What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fresno State

So, bad defenses (I don't care who you are, 52 points is, umm, bad) go from bad to excellent in two weeks of practice and based on the scale of improvement we can expect FSU's D to not only shut us out, but score 52 defensive points on us. God, why do all the teams we play have zero weaknesses?

So, bad defenses (I don't care who you are, 52 points is, umm, bad) go from bad to excellent in two weeks of practice and based on the scale of improvement we can expect FSU's D to not only shut us out, but score 52 defensive points on us. God, why do all the teams we play have zero weaknesses?
That ^ and in the recent past all the QB's we face looked like Joe Montana... CU has had that knack for a while. Maybe this new staff will stop that trend ?

BTW-They have a D that pitched a shut out last week, it was against an FCS, but a shut out is a shut out.....
Fresno's starting D pitched a shut out in thier time on the field against Cal Poly 34-0, CP never scored against our first teamers.....

I have a question for you. You keep talking about the first half, but why did Carr play the first series in the second half? you know the series right after they scored, did any defensive starters play in the 2nd half.

I have a question for you. You keep talking about the first half, but why did Carr play the first series in the second half? you know the series right after they scored, did any defensive starters play in the 2nd half.
Don't think so.

Actually Carr did play one series in the third I believe they went down and scored ( a few number twos in at that point) then they pulled him, Carr Played I think the final series in the fourth as well.

The Sarting D was out the majority of the second half some of them were in at the end of the fourth and might have played a few snaps in the third....

Not that the CP game really matters, just interesting at how much faster and better tackling the D was in that game.......you got the feeling Deruyter (Being a D guy) was not happy with the RU performance and really got those guy's attention....

Like I said about RU, CP is not Col, I cant imagine a shut out our even limiting the Buffs to just a couple of scores, this will be a pretty high scoring game......

And I think the altitude will make a difference, I lived in the Sierras as a kid and trained at altitude so I know the advantage an acclimated athlete has.....No question there...

The Fresno team appears to be in very good shape so I hope they can hold up.....Especially on the O with our high paced scheme, we ran over 95 plays against RU........I dont see that happening in Col.

hehe. wait. so the Dogs had to put their starters back in the game to save the lead? :rofl:

Darth,
Who said Fresno has no weaknesses? I didn't say we were going from bad to excellent in two weeks. I never said Fresno's D would shut you out.......LOL

I will tell you right Fresno has not ran the ball very well in the first two game's.....

I think our D will be very good as time rolls on, still have a lot to work on, but are getting much better......

I actually think as I have mentioned before this will bea somewhat high scoring game, I doubt very much we see a shut out of either team...

Yeah pretty bad coaching move to clear your bench that early, I realize CP is a triple option team and that they cut block and pose an injury risk on every play but that being said I along with many other fans were kind of scratching our head on that one....

We are not Alabama or LSU, we have a few guys at each position group outside the normal rotation ready to play, after that your down to kids your developing, so when you put them all out there as a unit, its not a true #2, its basicly a few solid guys and then a huge drop off......

That is no different then any Mid major or probably even Col.....

Think about it, If you pulled all your starters last week in the third how would the FCS team done, they had Col's starters in a neck and neck game til the INT bailed the O out....Probably would have been a different out come with the #2's in there for darn near a 1/2....

Last edited:
Darth,
Who said Fresno has no weaknesses? I didn't say we were going from bad to excellent in two weeks. I never said Fresno's D would shut you out.......LOL

I will tell you right Fresno has not ran the ball very well in the first two game's.....

I think our D will be very good as time rolls on, still have a lot to work on, but are getting much better......

I actually think as I have mentioned before this will bea somewhat high scoring game, I doubt very much we see a shut out of either team...

How long before you defense no longer has to be photoshopped?

an unplanned pregnancy

its too late guys. Buff fans have seen through your thinly veiled attempts to hide all of Fresno's glaring weaknesses this year. The game this weekend will probably be really embarassing for Fresno State. They will probably end up getting blown out by Colorado and have to travel back to Fresno in shame. If I were Colorado fan I would be chilling those beverages, and start breaking out those party hats and streamers for this weekends celebration. Colorado has finally arrived and should be feeling pretty good about themselves for beating up a football program with about 1/10 the athletic budget they have and with only a fraction of the resources and facilities, players and advantages they have. Hurray for Colorado!!!!

its too late guys. Buff fans have seen through your thinly veiled attempts to hide all of Fresno's glaring weaknesses this year. The game this weekend will probably be really embarassing for Fresno State. They will probably end up getting blown out by Colorado and have to travel back to Fresno in shame. If I were Colorado fan I would be chilling those beverages, and start breaking out those party hats and streamers for this weekends celebration. Colorado has finally arrived and should be feeling pretty good about themselves for beating up a football program with about 1/10 the athletic budget they have and with only a fraction of the resources and facilities, players and advantages they have. Hurray for Colorado!!!!

