What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fuskers Hokies

LOL.... hopefully he can coach at a level that can afford to spot some field position, ha. the players will know he is fighting for them, very diff than BC who would just melt down at the firing of a cannon... he is no cally, at least he can coach.

See post #28 in this thread

the late hit ob cost the game.... but the fear I had/have about Bo's temper is there for sure. watson is becoming a concern for me as well but there are several weak spots (talent wise)..... Ganz is a great kid but is not a top 20 qb. run game is sad, dbacks are scrambling way to much. mental bagage on D is a concern.

there is no magic pill to make it turn around.... he needs time, TO knew this would be a concern when he hired him, there is some coaching going on there as well make no mistake. recruiting will tell the tail, a bowl game would be a great achievement should it happen this year. new talent, time, and experience as a hc can only happen with a lot of hard work.

Likely, but Bo is still unproven. He could be the next Bob Stoops, he could be the next Chuck Fairbanks. Nobody really knows because he has coached a total of 5 games in his career. I dont think this will be the last time he hurts his team with his antics however.

See post #28 in this thread
chuck fairbanks did not have TO in the background, Bo has a tremendous opportunity to learn from one of the best.

chuck fairbanks did not have TO in the background, Bo has a tremendous opportunity to learn from one of the best.

with all due respect, the landscape of the game has changed considerably since your jesus was hc. he was flabbergasted this year at what teams can bargain for when forming a contract. he honestly thought pedey was batty.

while bo may learn alot from to as a mentor, you have to admit that nebraska has floundered since certain ncaa changes happened that cut the advantage out from under nebraska (partial academic schollies).

also, you no longer have exclusive recruiting advantages owing to the offense run. you abandoned your thang, and now compete with everyone else who runs a similar scheme.

to may be bright, but you cannot argue that these two factors substantially affected how well he was able to do. i doubt his witicisms and neat traditional outlook can alter reality.

jmho.

You're really not expecting Bo to turn into the next TO are you?
oh hell no..... TO cut his teeth under Bob Devaney, Bo and Bob have been compared since day one. TO is a Doctor of Psychology, he can push buttons without Bo even knowing it. you do not want to take away BP's fire, just contain it. Bo looks to TO as a resource, a learning tool.... that is a HUGE advantage as a first time HC, is it not?

with all due respect, the landscape of the game has changed considerably since your jesus was hc. he was flabbergasted this year at what teams can bargain for when forming a contract. he honestly thought pedey was batty.

while bo may learn alot from to as a mentor, you have to admit that nebraska has floundered since certain ncaa changes happened that cut the advantage out from under nebraska.

in addition, you no longer have exclusive recruiting advantages owing to the offense run. you abandoned your gig, and now compete with everyone else who runs a similar scheme.

to may be bright, but you cannot argue that these two factors substantially affected how well he was able to do. i doubt his witicisms and neat traditional outlook can alter reality.

jmho.
all great points. Bo has also been around 2 other coaches who have been successful in todays climate and another who struggled to find a stride.... it is a good background to pull from. he will absolutely have to be his own man but to be able to bounce things off of a legend and separate the wheat from the chaff on his own is a big time plus.

I could care less if Bo got a penalty on him for getting in the refs ear. He didn't lose the game for us and neither did the officiating. As a team you should never put yourself in a situation where the officiating decides if you win or lose the game. They played better last night bottom line so they deserved to win. Some of you are already calling Bo a douche because he is the head coach of our team and that is all. Your utter hate for NU blinds you to the real truth about the whole situation. We are still only going to be a 7-5 team this season or 8-4 at best. We are actually not giving up again and for most of us that is all we ask. Play with fire and passion and if you lose it'll still suck, but it makes it easier to deal with.

The secondary played horrible, the offense was sluggish, and to me the offense has looked sluggish all season. Could that be because of Watson? I don't know, but something is contributing to it. Inconsistent play is the biggest problem right now and if they could figure this out we could be a decent team. I was actually pulling for you guys yesterday, but some of you bring the f*&k sCUm back out of me. :lol:

I could care less if Bo got a penalty on him for getting in the refs ear. He didn't lose the game for us and neither did the officiating. As a team you should never put yourself in a situation where the officiating decides if you win or lose the game. They played better last night bottom line so they deserved to win. Some of you are already calling Bo a douche because he is the head coach of our team and that is all. Your utter hate for NU blinds you to the real truth about the whole situation. We are still only going to be a 7-5 team this season or 8-4 at best. We are actually not giving up again and for most of us that is all we ask. Play with fire and passion and if you lose it'll still suck, but it makes it easier to deal with.

