What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future QB?

Hey, dumb****. The "negative" people you are talking about aren't saying Wood is going to be a bust. They are telling the dumb**** sunshine pumpers that pegging him as our best QB since Detmer is foolish, since he has never even played a down and with such expectations, it is likely you will be disappointed. Especially with our recent track record with top recruits. Do you understand, or do we need another five pages of discussion for you to still not get it?

:wtf:Thanks for proving part of my point-what the heck is up with this forum that people feel the need or empowered by ridiculing or criticizing other Buff fans? How many people on this forum honestly disagree with my assessment that we are in a way better position on the QB position going into next season than we have been in a very long time? If you don't fundamentally disagree with me on that than why are so many "fans" so negative about Wood's potential when all the data we have points to the fact that he is quite good and probably exponentially better than any QB we've had in the past 5+ years? And behind him we have one of our best QB recruits in a long time who will now be able to RS and learn from a more experienced quality QB? You may say that the only criticism people have is that there is no proof he is as good or better than Detmer. I have read plenty of posts that never mentioned Detmer but were still quite critical of Wood and critical of Buff fans for being optimistic about someone who has not played a down yet in a Buffs uniform.

If it is not legitimate to look at intangibles, HS performance, offer sheets, stars, performance on the scout team in order to make an assessment on the potential impact a player could have, than I suggest we remove recruiting and transfer discussions from the forum!

:wtf:Thanks for proving part of my point-what the heck is up with this forum that people feel the need or empowered by ridiculing or criticizing other Buff fans? How many people on this forum honestly disagree with my assessment that we are in a way better position on the QB position going into next season than we have been in a very long time? If you don't fundamentally disagree with me on that than why are so many "fans" so negative about Wood's potential when all the data we have points to the fact that he is quite good and probably exponentially better than any QB we've had in the past 5+ years? And behind him we have one of our best QB recruits in a long time who will now be able to RS and learn from a more experienced quality QB? You may say that the only criticism people have is that there is no proof he is as good or better than Detmer. I have read plenty of posts that never mentioned Detmer but were still quite critical of Wood and critical of Buff fans for being optimistic about someone who has not played a down yet in a Buffs uniform.

If it is not legitimate to look at intangibles, HS performance, offer sheets, stars, performance on the scout team in order to make an assessment on the potential impact a player could have, than I suggest we remove recruiting and transfer discussions from the forum!
I don't disagree with you. However, I derive a great deal of joy doing what I've bolded above. Is it ok to do it when you can't disagree with them?

Back