What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno game is POSTPONED

Per the press conference, not playing the game is now on the table. Distephano is meeting with people today and will make the decision later.

Distephano, forced to make a decision. Uhoh!

That was pre-press conference though.

Looks like the weather is Boulder is Clearing up until about 3. Then some T-Storms developing.

Also could they move it to Denver? Broncos don't play this week. It would look bad on TV as the stadium would be about 1/3 full, but Open up the lower bowl to all those with tickets and let the boys play ball.

Last edited:
I don't think the issue will be if the field is ready. I can see the Boulder PD and Sheriff not wanting thousands of cars to try and get into Boulder.

The press conference just stated to stay the **** out of Boulder. (Or something to that effect.)

Looks like the weather is Boulder is Clearing up until about 3. Then some T-Storms developing.

Also could they move it to Denver? Broncos don't play this week. It would look bad on TV as the stadium would be about 1/3 full, but Open up the lower bowl to all those with tickets and let the boys play ball.

Food for thought----we don't share a common open date with Fresno, and I think rescheduling this game for championship weekend in December doesn't fly either, as they could be playing for the MWC title that weekend.

Funny.

In addition to Sports Auth. field, is Air Force at home, UNC, etc?

AF is at Boise

UNC is at Wyo

UNC would probably logistically be the easiest to set up. However how is Greeley doing with the floods?

AF would be a pain to get people on base. Lots of things we typically tailgate with would be limited

SAF would apparently be a pain in the ass to get set up, I don't really get why but hey thats just me.

Question for anyone, has it ever been done that a game has been played while the stadium was closed? Meaning could they say no fans/spectators but still televise the game? It would be kind of a scrimmage at that point.

AF is at Boise - tonight

UNC is at Wyo

UNC would probably logistically be the easiest to set up. However how is Greeley doing with the floods?

AF would be a pain to get people on base. Lots of things we typically tailgate with would be limited

SAF would apparently be a pain in the ass to get set up, I don't really get why but hey thats just me.

Question for anyone, has it ever been done that a game has been played while the stadium was closed? Meaning could they say no fans/spectators but still televise the game? It would be kind of a scrimmage at that point.
AF tonight (FRIDAY 9/13/13)

You know the Donkos would say hell no to playing at Mile High - they're not going to let the field get torn up.

My best guess is that if they can't play in Boulder tomorrow, maybe they can get FSU to hold over another day. Otherwise, it may be like WSU game in 2001 and just won't be played.

AFA would be risky too - further away from the foothills the better. I don't think Greeley's too bad, relatively speaking.

AFA would be risky too - further away from the foothills the better. I don't think Greeley's too bad, relatively speaking.

AFA is about a thousand feet higher. Apparently not too much rain in that part of the Springs. All the flooding down there is on the burn scar.

You know the Donkos would say hell no to playing at Mile High - they're not going to let the field get torn up.

My best guess is that if they can't play in Boulder tomorrow, maybe they can get FSU to hold over another day. Otherwise, it may be like WSU game in 2001 and just won't be played.

Sucks for everyone all around. Those of us out of stayers that flew in are pretty anxious right now. Not knowing the weather report, I wonder if delaying until later Saturday would help at all?

Bet some highschools down 36 would. We could pay them for the stadium usage. Most schools could use the money.

Very few schools have their own stadiums any more. The only way I see this happening is on a turf field; I don's see districts willing to risk that much damage to grass. It would also have to be outside Boulder Valley as they have cancelled all events at their venues.

The game should be moved to CA. We can pay for your team to come here. We open the gates at bulldog stadium and we have donations that go back to the people. It's a win win for everyone. it's not going to be hot and then we can schedule two games in CO in the future.

Sucks for everyone all around. Those of us out of stayers that flew in are pretty anxious right now. Not knowing the weather report, I wonder if delaying until later Saturday would help at all?
That is what I am thinking they are going to wind up doing. Just to give more time to clear some roads. That NOON time frame seems really early.

Valor Christian has a turf field and a nice stadium for high school lol

They also need money to pay their players. I mean pay for scholarships.

Status If FSU/CU Will Be Played -

Per a recent tweet from CU:

@cubuffs: We are continuing to monitor the situation and will have more info available soon with regards to Saturday's football game with Fresno St.

Or North Stadium in Broomfield (I think) has a nice little bowl and field turf. Could probably get about 10,000 in there?

North Stadium 2500
Valor Stadium 5250
Shea Stadium 5200
5-star stadium 7600
Stutler Bowl 7500
Legacy Stadium 7500
De La Salle Stadium 6500
All City Stadium 6400

Last edited:
Back