What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future QB?

I will be relieved when we end up with people and players that are Embree's people instead of Hawkins's people. The realization that I came up with this season is that Cody is a much better QB then Hansen.
Chronologically, it's unpossible to argue with you.

One of the guys associated with the AD tells me he is the real deal, great arm, etc....

He also told me Darrell Scott would win the Heisman, that Cody was amazingly accurate, that Obi would be Pac-12 first team..... The list continues. He's not always wrong, but it's no better than a coin flip.

Unless someone is hearing it from EB, JE, Rip or Kennedy, I'd wait until the first game to know. Even players I've talked with in the past have been VERY wrong.

One of the guys associated with the AD tells me he is the real deal, great arm, etc....

He also told me Darrell Scott would win the Heisman, that Cody was amazingly accurate, that Obi would be Pac-12 first team..... The list continues. He's not always wrong, but it's no better than a coin flip.

Unless someone is hearing it from EB, JE, Rip or Kennedy, I'd wait until the first game to know. Even players I've talked with in the past have been VERY wrong.

It's come directly from Rip

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

When your team is this sh**ty the best players are always the ones who have never played. Hope springs eternal. Just wait until Wood, Nembot, Harlos, and Jered Bell take over next year - we're going to f**k people up.

Hmmm

"I think he has a chance to play at the next level, I really do," Scherer said. "He's certainly not close to being there yet, but Tyler reminds me of Drew Brees with some of the things he can do."

I can't tell you how many times I've heard directly from coaches how great particular players are, only to see those same players do nothing in games. Coaches are always talking up players. It's what they do. I've learned to pretty much ignore coaches comments regarding players' performance.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard directly from coaches how great particular players are, only to see those same players do nothing in games. Coaches are always talking up players. It's what they do. I've learned to pretty much ignore coaches comments regarding players' performance.

This goes for teammates also. And anyone involved with the program. Hell, I wouldn't believe 90% of you ****ers if you watched a bunch of practices. I don't give a **** how he looks until he is on the field against a team full of people who want to make him look like he doesn't belong. If he consistantly does well in that scenario, then you know he is good. All else is just bull****.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

I am concerned that Wood hasn't taken a single snap in college yet and played basically 1A level football in high school

True....but there is something to be said about coming from a texas high school and being recruited by UT.....Rip S loves this guy

An excellent overall athlete, Wood has the ability to throw it a mile or take off and run. Has experience in a spread option and is comfortable running the option out of the spread offense. His size and armstrength help tremendously with his accuracy as he doesn’t have to muscle up on throws to get them downfield. Ideal candidate for the spread option. Scott Kennedy, Scout.com

Too bad we don't run the spread-option.

I hope Wood has used this season to work on his accuracy, which is the knock on him from uTerus' spring game. Correct that, and we could have an absolute gem at the qb position. Time will tell ....

Yep...on paper looks good.....I think having Rip S and Kennedy will make Dillon, Wood really great players....now Coaching staff can start to fully open the the plan on offense.

That's one out of a lot. Great sample size.

Maybe you should wait to see wood play before making him to be the greatest qb in CU history. Damn, don't people get tired of whistling high hopes only to get your nads stomped on?

It is amazing when you totally buy into recruiting stars/hype when it fits your argument.
I'm talking about offers, not stars here and if you would ever listen, not sure if they teach that at Auburn but I said in some cases stars are valid and some aren't. Other kids have had offers from OU, UT, etc and went on to have great college careers. Slider is acting every highly regarded player is a flop by listing only one of them.

I'm talking about offers, not stars here and if you would ever listen, not sure if they teach that at Auburn but I said in some cases stars are valid and some aren't. Other kids have had offers from OU, UT, etc and went on to have great college careers. Slider is acting every highly regarded player is a flop by listing only one of them.

You're trying a little too hard here.

Back