1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny article on Duke football

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Judge: Duke football indeed stinks

For once, Duke was so bad on the football field that it won.

The News & Observer reported that the school avoided paying the University of Louisville $450,000 for opting out of three football games. Duke lawyers essentially had argued that the Blue Devils were so bad any Division I team could have replaced them on the Cardinals' schedule.

Louisville's breach of contract suit, filed in Franklin County (Ky.) Circuit Court, was dismissed by Judge Phillip J. Shepherd on Thursday. The contract had called for a penalty of $150,000 per game to be assessed if a date with a "team of similar stature" could not be scheduled in the event of a cancellation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/rumors/post/Judge-Duke-football-stinks?urn=ncaaf,89496

2. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Holy lord that's hilarious! :lol:

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

haha is that a legal ruling i mean really... is there any legal standing for that

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Well that ought ot help recruiting. The fact is Duke sucks as a matter of law. I'm sure no Duke FB recruit will hear that....

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea I saw this other day and thought it was pretty funny. That's the way to use your own ineptitude in your favor.

6. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

:smile2::lol:

...let's go devils...whatever...**** the football program. It's all about the buffs in terms of cfb.