What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno State

We should be able to score on them. They have given up over 100 more yards through the air than we have and over twice as many rushing yards.
We're just two games in but I am going to savor the fact that we are #17 in the nation against the rush even if only for one week. Feels good.
I saw a post yesterday that suggested Saturdays win wasn't as much about the coaching as it was a couple of big plays - the staff must be doing something right. Thus far I am pleasantly surprised with this years Buffs. GO BUFFS, BEAT FRESNO ST.

I like to hear "CU only won because..."

I think this could be a very high scoring game. Like 45-42 or something. Fresno has a ton of weapons on offense, and frankly, so does CU. My fear is that this will come down to special teams. Ugh.

Mathews was our backup FS...at the very least he tore his ACL, could be worse. Riley I think should be good to go.

Thanks. Riley does appear to be the more important player for the defense. Too bad on Matthews - hate to hear a kid tore up his knee.

A lot has to be said for the Buffs' new-found confidence. And if the crowd shows up...could turn out WVU/OU style

....plus, I think the CAU game was good for the team in that they realize they don't "deserve the cheese". They realize they have some stuff to work on and may be more focused. Honestly, as much as they were told not to overlook CAU, a lot of guys looked like they were phoning it in.

Don't like our tendency to score early and then go stagnant. Very frustrating. We had a chance to add to the leads in both games and stubbed our toe. Also, in both games we had a series where we picked up 7 on first down and then ran the ball up the middle twice and failed to convert. Those are just killer in my mind. If you have 2nd and 3, you have to keep the drive going.

On defense, we were lucky on a few occasions against UCA. Granted, they also made a couple of phenomenal catches on us. But I think they had maybe 4 plays with a receiver wide open and the QB threw a bad pass. Even against CSU they had a guy wide open over the middle for a TD and the QB missed him. We won't be so lucky anymore.

Anyway, those are concerns that I'd really like to see cleaned up, along with not so special teams, of course.

I think Fresno is a lot more winnable than I originally did when I saw the sched. Their weakness is Defense. Cal-Poly put up 244 passing yards and 172 rushing yards. Fresno wins because of 2 punt returns for TD's. This game will be on our ST. If they can prevent any returns for scores, I think we can pull it off. Our D just needs to keep playing fundamentally sound like they have the past two weeks. P-Rich should have his opportunities, but I think the offensive production comes down to our RB stable, and Spruce/Goodson.

One thing I have really liked about the Buffs this year is that we are seeing them make mistakes but not always the some ones. That speaks volumes about the coaching and the abilty for them to identify issues and remedy them. With out stupid plays like the turnovers in the UCA game and the kick and punt coverage in the CSU we would have smoked both teams. The Buffs are a young team that will make mistakes but so far this season the coaching is helping them to overcome them. CU has a good shot against Fresno after horrific loss last season the Buffs want redemption. That is a strong motivator and could be the difference in the game. Also this will be third game under Mac each time they play the team gets more comfortable with the new coach.

I think Fresno is a lot more winnable than I originally did when I saw the sched. Their weakness is Defense. Cal-Poly put up 244 passing yards and 172 rushing yards. Fresno wins because of 2 punt returns for TD's. This game will be on our ST. If they can prevent any returns for scores, I think we can pull it off. Our D just needs to keep playing fundamentally sound like they have the past two weeks. P-Rich should have his opportunities, but I think the offensive production comes down to our RB stable, and Spruce/Goodson.
We were up 34-0 at the half dude. They had 44 yards of offense before we put in the backups on D, and we were already rotating in the second teamers on offense at that point.

We were up 34-0 at the half dude. They had 44 yards of offense before we put in the backups on D, and we were already rotating in the second teamers on offense at that point.

The stats are not in Fresno's favor for the most part, except for the obvious and most important one. CU has something to prove in this one I think. I am not 100% confident we win, but I feel a lot better that I did earlier this year. Was not impressed with your defensive performance against Rutgers or Cal-Poly

The stats are not in Fresno's favor for the most part, except for the obvious and most important one. CU has something to prove in this one I think. I am not 100% confident we win, but I feel a lot better that I did earlier this year. Was not impressed with your defensive performance against Rutgers or Cal-Poly

It's a little early to go full retard.

