What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FWIW the TAMU boards have lit up with more realignment threads the last couple of day

The Red Sox are not full of t-shirt fans.

I beg to differ. At least a little. I can't go a day with out seeing Red Sox stuff. Before their first title I only saw it on occasion. I did go to a Rockies/Red Sox game right before they won their first title though and it was mainly Sox fans so that is why I'm only begging to differ a bit. :lol:

The Red Sox are not full of t-shirt fans.

right, they seem to like hats better

You are probably correct. I don't get to see it because I live in Austin, and 50% of people here are wearing orange every day of the week - and most every car has either a UT or A&M sticker/emblem. There is no change here based on how the team is doing, but I"m sure there is elsewhere - especially outside of TX. I know that I rock my CU stuff all the time, and have gotten a lot of **** for it lately. **** Dan Hawkins.

It's not like you can change yer bumper stickers daily

I also think that winning the title was the worse thing to happen to the Red Sox. They used to be special now they are just the Yankees lite.

Biggest T-shirt fans (IMO):

Not in order

Texas Longhorns
USC trojans
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Lakers (i said not in order but this is #1)
Miami Hurricanes
Every Pro Boston team
Rockies (just in denver)
Dodgers
Notre Dame
ManU
Chicago Bulls

I'd throw UNC on that list. See that logo everywhere. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that with Boston fans. It was perfectly fine before the '04 WS, then suddenly guys from Massachusetts to Oklahoma were somehow long suffering, die hard Sox fans because they had a brother in law who worked in Fitchburg once.

Last edited:
I believe that Texas would be very satisfied to be independent. And who bailed on Austin last year? Every game I went to was packed.

Texas deserves the nightmarish realities being independent would bring. Last year Texas had a problem winning at home. I saw em bailed on frequently.

Wasn't royal mostly empty by the end of the ucla game?
That wasn't the only one...

True fan, wears the colors win or lose.:nod:
:thumbsup: (sitting in buff shirt)

Sounds like Texas caved (for now) on not broadcasting Big 12 or HS games on TLN.

Biggest T-shirt fans (IMO):

Not in order

Texas Longhorns
USC trojans
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Lakers (i said not in order but this is #1)
Miami Hurricanes
Every Pro Boston team
Rockies (just in denver)
Dodgers
Notre Dame
ManU
Chicago Bulls

All teams have their corps die-hard fans, and in that regard BoSox fans were amongst the most die-hard of all. They're not T-Shirt fans, but there is an absolute swell of Boston gear around the country in the wake(field) of recent successes, they certainly have their fair share. But I think it's unfair to the base contingent to refer to Boston fans as "T-shirt fans" in general. Assholes, sure, but T-shirt fans, no.

And I'd argue that the new Sox aren't Yankess Lite, but actually, just Yankees flat out.

Pretty accurate list,

cut the sleeves off and put some chew spittle stains on it and it is likely a Nebraska shirt.

nebraska fans are a lot of unsavory things, but T-shirt fans is not one of them.

All teams have their corps die-hard fans, and in that regard BoSox fans were amongst the most die-hard of all. They're not T-Shirt fans, but there is an absolute swell of Boston gear around the country in the wake(field) of recent successes, they certainly have their fair share. But I think it's unfair to the base contingent to refer to Boston fans as "T-shirt fans" in general. Assholes, sure, but T-shirt fans, no.

And I'd argue that the new Sox aren't Yankess Lite, but actually, just Yankees flat out.

nebraska fans are a lot of unsavory things, but T-shirt fans is not one of them.

Yes to this. You can call the NU fans what you want but T-shirt fan is not one of them. Any group of fans that has a noticable number of toilet seats with their school's logo, does not count. It's not what they do, its who they are.

Sounds like Texas caved (for now) on not broadcasting Big 12 or HS games on TLN.

Yes they are tableing that idea for now...

Chip Brown (ugh) had a new theory this morning about the Longhorn Network: He thinks that ESPN might be realizing that they can't make their 300 million $$ back, and may try to convince Texas to turn the network into the Big 12 network. :lol:

Chip Brown (ugh) had a new theory this morning about the Longhorn Network: He thinks that ESPN might be realizing that they can't make their 300 million $$ back, and may try to convince Texas to turn the network into the Big 12 network. :lol:

oh goody, ESPN versus Texas to determine the shape of NCAA football in the southwest....sadly, one of them will win. unless there's the earthquake....

Wow, it only took espn this long to figure it out?

Anyone been over to shaggybevo today? There's an interesting and funny combination of butthurt, indignation, delusion, lack-of-foresightedness, and subtle undertones of fear on this particular subject.

awww, some of them still wish they were in the pac 12 and want them "to get it over with already." stupid whorns, not gonna happen.

Anyone been over to shaggybevo today? There's an interesting and funny combination of butthurt, indignation, delusion, lack-of-foresightedness, and subtle undertones of fear on this particular subject.

how does that differ from the average day?

quidditch-tam.jpg

funny stuff over there, UT calling out A&M because they call other schools minor, while other UTers think it's ok to show high school if they convert to a B12 network.... and how does that make showing your recruits on tv fair to every other conference recruiting them? the mindset is amazing...

Back