What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Friendly reminder: you can't out-recruit Kentucky

skibum

Thou shalt not groom Mary Jane
Club Member
Read the whole article for more context, but basically another coach accused Calipari of cheating. They run into each other at a conference.

Money quote:
I know what you’ve been saying... I want you to understand one thing: yes I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do... nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.

I ****ing love that. Never apologize for being the alpha. Revel in it.

He knows it and he can do it any ****ing time he wants. That is pure alpha and wish we had that capability in any one sport.

I ****ing love that. Never apologize for being the alpha. Revel in it.

??? I understand and accept alpha dog demeanor in the heat of competition, and it is more understandable coming from younger people. This is pathetic coming from a old man, not playing a game, but talking to another coach. Integrity and class are undervalued traits that a coach, as leaders of young men, should have.

**** coach cal...never been a fan of his, and this quote is a great example why. Tony Kornheiser on PTI praised this quote, saying he is like a gangster like Don Corleone. I get confidence, but this is more douchebaggery.

And fwiw...Cal has lost out on recruits. You will never see Izzo or K ever act like this asshat.

??? I understand and accept alpha dog demeanor in the heat of competition, and it is more understandable coming from younger people. This is pathetic coming from a old man, not playing a game, but talking to another coach. Integrity and class are undervalued traits that a coach, as leaders of young men, should have.

**** coach cal...never been a fan of his, and this quote is a great example why. Tony Kornheiser on PTI praised this quote, saying he is like a gangster like Don Corleone. I get confidence, but this is more douchebaggery.

And fwiw...Cal has lost out on recruits. You will never see Izzo or K ever act like this asshat.

Integrity and class? The other coach accused him of being a cheat because he was getting his ass handed to him on the recruiting trail and on the court.

If someone insults my integrity and doesn't have the class to do it to my face, I'd come down like a mother****er and I'm glad to see Cal do exactly that. He's precisely the type of guy I want to work for or with.

Integrity and class? The other coach accused him of being a cheat because he was getting his ass handed to him on the recruiting trail and on the court.

If someone insults my integrity and doesn't have the class to do it to my face, I'd come down like a mother****er and I'm glad to see Cal do exactly that. He's precisely the type of guy I want to work for or with.
ding, ding, ding, ding, ding

Don't whisper rumors about another person behind their back. If you have an issue with someone, discuss it directly with them, like a [strike]someone who's 40[/strike] man.

Two coaches in the story. One spread rumors about another one. One took his issue directly to the other coach. One of the two has integrity. I'll let you guess which one I think it is.

Integrity and class? The other coach accused him of being a cheat because he was getting his *** handed to him on the recruiting trail and on the court.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he never talks **** about other coaches behind their backs, because, you know, he's classy that way. He's proven his "integrity" several times, has he not?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he never talks **** about other coaches behind their backs, because, you know, he's classy that way. He's proven his "integrity" several times, has he not?

Spot on DBT. Trying to make Calipari into this honorable competitor who just succeeds because he's the alpha is ridiculous. The guy is the dirtiest and slimiest element of college b-ball and then has the balls to be arrogant about it.

Spot on DBT. Trying to make Calipari into this honorable competitor who just succeeds because he's the alpha is ridiculous. The guy is the dirtiest and slimiest element of college b-ball and then has the balls to be arrogant about it.

Much rather deal with a snake that knows he's a snake than a snake that thinks he's a precious flower.

I don't think he's like that. It's hard to imagine Tad being friends with him all these years if that's what Cal is like. He's definitely a fast talker and he definitely bent some rules coming up, but I actually think he's less dirty than the average these days.

Sounds like Calipari has low self esteem and the remarks hit close to home for him. A lion doesn't give a **** what an ant says.

And the people defending Calipari are strange to me. I guess Joffrey probably would have some supporters too.

I don't think he's like that. It's hard to imagine Tad being friends with him all these years if that's what Cal is like. He's definitely a fast talker and he definitely bent some rules coming up, but I actually think he's less dirty than the average these days.

"If" Cal is less dirty than average then it is only because with all the success they have had he doesn't have to be. With the number of #1 draft picks he has had recently the kids who are legit one and done flock to him. He is smart enough to know that if he doesn't have to cheat to get kids he's best off not taking the risk because he has a target on his back.

Before the got the train rolling he was as dirty as anybody in the game. If things slid back and he needed to do something "extra" to stay at the the top he wouldn't hesitate for a second to go back to full time cheating.

Ask Umass and Memphis AD's if they agree with you.

Dude has always bugged me. Yes he can recruit. Who the the **** couldn't recruit to Kentucky though? He's still dirty, always has been. I never forget the post game with him and Don Cheaney that time, too funny.

Dude has always bugged me. Yes he can recruit. Who the the **** couldn't recruit to Kentucky though? He's still dirty, always has been. I never forget the post game with him and Don Cheaney that time, too funny.

Billy Gillispie would be one that I can think of

Back