1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future of Potts and Prentup

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by Buffnik, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mar 20, 2009
    RG has talked about the impact of the East Campus academic building project. The school is planning to take the Potts and Prentup land to build academic buildings.

The most likely scenario for the relocation is to go to the "North" Campus. Basically, this means redeveloping the family housing and current football practice fields on the north side of Boulder Creek to create a sports complex for field sports and T&F.

We've heard talk of a new bridge being planned for crossing the creek along with that.

I think it would be allsome to have things located there in order to get the competition fields concentrated in the same area of the main campus near the new IPF (which hosts indoor T&F), the sports performance facilities and the new locker rooms & coaches offices within the redesigned Dal Ward.

One thing I was wondering: what about one single complex for both the field sports (soccer & lax) as well as T&F?

I was looking at the New Mexico board this morning due to the soccer match today and they have combined the two in a really good way.

Their facility seats 6,200 people and has put UNM in the Top 10 on soccer attendance (both men & women) in the NCAA while serving as the spring home for their outdoor T&F.

Would a setup like that make sense for CU in that location?
  2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Jul 8, 2005
    I think the corner of Folsom and Arapahoe can be a wonderful gateway to the University, and specifically to the Athletic Department. Those family housing units are about 50 years old, and could use a rehab. All that area to the West of the practice fields could be made into new family housing. If money is no object, they could put a world class athletic training facility there, complete with Olympic sized swimming and diving wells. Wrestling, gymnastics, and even a whitewater course through the creek. CU -Boulder could be a de-facto U.S. Olympic training facility. This is all pie in the sky, but it's fun to dream about.
  3. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2005
    They should tell Boulder to **** off and develop the south campus.