What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Future Schedules?

What happens to these threads? I want to like AllBuffs, and am impressed with the recruiting sub-site, but every time I take a look here the threads disintregate to the chatter of 14-year-olds. I've heard from a number of other posters who would love to ignore the arguments over on NetBuffs, the hype on BuffScoop, the sunshine dwellers on Rivals, and the empty room echoes on Scout; but AllBuffs, after a good start to a thread, seems to unravel into the domain of a giggling bunch of schoolboys.

The stock market is up today, I made some great trades to recover completely from yesterday, I have three meetings this afternoon, but I also have a deep interest in CU's scheduling (especially after some healthy donations), and then I read this, whatever you call it. This stuff pushes the serious posters out.

I'm not sure why your "great trades" and meetings are relevant to the point you're making. You're hijacking your own post with off-topic douchebaggery. Which is far worse than the off-topic "immaturity" you complain about.

Bah - your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries. I fart in your general direction.
I had some things I thought would be interesting for AllBuffs to hear about; a couple of conversations I had with Mike about scheduling east coast, Chicago-area, and Texas teams, and getting out of the 2-for1 deal with Fresno State, which doesn't help us in recruiting. It's not worth the time trying to fit it in with stuff like this post.

Last edited:
I had some things I tought would be interesting for AllBuffs to hear about; a couple of conversations I had with Mike about scheduling east coast, Chicago-area, and Texas teams, and getting out of the 2-for1 deal with Fresno State, which doesn't help us in recruiting. It's not worth the time trying to fit it in with stuff like this post.
Not when you keep focusing on the off topic conversation you started. Please stick to the thread topic.

I had some things I tought would be interesting for AllBuffs to hear about; a couple of conversations I had with Mike about scheduling east coast, Chicago-area, and Texas teams, and getting out of the 2-for1 deal with Fresno State, which doesn't help us in recruiting. It's not worth the time trying to fit it in with stuff like this post.

cheesus, you're actually going to let my post deter you from saying something on allbuffs? You need to learn about how this place works. Post what you want to. If it's worthy of discussion, you'll get responses. If it's not, it will die where you left it.

I had some things I thought would be interesting for AllBuffs to hear about; a couple of conversations I had with Mike about scheduling east coast, Chicago-area, and Texas teams, and getting out of the 2-for1 deal with Fresno State, which doesn't help us in recruiting. It's not worth the time trying to fit it in with stuff like this post.

Ah now we are getting somewhere. I would love to hear about all of the above. Usually these threads turn into jokes because we have run out of **** to talk about. however it is always refreshing to get some new information. By all means speak up

You are obviously very important. We are sorry for wasting your time. And by the way, you can always threadjack a thread back to its ORIGINAL topic. That requires some very serious posting though.

Ah now we are getting somewhere. I would love to hear about all of the above. Usually these threads turn into jokes because we have run out of **** to talk about. however it is always refreshing to get some new information. By all means speak up

I gave you Bohn scoop about Maryland wheres the love?

I was going to post some scoop on the 50 $1mill donors but this thread is just too serious.

Did you seriously accuse us of behaving like 14-year-olds?

By all means, go back to being important, but when you're in a mood to slum you're still welcome here. We mostly believe in redemption around these parts, though I think I speak for everybody when I say that Matt Thompson can go **** himself.

Hey mateys, I wonder if any of you will want to see CU deliver some pay back to the Big 12 on the gridiron down the road?

Hey mateys, I wonder if any of you will want to see CU deliver some pay back to the Big 12 on the gridiron down the road?

Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas are really the only ones that would be a big deal to me. After those and the national tv interest they would generate, I'd rather play some BCS teams as home/home matchups that we haven't seen in a long time or have never seen. Series like West Virginia, Michigan and Georgia were very cool. I'd rather schedule Iowa than Iowa State, for example.

Baylor nonconference. Did it before the Big 12 and I'd like to do it again. Not a doormat anymore even though when they were we lost multiple times. Really one of those teams we should have beaten more than we did that I'd like to settle a score with. Plus all the Pac-12 jabs they took, and when we had a chance to dispose of them on our field after that we sh*t the bed. Want a rematch down the road with every Big 12 team we lost to in our last meeting with them.

I still say CU should do everything it can to make sure they have 7 home games each year; 6 games in Boulder.

During this rebuilding stage it should be something like this:

CSU
1 non-conf BCS school that is mid-tier in their conf (Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Duke)
1 non conf non-BCS school (Wyoming, AFA, Utah State, Idaho, San Diego State)
1 Div I-AA (Northern Colorado)

Where 3-1 is worst-case-scenario and 4-0 is possible.