Semper Gumby

Does CU have an advantage at altitude in a track-meet type game?

I hope so, because that's what I envision happening.

It's a little early to go full retard.

Semper Gumby

Did you see the stats for the Cal-Poly game? The Mustangs won in every recorded stat category except points obviously, first downs, and penalties. Special teams is where Fresno truly beat them. That is our weakness. Like I said in my post not 100% confident we win this one, but feeling much better than I did.

people should be looking at the first half stats of the fresno state calpoly game only. You know, when they played their starters. Using anything else is really dumb.

Who are the two 1st team DBs that got injured? Are they just nicked or will they be out vs. CU? One of the biggest questions of the week, seeing as how CU is a passing team with a lethal WR. Also, if these DBs are out, then shouldn't we be discussing the 2nd teamers (who you want us to ignore)?

Last edited:
people should be looking at the first half stats of the fresno state calpoly game only. You know, when they played their starters. Using anything else is really dumb.

Fine, would Rutger be a better measuring stick?

Again, Rutgers beat them in almost every statistical category. Except the most important one. Rutgers held the advantage in 3rd Efficiency, Total Yards, Completion %, Yards per comp., Rushing yards, Rushing attempts, yards per carry, turnovers, and time of possession.

Only reason Fresno ended up with more passing yards was because they threw it 73 times. I know that stats do not show the entire story. They do not always match up with the winning team. But I do know that fresno is not as scary as they were last season. Their defense has some big weaknesses and we may exploit those.

Sip some Kool-aid and enjoy another week where Colorado gets to play winner.

A big difference from last year's Fresno team is their complete lack of a stud RB or running game. Last year, Robbie Rouse gashed us. Also, we won't be completely catatonic on D.

Well...take a closer look:

..........1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Cal Poly 0 0 10 15

Fresno St 10 24 7 0

34-0 at the half! Yikes.

Apparently, Fresno put in their backups in the 2nd half of the Cal Poly game. I wouldn't read too much into the final score.

That was probably me posting on Net, I couldn't get logged in over here.....But as you can see its working now.....

BTW-As was posted above, it is correct the coach pulled the entire starting O and D for most of the 2nd half......I dont think Cal Poly would have had 100 total yards if we played 4 qtrs. Even in the first half the coaches were running all kinds of different stuff, looking at different backs, tried a 50 yard FG, ran a hook and ladder with an O linemen, (that was highlight material) ran a couple of punts back for TD's........It was a very interesting game....Not sure what you could take from it other then the team Col will be playing played in the first half.....34-0 CP had 40 total O yards....

:bang:

Rouse scored 4 td's and their db had 2. Neither are there anymore. That's a good thing right? :lol:

You ever notice how some people feel like they can rationalize their way to a win? Like, they have some sort of personal effect over the game if they reason it out really well.

Who are the two 1st team DBs that got injured? Are they just nicked or will they be out vs. CU? One of the biggest questions of the week, seeing as how CU is a passing team with a lethal WR. Also, if these DBs are out, then shouldn't we be discussing the 2nd teamers (who you want us to ignore)?

Dude, read my last post here. The only first teamer injured was Riley and he's officially a go this week as confirmed minutes ago by the Fresno State beat writer. Reading comprehension, brah.

You guys are really ignoring Adams. I find that kinda funny.

Last edited:
Dude, read my last post here. The only first teamer injured was Riley and he's officially a go this week as confirmed minutes ago by the Fresno State beat writer. Reading comprehension, brah.

You guys are really ignoring Adams. I find that kinda funny.

What injury information was I supposed to glean from this (your previous post), dudebrah?

http://www.fresnobee...s-bulldogs.html

Think those freshmen will be ready to cover PRich? Maybe PRich will go for 300 yards this Saturday.

excellent-mr-burns.gif

Back