What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friday CU Buff Bites - Colorado's officially joined the Pac-12... [On ESPN]

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

The structural changes had already been made weeks ago. The Ralphie logo had already been moved from the Big XII Dashboard to the Pac-12 Dashboard, and Ted Miller had already started writing and linking stories about the Buffs. But now with the leading story up it seems safe to say that blog-ly speaking, CU's moved to the Pac-12, at least on ESPN. I for one like the new conference (and coverage) already, even if I am still in Texas.

colorado_logo.png
Getting to know Colorado - Pac-10 Blog - ESPN

Colorado is new to the Pac-12 but old to the Big 12, so it makes sense to check in with Big 12 blogger David Ubben to get his take on the state of the Buffaloes as they welcome new coach Jon Embree. Just who are these Buffaloes? What are their strengths and weaknesses and how will they fit into the Pac-12, specifically the Pac-12 South?​
colorado_logo.png
Love and player rankings - Pac-10 Blog - ESPN - Didn't I mention? There's homework on this Pac-12 blog that we're a part of.

Yes, there is homework with the Pac-12 blog. You have two assignments. Get out your pencil and write this down...2. Valentines Day is Monday. And there was much rejoicing (if you work for Hallmark). But we know you love your team and the spanking new Pac-12! So we want to know why. Utah and Colorado fans, we particularly need to know why you love your teams because we don't know you that well (though we do hear you have great personalities). What makes your team special? Why do you keep showing up and caring, even if they are losing? Or, if your team is winning, why are you just so much freaking better than every one else? And what's best about Pac-12 football? Whatever it is you love about your team or you conference, we want to hear your thoughts. Again, send your thoughts here. Whoever provides the best responses will win $1 million from my boss, Darth Duffey. Maybe. And you'll be responsible for collecting your prize here.

colorado_logo.png
Spring Practice Update " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair

Spring practice dates ... Four on injury list out ... Two linebackers make position changes ... To date, only two players are known to be switching positions this fall, as senior linebackers Tyler Ahles and Evan Harrington are going to spend their senior seasons on the other side of the ball, giving Colorado a new pair of fullbacks in the lineup.​
Have you had enough of football recruiting yet? Well too bad, because CUatthegame is profiling the top in-state Colorado recruits for 2012... Also, that Tyler Hansen guy would like a word with you. All after the jump.

colorado_logo.png
Colorado Hosts Texas Tech In Pink Zone Game Saturday - CUBuffs.com - We have a Basketball double-header this weekend, replete with pink shoelaces.

CU will host Texas Tech Saturday at 4 p.m. in the annual Pink Zone game to raise awareness in the fight against breast cancer. Fans are encouraged to wear pink, and those that do can purchase GA tickets for $1. The first 400 fans will also receive a pair of pink Crocs. Join the CU, Texas Tech and the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) in the fight against breast cancer in the annual Pink Zone game Saturday.​
colorado_logo.png
Recruiting Update " CU At the Game - A CU Football blog by Stuart Whitehair

The Colorado Prep Class of 2012 While there will be much said and written about Cyler Miles in the next twelve months, there are a number of other names with which you will become familiar in the next year. Jeff Stroud of PrepColorado.com has come up with a list of those players whom he believes will be receiving the most national attention:​
colorado_logo.png
Skiers Post Six Top 10 Finishes In RMISA GS Qualifier - CUBuffs.com - Official Athletics Web site of the University of Colorado

The ski team fared well Thursday in the second RMISA Alpine Qualifier, with Buffalo skiers racking up six top 10 finishes in the giant slalom, three apiece on the men's and women's side.​
colorado_logo.png
CU Buff Tyler Hansen prepares for competition - Buffzone

Tyler Hansen's college football career hasn't exactly gone as planned, but there is still time and opportunity left for creating plenty of great memories and leaving Colorado a winner.He is taking the first steps toward that goal now in the winter conditioning program and in seven-on-seven practices with his teammates. The next big step, maybe the biggest challenge of all, arrives a month from today when spring football practices begin for the Buffs.

Hansen carries a simple philosophy about facing competition for the starting job. "It's nothing new," he said.

He has spent the past three years competing with former Buff Cody Hawkins...

...He is more concerned with learning the system coach Jon Embree, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy and passing game coordinator J.D. Brookhart put in place, as well as learning from a third quarterbacks coach, Rip Scherer, during his four years in Boulder. "I like it actually," Hansen said. "Different opinions will make you better. The more opinions the better. I think the different techniques to coaching help.

Hansen said he has started to learn the offense in recent weeks, but the coaches are still refining the playbook and he and other players won't truly be able to sink their teeth into it until they get on the field in March and April. Hansen said while he already knows there will be significant differences to what he was asked to do last year under Hawkins and Kiesau, the differences aren't a big concern.

"I've done a lot of things." Hansen said. "I've done the zone reads, I've played in a pro-style offense. I've been under center. I've done hard play action. I've done all those things. I'm not really worried about that."

Go Buffs!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back