What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future of College Football is FUBAR

lvbuff

All the talk of mergers and acquisitions means that college football will forever and ever suck once it all happens. The day and age where one could root for and support their "alma mater" will be over as the joke of the bowl season and championship series takes on the air of the olympics or world series. What we will see is the same 6 to 8 teams playing year in and year out. The good ole days of in-state rivalries will not matter and traditional rivalries will mean nothing. In my opinion it is sad that the all mighty tv revenue dollar has taken over the perceived purity of the sport. As an aside, once the big conference deals are made, we will see the TRUE relevance of the NCAA.

There will be some form of parity as long as scholarships are limited like they are now. 6 - 8 teams won't always be in it, but it will always be teams from the super conferences.

All the talk of mergers and acquisitions means that college football will forever and ever suck once it all happens. The day and age where one could root for and support their "alma mater" will be over as the joke of the bowl season and championship series takes on the air of the olympics or world series. What we will see is the same 6 to 8 teams playing year in and year out. The good ole days of in-state rivalries will not matter and traditional rivalries will mean nothing. In my opinion it is sad that the all mighty tv revenue dollar has taken over the perceived purity of the sport. As an aside, once the big conference deals are made, we will see the TRUE relevance of the NCAA.

Uh, why will college football suddenly suck? Just because? Care to elaborate?

I agree with 0% of what you just said, and I'm pretty sure the Olympics and the World Series are wildly popular so why is that bad?

Uh, why will college football suddenly suck? Just because? Care to elaborate?

I agree with 0% of what you just said, and I'm pretty sure the Olympics and the World Series are wildly popular so why is that bad?

:yeahthat:

Superconferences will increase parity for the good teams, though. The top 3-4 traditional powers from the Pac-16 will beat up on each other or keep losing to Oregon State. I think that makes it just as tough for them to get to the MNC game.

Will continue to suck for the mediocre teams though as stacked programs will move into an existing conference and their recruiting ground. So basically, more teams, but still status quo as far as who's getting to top tier bowls and who's not.

Back