What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

From Stewart Mandel's column today (CU coaching related)

Sportsfan101

I thought this was interesting re: Kevin Sumlin at the University of Houston (read the article-it's pretty good):

"Most important, however, is the question of how long the school will be able to keep Sumlin. His name has already surfaced as a replacement for struggling Colorado coach Dan Hawkins. Sumlin signed an extension last winter through the 2013 season (with a reported annual salary of $700,000), but if Houston has a big season, his stock will continue to rise.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...el/09/24/houston-cougars/1.html#ixzz0S3VSc8QJ

Yeah I think he is probably out of CU's league already.

If Houston beats Tech this weekend he'll be this year's hot commodity head coach

Even if he has success again this year, I think he will have to prove himself again at least 1 more year before the bigger schools give him a shot.

But would he play walk-on WRs instead of the WRs on scholarship?
ya, but he wouldn't use our RBs enough. He runs a variation of the air raid. There is a lot more running, but still, passing based offense.

As long as the offense puts up points, I'm sure any CU fan would be :smile2:
trooo.. I love his recruiting... hell he is doing amazing work at houston... HOUSTON... but whatever scores... I just wish he had another year. (See: Turner Gill and Buffalo's current spiral)

Back