Gotta get bowl eliglible to get those extra practices in December; as well as program exposure on a national level. There is no glory in playing the toughest schedule in football, although I understand the dollars and cents behind the decision to play tO$U this Fall. Hopefully, we'll be beyond the days of needing a cash cow by going to the likes of tO$U.

Hayden Fry incorporated this recipe at Iowa when he came back in 1979. We still follow it to this day, eventhough the alumni base wants us to play on the big stage week in and week out. Iowa is mandated by Iowa Legislation to play Iowa State, then we play Pitt (BCS), LA-Monroe (non-BCS D1) and Tennessee Tech (D-1AA).

You take your lumps in Oct/Nov; not September. And you always play in late December or January. Those extra practices are vital.

I still say CU should do everything it can to make sure they have 7 home games each year; 6 games in Boulder.

During this rebuilding stage it should be something like this:

CSU
1 non-conf BCS school that is mid-tier in their conf (Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Duke)
1 non conf non-BCS school (Wyoming, AFA, Utah State, Idaho, San Diego State)
1 Div I-AA (Northern Colorado)

Where 3-1 is worst-case-scenario and 4-0 is possible.

Gotta get bowl eliglible to get those extra practices in December; as well as program exposure on a national level. There is no glory in playing the toughest schedule in football, although I understand the dollars and cents behind the decision to play tO$U this Fall. Hopefully, we'll be beyond the days of needing a cash cow by going to the likes of tO$U.

Hayden Fry incorporated this recipe at Iowa when he came back in 1979. We still follow it to this day, eventhough the alumni base wants us to play on the big stage week in and week out. Iowa is mandated by Iowa Legislation to play Iowa State, then we play Pitt (BCS), LA-Monroe (non-BCS D1) and Tennessee Tech (D-1AA).

You take your lumps in Oct/Nov; not September. And you always play in late December or January. Those extra practices are vital.
Get prepared for people say this is bad logic.

Get prepared for people say this is bad logic.

Let me be the first.

We have a 12-game schedule and 9 conference games. Only room for 3 non-conference matchups unless we're playing at Hawaii and get an extra game.

I'm all for 1-1-1 scheduling. One marquee game, one midling game (CSU), and one cupcake.

Edit: While we're rebuilding, I could live with 0-2-1.

nah, we would probably have to buy the LongHorn Network to watch any of those games....

Hope to see an announcement soon. Hopefully some lower level FBS teams so we can build a program

If we're not going to schedule MAC, Sun-Belt or 1AA teams, then we need to schedule teams like Duke, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. This "anyone anywhere" thing is laughable given the state of our program, and it's killing us. Recruits might like "big games", but they also like teams that go better than 3-9, and they like teams that play in bowl games. This isn't the 80's anymore where there is a limited number of bowl games, all across the country crappy teams are loading their OOC with winnable games, going .500 or below in conference, and making bowl games year after year. Bowls bring money too, and the extra practice in December is vital. It's absolutely absurd that we continue to do this while Embree is trying to rebuild this program. At least give ourselves a chance, getting to a bowl game in the near future would be ****ing huge. It's suicidal to be having road games at Fresno State as your "easy" game when other teams are playing Stony Brook, and then playing top 10 programs on top of that. It's not the 90's anymore, or even the early 00's...we've got to make vast changes in this department. I don't care if some fans might not like it, fans also don't like to come see teams that win 3 games a year, they like teams that are in the running for bowl games.

If we're not going to schedule MAC, Sun-Belt or 1AA teams, then we need to schedule teams like Duke, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. This "anyone anywhere" thing is laughable given the state of our program, and it's killing us. Recruits might like "big games", but they also like teams that go better than 3-9, and they like teams that play in bowl games. This isn't the 80's anymore where there is a limited number of bowl games, all across the country crappy teams are loading their OOC with winnable games, going .500 or below in conference, and making bowl games year after year. Bowls bring money too, and the extra practice in December is vital. It's absolutely absurd that we continue to do this while Embree is trying to rebuild this program. At least give ourselves a chance, getting to a bowl game in the near future would be ****ing huge. It's suicidal to be having road games at Fresno State as your "easy" game when other teams are playing Stony Brook, and then playing top 10 programs on top of that. It's not the 90's anymore, or even the early 00's...we've got to make vast changes in this department. I don't care if some fans might not like it, fans also don't like to come see teams that win 3 games a year, they like teams that are in the running for bowl games.
This. I said this all offseason, now maybe people will listen. It's not doing us any good to schedule murders row every year.

Back