Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by UrbanaBuff, Nov 5, 2010.
This is the funniest thing ever.
Doesn't really start getting good 'til page 5. But damn is it good.
That. is. Funny.
"I for one welcome our giant Chinese UT athlete statue overlords."
golf course, bear, colt, girl.......ffffin epic (pg 7)
The big Bevo statue has been the ugliest thing in Austin for several years. Now these? Looks like I have some work to do this weekend, better borrow the sledgehammer from my office....
OMG OMG OMG
I can't stop laughing at the first photoshop in there.
Holy ****, best laugh I've had in a loooooong time.
HOLY ****! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. That is HILARIOUS!!
The Vince Young statue (especially his expression) might be the funniest thing ever.
that thread attracted some quality farkers.
One of the best laughs Ive had in a long time, thanks short horns.
That message board is a straight crackhouse fraternity. So much for being representative of the whole fanbase (i.e. students, young alums, old farts), like many messageboards (not AllBuffs though). And for being a reputable board nationally, there were only about two dozen users posting over and over.
Holy ****ing ****!!!
GOP is off the charts.
OMG! I just laughed so hard Fruity Pebbles just shot onto my computer screen. :rofl:
LSU FREEK is the best. Funniest threads ever!
Thanks Wally for the bump. I had last been on page 13, so spent another hour or two catching up...
Crazy funny stuff.
Page 13? It starts getting crazy good on about page 20. Oh, and that Aha Video/Scary Golfer Guy/Family Guy synthesis was beyond fantastic.
Yeah, I know, it got really good later.
I'd like to make a contribution to the thread but haven't come up with an ideas worthy of shaggy bevo so far. Ideas?
I don't think it's a "Glee" type of crowd...
But the best photoshops/gifs on this thread, in my opinion, incorporate a couple of different themes:
1. Race. The race imagery is so interesting here, because the Chinese view of what black Americans look like mirrors so closely offensive stereotypes from our own history. It's a chance to make fun of those stereotypes in both our historic selves, but also in contemporary Chinese culture. My two favorite examples are the Vince Young MVP/BCS championship acceptance in blackface and also the Disney/Uncle Remus Brer tar baby.
2. Internet culture. Combining internet phenomena is funny. Getting Rickrolled is funny. Getting Golfer-guy rolled is hilarious! Also, the Tiger Woods' photos etc...
3. Popular culture. The movie gifs and Star Wars images are perfect for this. There's an image of Colt as Luke flying a fighter in an image that appears to be illustrated. It's so perfect it looks as though it was always "scared colt" flying. The Darth Vader sans helmet/Golfer guy was beautiful work, btw. Seamless.
4. Matching the expressions. Colt looks scared, so putting him in frightening situations works. Roger Clemons looks not straight. Putting him on the gay pride float was hilarious to me. Especially when you consider the uber-manly image he likes to cultivate.
5. Cult films and images. Dazed and Confused was a pretty sweet photoshop. I loved the Spinal Tap image because it used Colt's head in a new and innovative way.
If you can combine two or more of these themes, I think you have a winner. I agree, it's not the Glee crowd--it will require some thought.
Well, I'll only post if I get truly inspired and feel it's quality work. So ... don't hold your breath.
Nothing worse than getting booed by internet scum.
I want to make a pilgrimage to Texas again just to see those things...
<sad face>Those guys at shaggy are mean.<tears>
Good news: I didn't want to go back. Once was good enough.
My sentiments exactly. Not going to post there until I have a winner.
THIS board however, appreciates effort over quality. Right? Right?
Separate names with a comma.