What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno game is POSTPONED

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
As of now roads in and out of Boulder are closed. IMHO a lot has to improve in the next 24 hours for a game to be played tomorrow at Noon.
Could CU delay the kickoff a few hours ? Play Sunday ? Cancel the game ? What are your thoughts ? Hear anything through the grapevine ?

As of now roads in and out of Boulder are closed. IMHO a lot has to improve in the next 24 hours for a game to be played tomorrow at Noon.
Could CU delay the kickoff a few hours ? Play Sunday ? Cancel the game ? What are your thoughts ? Hear anything through the grapevine ?

Rain is supposed to stop/lighten up this morning until about 1pm, then pick up again until 8pm. Then should be clear until about 1pm on Saturday. Lots of "Scattered showers" today.

The game will go on as long as roads into and out of boulder are structurally ok and the stadium is also structurally sound.

If 36 is open, the game will happen

Flooded basements and small bridges out along the foothills are not going to stop commerce. Parking is going to be a bear!, but the game will happen. Don't buy into the hype. I've kayaked boulder creek at similar levels three times in the last 30 years. The press has a storm of the century about once a year!

I was wrong. The creek is 10 times the amount I have boated between 700 and 1000.

Last edited:
Could be a blessing, maybe it'll slow their ass down a bit. Only problem is we'd get slower too probably lol.

The first priority of the city and the campus is to address the basic needs of evacuees and the students who are waiting out the storm in the dorms. If the game were to get in the way of delivering shelter and food to people in crisis, then the choice is pretty easy.

But if 36 is passable and there is sufficient parking, then having a game just might be the distraction that is needed.

The students have got to be getting restless.

With all of the rain in and around Boulder & the students being couped up, maybe most of them will turn out for the game and be fired up

Amazing - I really do not see how this game can go on, at least at noon, with the surrounding road conditions. Hard to get in and out of Boulder on a good game day. Throw in traffic and all the issues with the Boulder residents, the stadium will truly be empty of fans. + the field is going to be soft and mushy. Do they want to tear the field up? Not looking for an excuse out of the game, but this really needs to be looked at.

Amazing - I really do not see how this game can go on, at least at noon, with the surrounding road conditions. Hard to get in and out of Boulder on a good game day. Throw in traffic and all the issues with the Boulder residents, the stadium will truly be empty of fans. + the field is going to be soft and mushy. Do they want to tear the field up? Not looking for an excuse out of the game, but this really needs to be looked at.

Football is a game played in the elements, whatever those elements may be. Unless there is fear of the stadium collapsing, the game will be played. Even if the stadium is empty. Way too much money involved in TV revenue to cancel it. Also as far as the field goes, The team does not play on it for 3 weeks after this Saturday. If they need to replace sod, then they will.

My question about the status has to do with FS. If they are arriving today, how do they get into Boulder? I am sure by the time they get in tonight, there will be at least one road open into the city, but it could be interesting

The first priority of the city and the campus is to address the basic needs of evacuees and the students who are waiting out the storm in the dorms. If the game were to get in the way of delivering shelter and food to people in crisis, then the choice is pretty easy.

But if 36 is passable and there is sufficient parking, then having a game just might be the distraction that is needed.

The students have got to be getting restless.
Righto...game on regardless.

My question about the status has to do with FS. If they are arriving today, how do they get into Boulder? I am sure by the time they get in tonight, there will be at least one road open into the city, but it could be interesting

I'm thinking they will need to take the HWY 93 route.

Isn't 93 closed? It has been every time I've looked.

I have a feeling the game will go on - in front of an empty stadium - unless the forecast gets significantly worse.

Imo, if resources have to be diverted from more important things to deal with a ****ing football game, it's a pretty obvious decision, I don't care if it is the Buffs.

Isn't 93 closed? It has been every time I've looked.

I have a feeling the game will go on - in front of an empty stadium - unless the forecast gets significantly worse.

Imo, if resources have to be diverted from more important things to deal with a ****ing football game, it's a pretty obvious decision, I don't care if it is the Buffs.

They should turn everything over to Argus. I'm sure they would do a fine of job of directing traffic, security, etc.

Mile High/Investco/Sports Authority/Cinch Jeans stadium. Book it! I here people love to watch games there.

jesus. how the **** are you supposed to get around? or out of town?

You aren't. Police chief is optimistic they will get some routes open this afternoon as the rain chills out. Need some sunlight badly. Start burning off some of that moisture.

Good point. No idea.

The team is actually going to be staying in Westminster tonight. I'm not sure if that was the plan all along, or if they made a last minute change due to the weather situation.

CU should give free tickets to Colorado residents impacted by the flood to improve the CU fan base.

The team is actually going to be staying in Westminster tonight. I'm not sure if that was the plan all along, or if they made a last minute change due to the weather situation.

Yeah, I think the visiting teams usually stay at that giant Westin in Westminster.

Back