1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the ridiculous to the sublime

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Aug 26, 2009.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This whole deal with Andre Simmons is unbelievable. I'm numb to it now. Hawk and his one word responses to questions regarding Simmons' situation is getting tiresome. The on again, off again nature of what we're being told is painfully unprofessional.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Some day we'll look back and laugh. :bang:

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Come on! In these days of You Tube, the Internet, and media scrutiny, guys in the public eye, like Hawkins, have to be really careful. They are being "trained" to keep their mouths shut. I mean, for example, look at Hawk's "this ain't intermurals" quote and how it got blown out of context. I doubt if Hawk had to deal with this **** at Boise State. Simmon's thing was a private and personal matter to the kid. You can't open your mouth if you are in Hawk's position.

4. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

What "on agin, off agin" are yer talking about ??? The press has been reporting on this "saga" based upon their searching for rumors, as is their wont! The AthDpt has been consistent,: "He's been admitted, and will practice when his eligibilty is confirmed."

Can you spell "en-see-double-a" , as the reason for all this BS? (hat tip to Bob for speling lessuns) That's hardly a reflection on the professionalism of the AthDpt!

Jus cuz yer panties are in a twisted knot, that don't make it unprofessional!

5. sackman

He can tell us what the hold up is. He doesn't have to go into detail. But we don't even know what, exactly, is the hold up here. By all accounts, the JuCo sent in the transcripts, they were accepted by CU admissions, and the NCAA signed off on the transfer weeks ago. So what's the issue now? They're running out of excuses. The ICC hasn't been closed for three weeks. :rolleyes:

6. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

We need some sheeps fans to come so we can stop this buff on buff violence

7. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

I'm all for supporting Hawkins right now, but man you give a new definition to the phrase 'sunshine pumper.'

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Maybe, but there may also be some privacy issues involved. Plus, Hawk hates the internet. The ****er! :lol:

9. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

TH AD and coaches have all been consistent. After the inital delay, the AD said this:

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]But director of academics Kris Livingston said CU not having the transcript from his junior college is not the issue keeping Simmons sidelined. She could not discuss the matter further, citing Simmons' FERPA rights."[/FONT]

Sounds to me like the AD and coaches CAN'T give more info. SO start yelling at the NCAA, as this is clearly not a CU issue since he's admitted to school and has enrolled and begun classes.

10. sackman

Are you serious? What "on again, off again" am I talking about? Have you been paying attention?

If this is an NCAA issue, then the thing to do is for Plati to come out and say so. It's not hard. It would go something like this: "We're waiting for final clearance from the NCAA on this issue, there will be no further comment until then".

How hard is that? It's not hard at all. That's where the lack of professionalism is coming into play. WTF are they doing up there? As far as I can tell, all they're doing is jacking around a kid and stringing along their fan base.

11. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

You only get strung along if you allow it.

As the AD's office has stated and others here have reported, it appears to be a FERPA issue, meaning personal info of some nature.

Super bureaucrat-speak, I know, but once FERPA, you'd best leave it at that and keep your mouth shut.

12. sackman

:lol:

So you're saying I should take the high road? That's tough. I'm not good at that.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

**** the high road. DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooom.

14. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

$20 bucks says this thing works out well... for Andre, the Buffs and the fans. Prolly hoy; if not by end'o'week.

And Kamel remains a douche.

15. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Not a great haiku but I like it!

16. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I feel bad for this kid, we've all been waiting on him like he's the answer to all our problems on offense. Think of the pressure he must feel by now with all the attention on him.

I hope he ends up with 1300 yards this season so we all don't look like idots for hanging on every single update to this lame saga.

17. sackman

Coach Kiseau himself has said "we need Simmons", so we're not the only ones who are pinning a lot of our hopes on him playing well this year. Our WR corps is much better with him than it is without him. Without him, teams will be double teaming Simas all day. While that might help McKnight and the running game it will get Simas beat to hell and will severely limit our effectiveness passing the ball.

We need him to play. Maybe not against CSU, but definitely before the conference games start.

18. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

yes! Another Simmons thread!! We just might set a record for total threads on one subject with this!!!!:thumbsup:

19. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Given how goofy the NCAA rules are, it is unclear what Hawk can tell us and what he cannot. I agree with the others here who point out that the insanity and inconsistent reporting is from the media and people with "inside sources". The athletic department and coach Hawkins have been very consistent. You may not like that consistent means not much information but that's different.

20. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I think the ncaa needs a complete overhaul. We need fresh ideas and the bcs lovers thrown out. The blue-hairs are out of touch and so are some of these rules.

21. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

:yeahthat: But, Im still not in favor of a play-off, unless the NC-friggin' AA decides to enforce the rules against U$C, OU, UGA, tehOSU, F$U and all other known recruiting felons. THEN, we might see some different teams in the hunt!

22. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

:lol::yeahthat:

23. LilBunky

LilBunky Guest

:deadhorse:

24. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Does or doesn't Simmons qualify in the NCAA's view? It seems like a fairly academic question. Step 1. Obtain transcrips. Step 2. Count credits. Step 3. Deduct for failing grades.

The CU Admission depart figured this out and Simmons is now enrolled.

Why the NCAA hasn't remains a mystery. Are they understaffed? Are there politics involved? Either way, this situation is dysfunctional.

And as we've seen with ICC, CU fans don't know who to call or fax.

25. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

it is going to be fine, i think. i have no inside info on this, but think about it... CU has always been its own worst enemy on admissions stuff. if he is in school, that means CU has at least gotten out of its own way in this instance. i bet they are just being extra careful and dealing with the last administrative pieces.

26. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

In the big picture, it should be fine. For the CSU and Toledo games, the situation could be better. Poor Andre had been through the short term ringer.

27. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I totally agree that we need all the help we can get at WR right now, and it's not just fans clammoring for him to play.

I'm just thinking this has to be hard from his point of view to have such a circus surrounding him right now - lot of pressure for a newcomer who hasn't even practiced yet. I hope he has a huge year like everyone else.

Multiple threads with hundreds of posts on this site alone, daily news articles, calls to his former school - lot of pressure for a young kid. Where are the daily Josh Moten updates??

28. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

It's a NCAA conspiracy against CU!!!

29. Tadploe

Tadploe Member Club Member

Those FERPA boy's are some bad ass mofo's. :gun:

30. BuffNut

BuffNut New Member

So your saying they are jacking around Simmons?? the Coaching staff? your right, thier desire to be pricks outweighs thier desire to get thier most important recruit practiving asap. This entitlement the "fan base" feels to know everythig is what is tiresome.