The secondary played horrible, the offense was sluggish, and to me the offense has looked sluggish all season. Could that be because of Watson? I don't know, but something is contributing to it. Inconsistent play is the biggest problem right now and if they could figure this out we could be a decent team. I was actually pulling for you guys yesterday, but some of you bring the f*&k sCUm back out of me. :lol:

FWIW, I thought your fuskers would look a lot worse than they did yesterday. I didn't see the whole game but the parts I saw of the first half the corn boys look much improved from last year. It looked like VT was in control and there wasn't much chance of the game getting away from them but the fuskers D showed some mustard and O had some success as well. I expected at least a dip in performance due to the coaching change but the fuskers seem to have skipped the dip and gotten strait on road to improvement(damn!). I do think you still have a long term problem with shortbus Watson at the helm on O but I also think you've got a good chance to win all your games in the north with the only sure losses being Mizzou and CU (of course :smile2:).

As much as I wanted to revel in the demise of the fuskers I think that time is almost done.

Some of you are already calling Bo a douche because he is the head coach of our team and that is all. Your utter hate for NU blinds you to the real truth about the whole situation.

I was actually pulling for you guys yesterday, but some of you bring the f*&k sCUm back out of me. :lol:

all it takes is one loss for the prototypical husker to come out of you? ONE person called pelini a douche. most were more constructive in their criticism.

on another note, this is directed to the person who got anonymously owly about the tom osbourne is your jesus observation: no need to shoot the messenger. if you do not want him on so high a pedestal, don't put him there.

FWIW, I thought your fuskers would look a lot worse than they did yesterday. I didn't see the whole game but the parts I saw of the first half the corn boys look much improved from last year. It looked like VT was in control and there wasn't much chance of the game getting away from them but the fuskers D showed some mustard and O had some success as well. I expected at least a dip in performance due to the coaching change but the fuskers seem to have skipped the dip and gotten strait on road to improvement(damn!). I do think you still have a long term problem with shortbus Watson at the helm on O but I also think you've got a good chance to win all your games in the north with the only sure losses being Mizzou and CU (of course :smile2:).

As much as I wanted to revel in the demise of the fuskers I think that time is almost done.

You may be right about Watson, but we'll just have to wait and see if the offense gets better or stays the same. I don't think the play calling is that bad I think it's more of the players not executing properly.

all it takes is one loss for the prototypical husker to come out of you? ONE person called pelini a douche. most were more constructive in their criticism.

on another note, this is directed to the person who got anonymously owly about the tom osbourne is your jesus observation: no need to shoot the messenger. if you do not want him on so high a pedestal, don't put him there.

:rolleyes: Again refer to the other post in the other thread. I said sCUm with laughter behind it meaning I'm fooling around. You read into alot of things and it's ridiculous sometimes. You can't argue that some Buff fans just hate everything about NU no matter how good or bad it is. I'm sure there are NU fans like that as well. Pelini is a good coach, but he is young and is going to make mistakes. He has this team heading in the right direction as far as playing with passion goes and I think that's what most of us want to see in Huskerland.

I said sCUm with laughter behind it meaning I'm fooling around.

you also had a mini lecture about calling bo-peep a doooshe. which was something one person did, and not "some of you" in the context indicated. are you sayin that you want us to write off all you said, because of the smiley? hmmmmmm?

if i am asking clarifying questions, it is to wade through the impreciseness of a written format and by doing so come to the conclusion about what is meant. not an alltogether bad idea, don't you think?

Last edited:
you also had a mini lecture about calling bo-peep a doooshe. which was something one person did, and not "some of you" in the context indicated. are you sayin that you want us to write off all you said, because of the smiley? hmmmmmm?

if i am asking clarifying questions, it is to wade through the impreciseness of a written format and by doing so come to the conclusion about what is meant. not an alltogether bad idea, don't you think?

I skimmed through the posts, I didn't read every single one to try and find a way to construe words to fit to my own personal agenda of pissing people off today unlike yourself. :rolleyes:

I skimmed through the posts, I didn't read every single one to try and find a way to construe words to fit to my own personal agenda of pissing people off today unlike yourself. :rolleyes:

i am not trying to piss you off today at all. nor am i truly attempting to piss everyone on the board off. there is exactly one exception to that statement.

if it pisses you off to be questioned (for clarification, at that) over something as piddly as this, perhaps a break would be in order for you? step away and come back when some hippy ****tards from boulder don't cause you pain for not loving on the big red.

