize any of the former players as well. I think that really pissed off Osborne along with the 30 or 40 other things he did over the years as our HC.

8. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

CU still supports Callahan.. I thought he did a good job changing the Nebraska football culture.. He had a good four years.. :lol::thumbsup:

9. Blackshirts

Blackshirts Guest

And I am afraid it's going to take that long to fix this mess that Clowahan and Pedey screwed up!

10. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Why would someone hire a coach still stuck in the Big 8/Big 10 of the early nineties coaching style?

The guy is done.. Maybe he can coach at Div 3 or something..

11. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

It'll be interesting to see what happens at NU. There definitely was an implosion, but the talent is there. It's just the coaching that never was there. If somehow you guys get a good coach--the bar is set really high and after all of the stuff that's gone down this season--I could see a 2 year turn around in a good North team, 3 until a good Big 12 team.

What I'd really worry about if I was an Husker fan is whether a good, proven HC would be willing to go to Nebraska and perform. You guys have the fan support and the tradition, but given how strong the Big 12 is--unlike say Michigan in the Big 10--the expectation to return to 90s-level might not be worth it. Pelini has been mentioned a lot, but he's not proven at the HC level yet and he's seen firsthand what happened to Solich and was also passed up for an ex-NFL coach that turned a superbowl-caliber team into a bottom dweller.

First thing, though, is TO needs to find an AD that will find his Husker FB coach. The relationship between the AD/HC is too important and if one feels slighted it's just going to take longer to rebuild.

12. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

As a Buff fan I am saddened by this news :cry:, then again after what has transpired there over the last 6 plus years there is a glimmer of hope that they will F up and get another dunce:wink2: