What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future Non-Conference Schedule

The Grove at Ole Miss is supposed to be one of the more epic tailgating spots around the country.

I have heard this as well. If CU had a home/home with Ole Miss, I think I'd be packing up the Jeep and heading down there for the experience.

The Grove at Ole Miss is supposed to be one of the more epic tailgating spots around the country.

I'd love to see it on gameday - visited some friends at Ole Miss a few years back, but it was in March! (doh!). It has got to be a sight to behold when the Rebs do the pre-game walk-through The Grove when MSU or LSU are in Oxford..

West Point is an easy drive from NYC - totally agree it should be played on campus instead of at Yankee Stadium (although I'd be happy for either). West Point's Michie Stadium isn't as small as you might imagine anyways - 40k

West Point is an easy drive from NYC - totally agree it should be played on campus instead of at Yankee Stadium (although I'd be happy for either). West Point's Michie Stadium isn't as small as you might imagine anyways - 40k

I can't imagine what the traffic must be like getting there, though. There's one road into campus, and it's gated. Maybe they do something special on game days that allows traffic to flow better. Otherwise, it would take a solid two hours to get from the highway to the parking lot.

edit: just checked, and there's a back road into the campus that they probably use for football games. Still, I bet the traffic is horrendous on gameday, especially when Air Force or ND is in town.

Last edited:
I can't imagine what the traffic must be like getting there, though. There's one road into campus, and it's gated. Maybe they do something special on game days that allows traffic to flow better. Otherwise, it would take a solid two hours to get from the highway to the parking lot.

edit: just checked, and there's a back road into the campus that they probably use for football games. Still, I bet the traffic is horrendous on gameday, especially when Air Force or ND is in town.

ND doesn't play at West Point anymore. Whenever it's Army's "home" game they play at either East Rutherford or now Yankee Stadium.

EDIT: And they've never played Navy at their stadium, which is a bunch of crap because ND is playing at Wake of all places this season, and their stadium is smaller then either Army's or Navy's.

Last edited:
ND doesn't play at West Point anymore. Whenever it's Army's "home" game they play at either East Rutherford or now Yankee Stadium.

Buncha pusses. :lol:

This was probably Army's idea, actually. They can get a bigger payday from the bigger stadium. Not surprising, but kind of sad at the same time.

So long as we're doing this, I'll give a list of "A Game" schools I'd like to see on the OOC schedule:

UVA
Clemson or South Carolina - don't really care which
Ole Miss
Pitt
BC
Penn State
North Carolina

Not saying I'd make it to games at all these places, but I'd go to some - especially BC. That would be a great game to see in person. Boston is a fun city.

This was probably Army's idea, actually. They can get a bigger payday from the bigger stadium. Not surprising, but kind of sad at the same time.

So long as we're doing this, I'll give a list of "A Game" schools I'd like to see on the OOC schedule:

UVA
Ole Miss
Pitt
BC
Penn State
North Carolina

Not saying I'd make it to games at all these places, but I'd go to some - especially BC. That would be a great game to see in person. Boston is a fun city.

I'd love to check out Boston, heard great things, although BC is known for being one of the more 'dead' atmospheres in the ACC along with Wake/Duke (Chestnut Hill 44k capacity, but more like 35k attendance). Same goes for Pitt - their fans are known to be nonexistent at times. Chapel Hill is another great college town very similar to Charlottesville and Kenan Stadium (60k) is scenic among the Carolina pine trees. Great atmosphere at Clemson's "Death Valley" too (81k), if you can find your way there...it's at the edge of the known world.

UVA
Ole Miss
Pitt
BC
Penn State
North Carolina

How the hell did Pitt get in there? I assume this one is because you have friends or relatives there, or you just want to visit the city because I can't imagine that the gameday atmosphere is very good given that they play at an NFL stadium, and the place often looks pretty empty for some of their games.

I'd much rather go see a game at Clemson than in Columbia because as Cville mentioned, the USC stadium is a couple of miles off campus and I've heard it's surrounded by nothing but parking lots and some warehouses. Sad thing about all this talk is that at one time we had games scheduled at PSU, North Carolina, and LSU. Although the UNC series getting cancelled wasn't our doing and I don't think the PSU one was either.

I'd much rather go see a game at Clemson than in Columbia because as Cville mentioned, the USC stadium is a couple of miles off campus and I've heard it's surrounded by nothing but parking lots and some warehouses. Sad thing about all this talk is that at one time we had games scheduled at PSU, North Carolina, and LSU. Although the UNC series getting cancelled wasn't our doing and I don't think the PSU one was either.

