What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

From the crazy file of things that will never happen

Let me think of some crazy thing...

Cody Hawkins leads the Buffs to a 14-0 record and the National Championship. Hawkins throws for over 4,000 yards and the NFL comes calling despite his size. The Buffs have an upgrade via subtraction and go on to repeat with Clark Evans as the QB (and second coming of Tim Tebow!) :saythat:

Depends on if his new house is paid off, or if he has a big ole loan on it, IMO.

The new house he just built is 35,000 sf. Figure $550-600 psf for building costs, and that's roughly $20 million before you factor in land costs, architect's fees, furniture, landscaping, designers, etc. He's into that house for $25-30 million. And he still owns his old house, too (the one on the market for $17mm)

His financial situation might dictate that he needs to make $5 million plus just to make ends meet.

Or he might have no debt and be in a completely different situation. But I could see a situation where he would need to work to make the big bucks.

No way in hell should any house cost $600/SF to build. Especially with bigger places where the cost per square foot typically goes down, rather than up. I've done a fair share of construction lending, and the most expensive place I've ever done came in at around $275/SF.

But your comment about his debt level is totally valid. I have no idea how much debt he has or what he has to service.

No way in hell should any house cost $600/SF to build. Especially with bigger places where the cost per square foot typically goes down, rather than up. I've done a fair share of construction lending, and the most expensive place I've ever done came in at around $275/SF.

Trust me, sacky. It costs that much (or more, depending on finishes) to build a really high-end custom home. I have quite a bit of first-hand experience with it. Custom millwork, solid mahogany windows and doors, slate roofs, copper gutters, etc. It adds up fast.

Harrison Custom Homes is quoting people $600-800 psf to build a home right now. And that's just for the house itself. That does not include landscaping, architect's fees, designer's fees, furniture, etc.

Last edited:
Trust me, sacky. It costs that much (or more, depending on finishes) to build a really high-end custom home. I have quite a bit of first-hand experience with it. Custom millwork, solid mahogany windows and doors, slate roofs, copper gutters, etc. It adds up fast.

Harrison Custom Homes is quoting people $600-800 psf to build a home right now. And that's just for the house itself. That does not include landscaping, architect's fees, designer's fees, furniture, etc.

What are they building this stuff with? Marble floors, gold toilets, solid silver mirrors?

That's redonkulus.

It is redonkulus, but that's what it costs. Custom millwork is really expensive for the high end stuff. Same goes for stonework on the exterior of the house. Slate roofs (real slate) are ridiculous, too. And the A/V/home automation systems can easily run $500k or more.

And then don't forget that you need a pool and pool house for entertaining, and it all adds up really fast.

I have yet to see a gold toilet or silver mirror, but I have seen some marble floors.:thumbsup:

Funny nobody else sees recruits "loving those guys" enough to actually HIRE them! As with GB, an AD's actions speak volumes!

You think Gruden isn't coaching right now because no one wants him?? I'm sure there were plenty of ADs giving him a call in the offseason, but I think he's holding out for a big time job (ND maybe?)

Not as sure about Mariuccis situation, but I thought he would have landed at Mich St with his buddy Izzo.

From what I've read and heard, there is no for sale sign in front of Shanny's house. My nieghbor sell's for re-max and told me a couple of months ago it's not listed with any agency.

From what I've read and heard, there is no for sale sign in front of Shanny's house. My nieghbor sell's for re-max and told me a couple of months ago it's not listed with any agency.

Maybe your friend doesn't know where Shanahan's house is. I drive by it every day and it is listed with Kentwood. I have been told that the $17 million number is correct.

Maybe your friend doesn't know where Shanahan's house is. I drive by it every day and it is listed with Kentwood. I have been told that the $17 million number is correct.

Wasn't Had to find...here is the listing.

http://denver-tech-center.denverrea...Y_HILLS_PARK_DR_CHERRY_HILLS_VILLAGE_CO_80113

What are you doing in there every day? It's not in a location one would just drive by. Gated entry and all that...

Shanny's biggest problem when he was the HC in Denver wasn't necessarily game-day coaching. When he set his mind to preparation for an opponent, he was usually pretty good. His problem was drafting and personnel decisions.

He could recruit on name recognition alone for a few years. If he didn't get any success, that name recognition would start to work against him. I don't think he'd be a failure at the college level, though.

Again, he won't make the move until his sweetheart deal with Bowlen runs out. At that point, assuming he's sold his house, he'll be a very wealthy man regardless. He won't need to make $7MM/Yr. I suspect he'd be perfectly satisfied making 1/4 of that so long as he's in a spot where he feels comfortable.

He can take a job but the salary from the job goes against the Broncos contract. For example, if he takes a job for $2 million a year than the Broncos only have to pay him $5 million. The kicker for Shanahan is that he does not make any more if he works or not if the job pays less than what he makes with the Broncos- which allows him to be very picky about the job he takes.

I don't think he would have much interest in CU. If he went the college route he would only go somewhere that he thought he could compete for the MNC easily. I expect him to end up in Dallas, Jerry Jones will pay him $8 million.

Who's house are you working on/in? :smile2: You working on his new one?

No I am not working on Shanny's house. I don't do construction except to hire a contractor when my wife tells me to get something fixed. I am working with someone in that area on a project.

No I am not working on Shanny's house. I don't do construction except to hire a contractor when my wife tells me to get something fixed. I am working with someone in that area on a project.

So the answer would be 'in', not 'on'.

:lol:

I'm just busting your balls, although now I'm dying to know which house it is. Is it on the inside of the loop or the outside?

When it comes to local celeb's homes for sale, she's been pretty right on in the past. ala, Cutler, Elway, Forsburg, Walker, etc. Her agency had Carmelo's Anthoney's house listed. Or so she tells me. You can bet I'm going to ask her to look into it.

Back