What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fUCLA at USC

The only problem I had (and I don't care much about it anyway) was the way they reacted and celebrated after the touchdown. They were laughing and jeering and jumping around on their sideline obviously fishing for a reaction from the UCLA players. If Slick Rick wants to call TOs when you are kneeling, go ahead and teach him a lesson, but after you score, just get back to the sideline and get your kicking team ready. No need to shove it in their face any more than scoring already did.

You DO know this is a big cross town rivalry, right?

The (very boring) game was over when Rick called a TO...stupid. The crowd booed...then came the bomb in Ricks gut!

The UCLA players got pissed and cleared the sidelines to go on the field..SC players were jumping up and down on their sidelines...the crowd was ROARING...."WE ARE, SC! WE ARE, SC!" Finally they got most of the players off the field and brought the two captains back out..things settled down and then the game was re-started. After it was over, the players mingled on the field...nothing bad happened. AND the fans DID NOT rush the field.

Petros Papadakis, announcer and former SC fullback said..."bad blood has been drawn."

Loved it. :thumbsup:

You DO know this is a big cross town rivalry, right?

The (very boring) game was over when Rick called a TO...stupid. The crowd booed...then came the bomb in Ricks gut!

The UCLA players got pissed and cleared the sidelines to go on the field..SC players were jumping up and down on their sidelines...the crowd was ROARING...."WE ARE, SC! WE ARE, SC!" Finally they got most of the players off the field and brought the two captains back out..things settled down and then the game was re-started. After it was over, the players mingled on the field...nothing bad happened. AND the fans DID NOT rush the field.

Petros Papadakis, announcer and former SC fullback said..."bad blood has been drawn."

Loved it. :thumbsup:

I had no idea this was a cross-town rivalry. Now knowing that it is, my earlier response and reaction does not change.

I had no idea this was a cross-town rivalry. Now knowing that it is, my earlier response and reaction does not change.

The two campuses are not very far from each other. It'd be like DU or CSU playing in the Big 12. Lots of hate. :smile2:

The two campuses are not very far from each other. It'd be like DU or CSU playing in the Big 12. Lots of hate. :smile2:

I should have noted my sarcasm. I think a Duke/North Carolina may be a better comparison.

[video=youtube;hVpyI6eWvwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVpyI6eWvwQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The only problem I had (and I don't care much about it anyway) was the way they reacted and celebrated after the touchdown. They were laughing and jeering and jumping around on their sideline obviously fishing for a reaction from the UCLA players. If Slick Rick wants to call TOs when you are kneeling, go ahead and teach him a lesson, but after you score, just get back to the sideline and get your kicking team ready. No need to shove it in their face any more than scoring already did.

The SC players were jumping up and down on their own sideline. UCLA is the team that came out to midfield.

I imagine the SC kids are all rich kids and UCLA is more middle class which may keep the rivalry acitve. Caroll really put it to slick Rick. I like it, I like it alot!

I imagine the SC kids are all rich kids and UCLA is more middle class which may keep the rivalry acitve. Caroll really put it to slick Rick. I like it, I like it alot!

I wouldn't exactly classify UCLA students as middle class in the CSU sense. Lots of rich kids at UCLA too.

For anyone not familiar with SoCal, UCLA is on Sunset Blvd. just west of Beverly Hills. It is a VERY exclusive area and that place is the most private-feeling public school I've ever seen.

I have no problem with the way things went down in the end. Neweasel deserves anything embarrassing that comes his way. I have a business contact who used to live in Seattle and they feel the same way about Skippy, even use the same names for him.

For what it's worth I like SC :devil: and Carroll too. Even with the allegations of cheating I'd swap coaches. players and records with them any day of the year.

They win.....They are fun too watch....Carroll has open practices and is great with the media....He makes a meaningful contribution to the community too. They lost what nine starters on defense from last year. They've lost how many assistant coaches over the last few years. They endured their worst year in a long time and are still 8-3 (kudos to Leash, I think he picked at least three losses for them this year)

A big decadent program that cheats?? Don't kid yourself they ALL cheat. I'd still take Carroll and his brand of football over Hawkins and his any day. Any day.

I have no problem with the way things went down in the end. Neweasel deserves anything embarrassing that comes his way. I have a business contact who used to live in Seattle and they feel the same way about Skippy, even use the same names for him.

For what it's worth I like SC :devil: and Carroll too. Even with the allegations of cheating I'd swap coaches. players and records with them any day of the year.

They win.....They are fun too watch....Carroll has open practices and is great with the media....He makes a meaningful contribution to the community too. They lost what nine starters on defense from last year. They've lost how many assistant coaches over the last few years. They endured their worst year in a long time and are still 8-3 (kudos to Leash, I think he picked at least three losses for them this year)

A big decadent program that cheats?? Don't kid yourself they ALL cheat. I'd still take Carroll and his brand of football over Hawkins and his any day. Any day.

There was an absolutely great story on this past GameDay where the USC team has embraced a young kid who is going blind and recently needed surgery. They've give him all sorts of access to the program and I recall seeing him on the sideline in South Bend. He's practically become part of the team.

Mr Rick is not popular in the northwest because of his UW deal. He has about 47 states left to do his thang.

Mr Rick is not popular in the northwest because of his UW deal. He has about 47 states left to do his thang.

my old roommate from when i lived in DC was here for a visit this weekend with his wife. he is a UW grad and thus we both share a hatred for RN and took great pleasure in watching PC/USC punk his ass. great pleasure.

i have no problem with what PC/USC did.

You call time outs when we're trying to end the game? Ok, fine, let's keep playing. Very simple. You asked for it. You got it. No big deal. It's just a game. PC did nothing wrong.

my old roommate from when i lived in DC was here for a visit this weekend with his wife. he is a UW grad and thus we both share a hatred for RN and took great pleasure in watching PC/USC punk his ass. great pleasure.

i have no problem with what PC/USC did.

:lol::lol::lol:

End of the game was pretty interesting. The teams use the same exit/tunnel out of the stadium, so the $c coaches pulled their players in the opposite direction while fucla exited the field. This might have been by agreement or by direction of the refs when the captains met a mid-field after the near-melee. There were a few bruin players who went over to shake hands or offer congrats to friends on the $c team. Not many, tho.

End of the game was pretty interesting. The teams use the same exit/tunnel out of the stadium, so the $c coaches pulled their players in the opposite direction while fucla exited the field. This might have been by agreement or by direction of the refs when the captains met a mid-field after the near-melee. There were a few bruin players who went over to shake hands or offer congrats to friends on the $c team. Not many, tho.
A lot of those kids know each other so I doubt there is too much lingering bad blood at the individual player level.

Back