Unsure why exactly you quoted the unplanned pregnancy post but I will let it slide.

We are far from confident in beating you all, however the game will be much closer than I think a lot of your fan base thinks it will be. This is not the same Colorado team that you pulverized last year.

You sons of bitches! All of you who can't figure out the Quote function on this site.

Go sit your dumbasses in the corner and we will call you out when needed.

It's not that freaking hard.

See how freaking hard that was? Lord....

Rep, FSU

how did you dog fans fail to mention this from your win??

I mentioned it in numerous posts......I sad "I dont know what you could really learn from the CP game as the coaches were triing all kinds of different things, a 50 yrd. FG att., a hook and ladder, we went down inside the 10 a couple of times and just ran it up the gut with different backs"....this was nothing like what you would see out of the Fresno O, it looked like a scrimmage where the coaches were just toying with differnt ideas.......

The #1 D one the other hand looked like what you would see normally from the Dogs.......But the O, you would have to look at the Rutgers game to get any idea of what the O is like......

Nope as he signed in as eligible, and even if he hadn't he hadn't moved from the LOS until after ball was cought.

Last edited:
I mentioned it in numerous posts......I sad "I dont know what you could really learn from the CP game as the coaches were triing all kinds of different things, a 50 yrd. FG att., a hook and ladder, we went down inside the 10 a couple of times and just ran it up the gut with different backs"....this was nothing like what you would see out of the Fresno O, it looked like a scrimmage where the coaches were just toying with differnt ideas.......

The #1 D one the other hand looked like what you would see normally from the Dogs.......But the O, you would have to look at the Rutgers game to get any idea of what the O is like......
You tricky bastards!

That happens when you play a team with a bunch of 245 -265 lb. DLs (not DEs, DLs!) who are much slower than you are!

What did he censor? My only guess is bite my butt. You can be mean here bulldog. We train on our own.

Sorry bro,
Have a lot of respect for Col, but honestly as much as you have improved....Your not RU (who has a very good O line) and this ins't week one against a team with a new O coord who we know nothing about.....

We watch film too!!!!

I think its going to be a close game, but looking at the RU game is a double edged sword, because our O also put up 52 on a them in a solid manner.....

Uhhhh Buff fans not are the ones on this thread fishing for awe while proclaiming our overwhelming prowess! We took our beat down like a man last year. (mostly ;) Hat tip to the B Dogs.... However, I concede JACK **** to the Bulldogs ahead of the game. We shall see what happens on the field! Win or lose, concede in fear? **** No! Winner gets to sing their song and move on. Leave their mark! On to the next one! I will go with that! Good luck you B Dog lurkers.....

Go Buffs!

I'm not sure why you're coming on our board and being offended and pulling the wounded sarcastic card. We like having opposing visitors and enjoy the discussion. So far your other posters have been pretty solid and furnishing intelligent/semi-intelligent responses.

Why don't you b... me b...!

It was all in good fun/ribbing until the epithets started. You're starting to sound like you have a case of little brother syndrome. What's you're deal? We can dish it and take it from years(last decade) of practice so I don't think you want to head down this road. We are quite good with the sarcasm, kinda what we are known for.

Re the game: It's going to be tough battle. Are weakness is ST and running game. Our strength is our D(at times), passing game, OC gameplan. heart and hustle right now. Our guys are finally playing with some confidence because they actually have coaching for once, aren't being berated for every mistake and don't have to think about every little detail. We'll both make some mistakes. As someone already mentioned turnovers and capitalizing on mistakes will make this game (that sounds like a Madden quote...)

Saying, "our 2nd team was in so those points and stats don't count" is not a very sound argument. Chances are those guys will play as we run an up-tempo offense combined with some Rocky Mountain home field advantage. IMO it also shows a glimpse of coaching ability as the game plan wasn't shifted and adapted to the existing talent on the field. I'm a firm believer that good coaching can trump talent. I'm looking forward to it and I have faith the MCMM will have the team fired up.

PS - Correct use of the quote/multi-quote function. Do it.

Last edited:
Back