Re: Glad to see

Coach Bo gave Buffalo fans some quality time away form their own problems they face with the CU coaching staff and team.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i am not trying to piss you off today at all. nor am i truly attempting to piss everyone on the board off. there is exactly one exception to that statement.

if it pisses you off to be questioned (for clarification, at that) over something as piddly as this, perhaps a break would be in order for you? step away and come back when some hippy ****tards from boulder don't cause you pain for not loving on the big red.

I don't need to take a break I'm fine. :smile2:

What a dumbass. **** Nebraska, they are still a mediocre MIDDLE OF THE PACK Big 12 team. I know I shouldn't be talking as we both got our asses kicked today, but NU was getting blownout at HOME to a mediocre VT team. I like our chances in Lincoln this year. Funny how NU fans think they are a national title contender this year. **** NEBRASKA!!!

Wow...thats rather brash....I never once thought we had a chance winning the 12 let alone the NC. New coach with non-picked recruits. Please, come off it. Oh and btw......WE didn't BOTH lose big....you lost big. We lost by 5 points not 3 scores....hardly blown-out. And honestly I think we're the better team...just stupid mistakes but an L is an L.

Last edited:
Also...to elaborate...about the late hit. It was bull****. You don't call a late hit when it's that situation and the kid was in the air before he even got out of bounds. As for Pel and the usc.....well...that sucks he did it. He should know better but on the other hand Im glad he has passion for the program.

The second late hit by Suh was bull****. I hope he gets in trouble for it.

watson is becoming a concern for me as well but there are several weak spots (talent wise)..... Ganz is a great kid but is not a top 20 qb. run game is sad, dbacks are scrambling way to much. mental bagage on D is a concern.

I
The secondary played horrible, the offense was sluggish, and to me the offense has looked sluggish all season. Could that be because of Watson?

I only saw the second half, but imo, you guys' frustration is misplaced. Looking at VT's season stats, the 333 yds TO and 23pts (excluding the Swift punt return) that your O put up was second only to what ECU hung on VT. Granted the rushing O left something to be desired, but I thought Gans was serviceable.

Meanwhile, the Flying Pelini Bros D allowed more first downs, yardage, and points than any D Va Tech faced all season, even more than Furman.

of course, I spent a lot of time defending Watson when he was here, I quess it makes sense that I would defend the guy now :huh:

I only saw the second half, but imo, you guys' frustration is misplaced. Looking at VT's season stats, the 333 yds TO and 23pts (excluding the Swift punt return) that your O put up was second only to what ECU hung on VT. Granted the rushing O left something to be desired, but I thought Gans was serviceable.

Meanwhile, the Flying Pelini Bros D allowed more first downs, yardage, and points than any D Va Tech faced all season, even more than Furman.

of course, I spent a lot of time defending Watson when he was here, I quess it makes sense that I would defend the guy now :huh:

No, I can see what your saying and your making some very good points here. The problem with the defense is the same thing, the secondary. Now the defense is playing worlds better, but the secondary is definately a concern and needs shored up and quickly. If it's not Missery is going to destroy us through the air. The problem with the offense is definately the running game right now and I think that stems back on Lucky and the offensive line. The offensive line isn't playing as well as we thought they would, but Lucky is so damn hesitant when it comes to hitting the holes and hard. Helu should be the starter IMO and I would think that would painfully obvious to the coaches at this point.

Also...to elaborate...about the late hit. It was bull****. You don't call a late hit when it's that situation and the kid was in the air before he even got out of bounds. As for Pel and the usc.....well...that sucks he did it. He should know better but on the other hand Im glad he has passion for the program.

The second late hit by Suh was bull****. I hope he gets in trouble for it.

Not just because it was against *ebraska, but that really was a late hit out of bounds. He was not in the air, he took a step and jumped into the player with his forearms aimed at the guy's chest/neck area. Late hit.

Not just because it was against *ebraska, but that really was a late hit out of bounds. He was not in the air, he took a step and jumped into the player with his forearms aimed at the guy's chest/neck area. Late hit.

VT's QB had several run plays on the side line and was elusive. I disagree completely he was in the air and he couldn't stop his momentum and he barely touched him when he fell on him. I guess in the ACC they would rather play flag football.:duel2:

Back