What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fran out at aTm

I lived near Austin (Georgetown - home of Mason Crosby) for 6 years; never got why Austin is so nice either - I never really liked the place - 6th street was OK if you are young - I am not - Esthers Follys is the one thing on 6th street I liked. Always though downtown San Anton was nice to visit. Overall too many people, no open spce that is public land and too hot. Nice people though. A good place to be a college football fan.

I lived near Austin (Georgetown - home of Mason Crosby) for 6 years; never got why Austin is so nice either - I never really liked the place - 6th street was OK if you are young - I am not - Esthers Follys is the one thing on 6th street I liked. Always though downtown San Anton was nice to visit. Overall too many people, no open spce that is public land and too hot. Nice people though. A good place to be a college football fan.

How do you like living in Boise? I have never been to Cour De Alene but I think I would move in a heartbeat.

How do you like living in Boise? I have never been to Cour De Alene but I think I would move in a heartbeat.

I thik Sandpoint would be a better fit. You could slip in and out of Canada as you pleased.

Personally, Seattle or Portland would probably be my next stop. I miss the Ocean.

great place, have friends that live north in sandpoint, id. just north of cda. i'd move there too in a hearbeat or missoula, mt.

i remember hf talking about the western side of the rockies up around flathead lake in montana. another beautiful area too...

now back on subject.... ag friend tonight when I came in to work, said fran wont make it through the season, and the DC, darnell will be named coach after this weekend...

Last edited:
now back on subject.... ag friend tonight when I came in to work, said fran wont make it through the season, and the DC, darnell will be named coach after this weekend...

Ouch. When you have to turn to Gary freaking Darnell to be coach, things have gotten bad.

Pretty ugly situation in Aggyville right now. Nice to see fans leaving notes on McGee's truck. Talk about chicken****.

Well, there's almost no public land anywhere in Texas. So yeah, if you compare Austin to places out of the state, it's not going to fare well. However, as far as Texas is concerned, Austin is the only place I'd live.

6th street is stupid. If you are older than 22 and want night life, go to 4th street (the warehouse district). Not quite San Diego's gaslamp district, but still very nice. And Austin is a nice place to live, not just party.

Go to the west side of town and the hills and lakes. Or downtown, which is easily accessible, easy to walk, has people who actually live there, and very nice restaurants. San Antonio's downtown is an overpriced dump (literally, since it smells like trash all the time).

Have you visited Zilker Park? It's a humongous city park, very near downtown, where Barton Springs pool is at. If you know Zilker or Barton Springs Pool, you know why Austin is the best city in Texas (and it doesn't hurt that you have Chuy's, Baby A's, and Shady Grove within stumbling distance either).

Northern San Antonio is very nice...the area I live in which is kinda by the Dominion where all the Spurs live. The rest is absolute garbage. Downtown isn't bad.

Yeah, that's because that part of the city is all new. It will look ****ty like everything else in another 5-10 years. The Dominion is not new, but everything around it is, except Leon Springs.

Visited Zilker for junior's soccer games; a friend who lived in Dallas told me "the problem with Texas is there is no outdoors" I didn't know what he meant. If you like the lifestyle of skiing, backpacking and mtn biking - Texas comes up short. The only outside I found was golfing. Boise is great so far - I imagine its like Denver 30 years or so ago. The whole state reminds me of Colorado back in the '60's (I am from Grand Jct). To get anywhere is 2 lane highway - so you can't be in a hurry. The mountains are not as spectacular as the continental divide. But outdoor recreation is limitless and uncrowded. Boise is big enough to be fun but still user friendly. It won't last but its great now.

Yeah, that's because that part of the city is all new. It will look ****ty like everything else in another 5-10 years. The Dominion is not new, but everything around it is, except Leon Springs.

The few times I have been in San Antonio I feel like I'm stepping back in time. Has anything in that city been updated since the 1970s?

I was in San Antonio once and I thought it was very cool. Granted, I was staying in a hotel right on the Riverwalk, but I did walk around a bit outside of the area and I found it to be a decent place. Played some golf, went up in the space needle thingy they have there, saw the Alamo. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was in San Antonio once and I thought it was very cool. Granted, I was staying in a hotel right on the Riverwalk, but I did walk around a bit outside of the area and I found it to be a decent place. Played some golf, went up in the space needle thingy they have there, saw the Alamo. I was pleasantly surprised.

That's all there is to do there. You would have run out of things to do in about another 4 days...

Back