And Clemson, while seemingly in the middle of nowhere, is actually a closer drive from major airports (ATL/Charlotte) than Columbia is. Columbia has their traditions with the 'Cockaboose' etc. (yes), but overall, Clemson is the more storied program with the infamous gametime entry w/ Howard's Rock and running down the hill. Both stadiums are equal capacity. Clemson is a college town - Columbia is a capital city.

Last edited:
And Clemson, while seemingly in the middle of nowhere, is actually a closer drive from major airports (ATL/Charlotte) than Columbia is. Columbia has their traditions with the 'Cockaboose' etc. (yes), but overall, Clemson is the more storied program with the infamous gametime entry w/ Howard's Rock and running down the hill. Both stadiums are equal capacity. Clemson is a college down - Columbia is a capital city.

Columbia is about an hour shorter drive from Charlotte than Clemson is.

Last edited:
colorado-coeds.jpg

Shouldn't these fine ladies be moved to the Things to Do in Boulder on Gameday thread?

I threw Pitt in there for the simple reason that I think they'd be a decent program to play that would provide us some decent exposure on the East Coast. I have no particular affinity for the city itself. I've never been there, and I probably wouldn't go to see CU play there, either.

I threw Pitt in there for the simple reason that I think they'd be a decent program to play that would provide us some decent exposure on the East Coast. I have no particular affinity for the city itself. I've never been there, and I probably wouldn't go to see CU play there, either.

I'd put Maryland, Navy and Virginia Tech in front of Pitt. Michigan State, Kentucky, Cinncinnati and Louisville, too. I'd even put a return trip to Morgantown ahead of Pitt.

I'd rank Pitt alongside Syracuse, Rutgers and slightly ahead of Buffalo, Toledo, Bowling Green and Miami of Ohio.

Pittsburgh is a pro sports town. Between the Steelers, Pirates and Pinguins, there's plenty of excuses to take in a game. College football isn't the top ticket.

Blacksburg is a sh*thole, but i'll hand it to VT - Lane Stadium is the toughest place to play in the ACC, imo. It's smaller than FSU/Clemson but those Hokies get LOUD. I'll never forget the "Hurricane Game" back around 2003 when aTm took a visit to VT - it was literally a hurricane, the state of Virginia was getting ravaged (we didn't have power for a week) yet somehow 65k Hokies showed up and made life hell on the Aggies. Amazing how far their program has come in these past 12 years, but Beamer is entering his 25th year and he isn't going to pull a Paterno...

Maryland would offer some great exposure, but College Park can't compare to Charlottesville or Chapel Hill in terms of gameday fun/atmosphere - although you can do the whole DC tourist thing, it's right next door. Still shocked they'd fire the "Fridge" after a 9 win season only to bring in Edsall from UConn.

I checked Army's home schedule this year out of curiosity, they have Northwestern and San Diego State coming to West Point, and a game against Rutgers in Yankee Stadium. The Navy game is at FedEx Field in Landover, MD

I know we played them at some point in the 90s, but Wiscy is the team I'd most like to see. 1. Wiscy 2. Penn St. 3. Any SEC team really but how about Florida? Buffs in the swamp would be epic. Or Ole Miss.

And I'll just mention that I agree 1000% with skidmark as far as scheduling goes. No d-2 teams ever.

...but how about Florida? Buffs in the swamp would be epic...

As a UF grad student I would love to see CU come into the Swamp but itll never happen as long as Jeremy Foley is the AD because UF's scheduling strategy is to schedule a bunch of non-conference patsies +Florida State each year, and they won't travel outside the state of Florida for non-conference games (last time they did so was around 1991 or so, IIRC)...Gainesville on gamedays is pretty awesome, but not the easiest place to get to from out-of-state..and traffic on gamedays is an absolute disaster...

Clemson would definitely be fun, I caught a game up there this past season and really enjoyed the experience - Clemson fans were very hospitable and the atmosphere in Death Valley was definitely pretty electric - would love to see a "Battle of the CU's" there in the future!

'Tini gets his wish.

Colorado athletic director Mike Bohn has finalized contracts for several nonconference football games in future seasons and hopes to be able to announce all or most of the Buffs` nonconference opponents through 2017 at some point in September.

CU has an open date for a home game next fall and will likely play host to a team from a non-automatic qualifying conference in the Football Bowl Subdivision or a team from the Football Championship Subdivision.

Link.

Back