What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno game is POSTPONED

Given the resources necessary to manage the game day crowd, the only sane thing to do is to cancel the game. Anyone else not surprised that Distephano is waffling and delaying any decision?

Given the resources necessary to manage the game day crowd, the only sane thing to do is to cancel the game. Anyone else not surprised that Distephano is waffling and delaying any decision?

If they close all parking, the game will still go on while minimizing people being able to go to the game. Would be probably 10000 in the stadium but it could still be played at minimal resources

Status If FSU/CU Will Be Played -

I agree. That call should have been made yesterday.

The problem isn't so much whether the stadium or field is in good enough shape to host a game. They are. The issue is the limited access into and out of Boulder, and the fact that it would be a really horrible idea to clog up what limited arterials are open with people going to a football game.

The problem isn't so much whether the stadium or field is in good enough shape to host a game. They are. The issue is the limited access into and out of Boulder, and the fact that it would be a really horrible idea to clog up what limited arterials are open with people going to a football game.

:nod: How many police are used during the games. I feel they could be used in a much better manner.

If that's the call, it absolutely should have been made yesterday. Instead, Plati tells me "it's a go, no worries". I understand it got worse over night but that wasn't a surprise.

I would think the last thing Boulder PoPo wants is to deal with is more traffic around the campus and more people trying to get into Boulder.

I would think either postponing or canceling the game is the right decision. I don't know if it can be moved to Saturday night or even Sunday. As it stands now CU will be lucky to get 20k in attendance with so many different roads closed.

Imagine that CU officials not knowing what they are talking about. Blue skies over boulder right now, rain bands continue to break up as they move north. Hopefully that continues.

If they close all parking, the game will still go on while minimizing people being able to go to the game. Would be probably 10000 in the stadium but it could still be played at minimal resources
sounds like Distephano's wet dream.

I really wish this would clear up and get on with this game. Ready to get it on. but I do totally understand all the logistics and staff involved to put on a game. SUCKS... + two week by week SUCKS.

And they can't exactly say "we will play the game, but ask that people with tickets don't come"

a one day delay may or may not be appropriate. I think we will be dealing with these issues for a week or so.

I'm sure CU is able to have the game. My question is weather or not the City of Boulder can handle it. I don't think they can.

Question for anyone, has it ever been done that a game has been played while the stadium was closed? Meaning could they say no fans/spectators but still televise the game? It would be kind of a scrimmage at that point.

I'm even wondering about TV crews. Is all their setup (trucks, etc.) usually contained within the Folson footprint, on the concrete and paving right outside the stadium? Or do they usually end up with some production and equipment trucks out into any of the grassy areas or lots? I haven't really paid that much attention or thought about it much before...

Distepheno is going to have to be told absolutely not by the Sheriff. If the Sheriff says maybe its a go, the game will go on.

High school games are starting to cancel for tonight. Just received notification that my daughter's school canceled football and all after school activities and i'm in Thornton.

I'm even wondering about TV crews. Is all their setup (trucks, etc.) usually contained within the Folson footprint, on the concrete and paving right outside the stadium? Or do they usually end up with some production and equipment trucks out into any of the grassy areas or lots? I haven't really paid that much attention or thought about it much before...

TV trucks are up on the north side of the stadium on pavement. all contained in the folsom footprint, minus the game board operators. They are over in Coors.

I think it's a stupid idea to play it.

I also think they will.

I have to wonder if the PAC-12 network has an opinion.

I am hearing from some folks with faculty connections that Boulder has pulled all county and city security resources. That is why DiStepheno is being forced to make a decision on how to proceed.

High school games are starting to cancel for tonight. Just received notification that my daughter's school canceled football and all after school activities and i'm in Thornton.

Heard this morning that Fruita's game at Eaglecrest is being delayed from tonight to tomorrow night, but still scheduled to be played this weekend. And their game scheduled here for next Thursday against Highlands Ranch is being postponed to Saturday since HR's game this weekend has been postponed to Monday night. Going to be a lot of scrambling going on to work around this for a while now, I'd guess...

TV trucks are up on the north side of the stadium on pavement. all contained in the folsom footprint, minus the game board operators. They are over in Coors.

Thanks. Sounds like no issues there, then...

Let the players play. Reimburse all tickets for this single game and tell the fans where they can watch it on TV.

Back