1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Martin press conference - completely rips his team and himself

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

[video]http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/index.html?media=372064[/video]

I miss having him in our conference. It was so much fun to beat the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer of college hoops.

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Major, major mistake for him to go to South Carolina. That is not a place he will find success, he is not the right fit for them. South Carolina has been a basketball graveyard ever since leaving the ACC.

3. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

I don't think he had too many other choices. At least half of the KSU team would have left had he stayed. He's a good coach, but not sure if there were too many good programs that would have entrusted their program in his hands.

He has a good guard coming in next year. Should make them more competitive at least.

4. Hoops Fan

Hoops Fan Club Member Club Member

Still, what I heard on the tape told me that the guy is a leader worth following ... Style is an issue for some, but the substance is clearly there. I hope that he does well in SC

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Losing Anthony Gill, who transferred to Virginia and is sitting out this year, was an absolute killer. Dude is a complete baller.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

With Martin, you're getting Bobby Knight minus at least 50 IQ points and without the integrity in recruiting & academics.

7. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

He should be a perfect fit for the SEC then.
    In all seriousness though, I think Martin will turn around SC. Besides UK and Florida, the SEC is a wide open conference in basketball. SC has a nice facility, surprisingly better than most of the conference. Columbia is one of the better college towns in the SEC, especially if you're looking to not be stuck in a 20,000 deep south metropolis. Way easier to recruit to than Manhattan, Kansas. Add that to being close to the Mid-Atlantic recruiting hotbed, which they've already began to tap and Martin's Miami connection. The ingredients are there for him to be successful.