What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Funny story from today...

I heard that segment last night. It made me so angry I had trouble sleeping. It bothered me from so many angles (here are a few):

1) McGee was a household name when he played. If this coach was at least 10 years old he should remember him (assuming he followed college football just a little bit).
2) Did anyone do due diligence up there? If you are visiting any high school coach aren't you going to do some research on the guy a bit before you go?
3) You coach at CU and you don't know a CU legend.

The absolute disaster Talkins ended up being is just astounding. I know it is time to move on, but hearing stories like this get me really upset.

If it was Bandison it is just as bad.

A) If the guy is our D-line coach then there is no excuse to not know about a former all-American defensive player who was a second round NFL draft choice and played DL in the league.

B) If a head coach sends somebody out on the road to recruit he should have an awareness of where the guy is going, who he is seeing, and assure that the guy is prepared for the visit. Knowing who the high school coach is and a little bit about him would be a logical part of this preparation, especially if the HS coach happens to be an alum. Recruiting is selling, simply put. Quality salespeople regardless of what they are selling know their customers or they don't make very good salespeople. This applies for plastic fasteners, cleaning products, office supplies, or college recruiting.

Either way Hawkins ends up looking bad. Is it any wonder that what he was trying to do at CU didn't work.

This takes Bandison being a "lazy" recruiter to a whole new level. How do you not do a little 5 minute google search on the coach/recruit/place you're flying to and visiting? Surely there are pictures of McGee posted all over Dal Ward? It had to click when they met and the guy is like, "Hey, I'm Kanavis McGee." Between this goober and Denver Johnson, I can see why our Texas recruiting left a little to be desired these last few years.

I heard that segment last night. It made me so angry I had trouble sleeping. It bothered me from so many angles (here are a few):

1) McGee was a household name when he played. If this coach was at least 10 years old he should remember him (assuming he followed college football just a little bit).
2) Did anyone do due diligence up there? If you are visiting any high school coach aren't you going to do some research on the guy a bit before you go?

The absolute disaster Talkins ended up being is just astounding. I know it is time to move on, but hearing stories like this get me really upset.

I'm convinced DII was here to put the Buff in Buffoon...

Agreed. And stories like this make me believe he may have wanted to succeed but he wasn't trying to succeed.

Is that sort of like don't try to win, just be a winner. Or is it more like being the bow? One thing I will miss about D II is his ability to blather inanities at the drop of Russet potato....

This takes Bandison being a "lazy" recruiter to a whole new level. How do you not do a little 5 minute google search on the coach/recruit/place you're flying to and visiting? Surely there are pictures of McGee posted all over Dal Ward? It had to click when they met and the guy is like, "Hey, I'm Kanavis McGee." Between this goober and Denver Johnson, I can see why our Texas recruiting left a little to be desired these last few years.

Sounds crazy, but actually at the coachs offices inside Dal Ward, there are no pictures of Buffalo, Helmets, NC Ring, EX Players, there really is just "artwork" on the walls of the coaches offices. HOPEFULLY this get changed. AND I would think it would.

story demonstrates the rare, seemingly impossible combination of arrogance and incompetence that repeatedly typified the Hawkins era staff.

Is that sort of like don't try to win, just be a winner. Or is it more like being the bow? One thing I will miss about D II is his ability to blather inanities at the drop of Russet potato....

Like the difference between hearing Jimi and listening to Jimi.

[video=youtube;c3YfAu2dIV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3YfAu2dIV4[/video]

If it was Bandison it is just as bad.

A) If the guy is our D-line coach then there is no excuse to not know about a former all-American defensive player who was a second round NFL draft choice and played DL in the league.

B) If a head coach sends somebody out on the road to recruit he should have an awareness of where the guy is going, who he is seeing, and assure that the guy is prepared for the visit. Knowing who the high school coach is and a little bit about him would be a logical part of this preparation, especially if the HS coach happens to be an alum. Recruiting is selling, simply put. Quality salespeople regardless of what they are selling know their customers or they don't make very good salespeople. This applies for plastic fasteners, cleaning products, office supplies, or college recruiting.

Either way Hawkins ends up looking bad. Is it any wonder that what he was trying to do at CU didn't work.

You guys are missing the point. They should have found out who in the Buff family tree has any ties to any high school and targeted them. Whether they are a coach...know a coach...have a kid in school..whatever. Seek them out and hope they can help.

4 pages on a story thread and no burrito mentions? Shame on you all...

WTF ? Pipe it down rook and realize this is a thread of hate and disgust on how the previous staff ****ed up and abused traditions and lacked knowledge and abused "US" and our beloved Buffs. BTW I am just busting balls kinda.

Good point. Let us rephrase the important parts of this alleged "funny story."
Did the coach in question arrive at the high school coach's office with a burrito? Did he inquire about the proximity and quality of burrito establishments in the immediate area? Did he surrepticiously drop a few "2 for 1" burrito coupons in the gym? Did he mention to the recruit that Boulder has two convenient Chipotle restaurants and two Qdobas?
And so begins the saga of Burrito-gate.

I believe you'd get your ass kicked saying something like that, man.

lawrence-office-space.jpg

Good point. Let us rephrase the important parts of this alleged "funny story."
Did the coach in question arrive at the high school coach's office with a burrito? Did he inquire about the proximity and quality of burrito establishments in the immediate area? Did he surrepticiously drop a few "2 for 1" burrito coupons in the gym? Did he mention to the recruit that Boulder has two convenient Chipotle restaurants and two Qdobas?
And so begins the saga of Burrito-gate.

You've got to give Illegal Pete's some love :thumbsup:

menuonefifth.gif

Back