1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuskers rolling Arky st

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

31-6 in the third.

2. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

and the scary thing is....Arkansas State would drop 45 on our defense...

3. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

It's okay...it's a rivalry thing, we'll beat the fuskers.

4. Unleash Hell

Thats it?:lol:

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

As much as I don't respect scheduling 2 Sun Belt teams to start the program, both FAU and ArkSU have QBs rated among the top 150 or so players in the country this year. And the Huskers have shut them down. They may be good this year.

6. Unleash Hell

I hate to admit it, but since NU hired Pelini, I knew they were gonna be good again. 65-51 is gonna hurt us more than we thought.

BTW, Ark st hit a FG, whoo hoo! 31-9 now!

7. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

We finished 38-9, wasn't happy with the way the defense played in the 3rd quarter. They got sloppy and that's two games in a row where they've gotten sloppy in the 3rd quarter. Ark. State was much better than FAU IMO. Niles Paul and Zac Lee played very well today..............we won't have any drop-off at QB IMO and that was our biggest worry besides receiver. Receiver isn't that big of a deal either, they are playing fairly well.

8. Unleash Hell

What are your thoughts going into the VT game?

9. Spider

Spider Member

BRI will answer. But my thoughts are that mistakes could cost us dearly in that game and several others down the line in Big 12 play.

Our talent is challenged every game no matter the opponent; we'll need to be as pristine as possible for VT and beyond if we wish to win the North.

Also, I'm glad we have an eager, talented back up qb.

10. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I'm not sure how good VT is, they were dominated by Bama last week and were fortunate to only lose by 10. They did come back with an impressive win today with over 600 yards of offense, albeit against Marshall.

11. BIGREDIOWAN

Well I'd be lying if I didn't say I was nervous about the game. They have a pretty decent run game from what I understand even though their star running back is hurt. His back-up is apparently very capable and I think he put up something like 160 some yards with 3 td's today. Tyrod is a mobile QB so it's going to depend on our young lb's to keep him contained because I have no doubt our D-line will get pressure on him so it's obviously going to come down to keeping him inside the DE's. I noticed some weakness today on the outside and when guys got to the outside they got some decent gains. I think it'll be another good game just like last season, but we have to play there which gives them a huge advantage. I don't think they'll have much success with their passing game because our secondary is much improved over last season.

I'm going to say 37-31 VT for the win.............I think they have too much speed for us and we just aren't where we need to be to beat them this season.

12. bigred1

bigred1 Member

That sounds about right to me too. Their dual threat QB might have a hay day with us if we blow our assignments.

13. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Maybe at bong smoking. :lol:

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea Evans is out for the year and he had over 1200 yards last year. They had 2 RB's go for 160+ yards today and they're both redshirt freshmen.

15. BIGREDIOWAN

That's just f-ing insane isn't it!? I think Tyrod had some pretty high rushing yards as well so it's going to come down to containment and pushing that line of scrimmage back. Our defense is going to have to kick some ass in the trenches.

16. Unleash Hell

I think it will be a good game. VT wins because of home field

17. BIGREDIOWAN

Blacksburg is such a hard place to play, I agree, but I hope I'm wrong. :cool: