What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

fusker slush fund paid off the Big12

I think there was more Bison killed in Nebraska than what was found in Colorado.

Well, we've been known **** our fair share of corn in Colorado. You can actually see it, in ****! Anyway, what were you saying?

If this is true then Iowa should have a larger slush fund than Nebraska. In 2005 Iowa harvested 2.2 billion bushels and Nebraska only harvested 1.27 billion bushels.

Clearly Nebraska is more adept at getting paid for not growing crops. More time for football and more money for slush funds.

Corn Subsidies in Nebraska totaled $8.4 billion from 1995-2009.
Recipients of Total USDA Subsidies from farms in Nebraska totaled $13,958,000,000 in from 1995-2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly Nebraska is more adept at getting paid for not growing crops. More time for football and more money for slush funds.

Corn Subsidies in Nebraska totaled $8.4 billion from 1995-2009.
Recipients of Total USDA Subsidies from farms in Nebraska totaled $13,958,000,000 in from 1995-2009.

And we take that money and travel to other teams stadiums to fill them up, spend money in those states on food, gas and hotels.:smile2:

Hell you should be happy we fund your program!

Except that I'm a tax payer. I'm funding you clowns.

And you do a good job, I think you need to let Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin,Indiana and all the tobacco states know how you feel. I have never got a dime from Uncle Sam, and I have never seen the inside of a tractor or a combine. I am just a poor boy that never learned how to farm, so here I sit collecting a check every month from a trust fund my great great grandmother set up for me:smile2::lol:

And you do a good job, I think you need to let Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, Wisconsin,Indiana and all the tobacco states know how you feel. I have never got a dime from Uncle Sam, and I have never seen the inside of a tractor or a combine. I am just a poor boy that never learned how to farm, so here I sit collecting a check every month from a trust fund my great great grandmother set up for me:smile2::lol:

Eleanor Roosevelt was your great, great grandmother? She pestered the hell out of FDR to set up that welfare program you like to call a trust fund.

Uncle Sam has never given me a dime! I have never been on welfare, or collected from Social Security, but I pay in just as you do, and I hate it, just as you do.

So convenience stores for you, then?

Who ****ing carrrresssssssssss!

That was kind of my response when huskermark brought it up.

But I thought I'd be polite and tell him it was awesome.

EDIT: Hey huskermark. This was pretty uncool on my part--sorry.

I actually thought the background on the name was interesting. I was just trying to point out to kamel that he was quoting the wrong person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but buffalo are native to Africa. Bison are native to America. They are not the same.

Your angle in post 57 was pretty clear on that. So I confirmed your point in post 58 by referring to the name as a "misnomer". I'm pretty sure everybody here knows this.

God damn. Talk about hijacked thread. Please close this ****er down.

Hold on. Let me get this in first:
ThinLizzy-Tower77-Front.jpg

I have never met someone, or heard anyone say "I am debating if I should go on a hike, or to the game tomorrow". Im sure it does happen, and is an issue, but not nearly as big as CU fans make it out to be. Not even close.

Would Nebraska fill the stadium the same way if they had the best ski areas in the world 20 miles from Lincoln? Or if their was an NFL team in Lincoln? I'd care guess if you did have mountains a whole different set of people would live there than do currently.

Would Nebraska fill the stadium the same way if they had the best ski areas in the world 20 miles from Lincoln? Or if their was an NFL team in Lincoln? I'd care guess if you did have mountains a whole different set of people would live there than do currently.

Ummm..I'm not a weather guy but just how many ski weekends occur during College football season?? I don't buy the whole NFL thingy. Most people I know are one or the other..College or Pro.

Isn't just easier to admit Boulder/Denver just isn't a real big College Sports town? Bronco games are closer for many of the NU fans that travel to Lincoln so proximity just doesn't fly. KC isn't all that far either.

Ummm..I'm not a weather guy but just how many ski weekends occur during College football season?? I don't buy the whole NFL thingy. Most people I know are one or the other..College or Pro.

Isn't just easier to admit Boulder/Denver just isn't a real big College Sports town? Bronco games are closer for many of the NU fans that travel to Lincoln so proximity just doesn't fly. KC isn't all that far either.

Who's point are you trying to make here, Beak?

The whole point is that most fans are one or the other--NFL or college. But there is no NFL in nebraska, so they're all just one: College. That's been my point all along.

Oh here we go with the "We've got nothing better to do". Give me a ****ing break. I live 10 minutes from some of the most beautiful beaches in the U.S. and I'd much rather be sitting my ass in Memorial Stadium on a Saturday then going to the ****ing beach. It has nothing to do with not having pro teams. It's a passion for football and for the Huskers that's it. Excuses are like assholes....they almost always smell like ****. I'd give my right arm to be able to afford to fly back every weekend and make a game. I only made two last year and I live 26 hours from our stadium.

I have this same argument with Florida fans day in and day out because I call them fair weather pussies that all wore FSU and Miami jerseys ten years ago.

"How many home games did you go to last year?"

Response: "None, so, I have things to do"

"Yeah **** off, you live 2 hours from the stadium!"

Last edited:
Hmmmm go harvest the crops or go to a football game? Ya, I'd pick football game too. Nebraska fans can be such a joke sometimes with their holier than thou attitude. A day in the life of a fusker, wake up and feed the hogs, harvest the corn, go to a football game, come home and kick the wife thats a second cousin and dog, then come on the internet proclaiming to be the best fans in the world. Congrats husker fans, you should be proud!!! ****in joke!

I wish CU's AD had a slush fund that could write $9 million dollar checks (and have them clear). We wouldn't be dealing with D2 Danny anymore if that were the case.

I wish CU's AD had a slush fund that could write $9 million dollar checks (and have them clear). We wouldn't be dealing with D2 Danny anymore if that were the case.

oh i think they money is there to buy out DII Danny, and it was last year too.

Yea, but if you skip the ski trip and go to watch High School Hawkin's team, you get to rush the field!!!!

Hmmmm go harvest the crops or go to a football game? Ya, I'd pick football game too. Nebraska fans can be such a joke sometimes with their holier than thou attitude. A day in the life of a fusker, wake up and feed the hogs, harvest the corn, go to a football game, come home and kick the wife thats a second cousin and dog, then come on the internet proclaiming to be the best fans in the world. Congrats husker fans, you should be proud!!! ****in joke!

Typical garbage

Back