What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday CU Buff Bites - Basketball Charges Ahead and Football Recruits are Coming to T

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

More photos » Orlin Wagner - AP

1 day ago: Colorado guard Levi Knutson (24) makes a basket while covered by Kansas State guard Juevol Myles (4) during the first half of an NCAA college basketball game Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011, in Manhattan, Kan. Knutson scored 20 points in the game. Colorado defeated Kansas State 74-66. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

Browse more photos »

Just in time for the football recruits, basketball has turned it way up. Keep it up, Buffs!

colorado_logo.png
Defense, rebounding key to CU - Boulder Daily Camera - In case you were wondering, we were "out of sync" when we beat you, K-State.

The Buffs were out of sync. Colorado committed a season-high 20 turnovers, went 12-for-21 at the free-throw line and scored 10 points under its average. Alec Burks, the reigning Big 12 Player of the Week, finished with 12 points on 4-for-15 shooting. Cory Higgins only took four shots. And Tad Boyle`s team still found a way to upset No. 21 Kansas State on Wednesday night at Bramlage Coliseum.​
colorado_logo.png
Recruiting Update " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair

Rivals and Scout both showing nine visitors this weekend ... but not the same nine.As to eight of the players, there is consensus. Two visitors are already Colorado verbal commits, offensive tackle Marc Mustoe and wide receiver Nelson Spruce. Both services agree that at least three linebacker recruits will be in town: Kellen Jones, Leilon Willingham, and Woodson Greer. There is also consensus as to three defensive backs making trips to Boulder: Kameron Jackson; Rashad Wadood, and Sherrard Harrington.

The ninth visitor, according to Scout.com, is wide receiver Jafus Gaines, a Houston Cougar commit from Houston. Meanwhile Rivals believes that the Buffs’ ninth high school prospect coming is linebacker K.T. Tuumalo, from Hawai’i. Tuumalo is presently a Boise State commit.

If both services are correct, that means there will be ten visitors coming to Boulder … on a weekend with a sold-out men’s basketball game and a pair of sunny days in the 50’s … Go get ‘em, Buffs!

colorado_logo.png
Embree to host 1st group of recruits - Boulder Daily Camera

Colorado football coach Jon Embree and his staff will play host this weekend to the first group of recruits making official visits to check out the program since he was hired last month.Embree is expected to host at least nine prospects this weekend, the first of three consecutive big recruiting weekends that will cap the 2011 recruiting cycle. It`s clear that Embree and his staff have made up significant ground in recruiting over the past five weeks, based on the ratings of the prospects slated to visit. ...

colorado_logo.png
Brooks: Buffs Will Shape Up Under Blacken - CUBuffs.com

"My biggest goal over the next four weeks is to figure out what kind of team we have . . . what type of athlete is at CU: functional strength guys, weight room strength guys, do we have a track team? I don't know yet," Blacken said in his office the other day."Coach Embree knows I'm not going to make a better football player in the weight room, but I'm going to give him a better athlete to play the sport . . . the position coach is going to make the running back better. I'm going to give him a strong athlete to play that position. That's my goal . . . if we can hit the ground running, not miss a beat training in season and out of season and maintain a certain fitness level year round, then at some point the benefits are going to show themselves.

"The athletes here - their response has been positive, they want change, they need change and it's welcomed. Not from the standpoint that the past strength coach didn't do a good job; that wasn't the case at all. I know 'Pit' (former coordinator Jeff Pitman) did a very good job. It's just sometimes, change is good. And the body likes a routine."

"I want them to compete," Blacken said. "I want the O-line to see what the D-line is doing and vice versa. I want everybody to feel like they have to measure up. The same O-line that's going to be opening holes, the same D-line that's going to be closing them . . . they need to know, 'I need to pick it up in here.'

Beating a ranked opponent while giving away 20 turnovers? A new functional conditioning program? Ten 3 and 4 star recruits coming to Boulder to watch us beat Okie State? I say GO BUFFS!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back