What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

FYI SIAP FWIW Austin Hinder

Of course. CU was his second offer, right after Cal.

The conventional wisdom right now is that Cal has the inside track on the kid because of some family history there. I wouldn't ever bet against Hawk to land an in-state recruit that he's really after, though. All indications are that he's really after Hinder. In all seriousness, I'd be very surprised if he goes anywhere but Cal or CU.

I think Stanford is a player here. Actually, Stanford is a player for quite a few top CO players in 2010.

OP must have pissed his pants trying to start this thread after finding out his boys offered Hinder. :wow: With over 1600 Allbuffs posts, he couldn't find the recruiting forum for this thread or the Hinder thread already there. :congrats:

Are you impying the Almighty Bob Stoops might leave the Holy Church of the Oklahoma Sooners?

INFIDELS!!!!! INFIDELS!!!!!

I am implying no such thing. One would have to be ignorant to think that there is another job that might be tempting to the coach of Sooner Nation.... :cool:

OP must have pissed his pants trying to start this thread after finding out his boys offered Hinder. :wow: With over 1600 Allbuffs posts, he couldn't find the recruiting forum for this thread or the Hinder thread already there. :congrats:

Are you calling me OP?

Do you guys remember that linebacker from Shreveport we signed a few years ago who transferred after a couple seasons? Guy just couldn't wrap his head around Boulder. It works the same way in reverse.

i remember that guy...the almost but not really Barnett-Evangel pipeline...powerhouse Louisiana program that (for a time) was cranking out 4 and 5 star players. the Bootys and that kid that was killed at UT several years ago and his brother (I think, also to UT)....come to mind though i can't think of the UT brothers' name.

Money machine is what he meant.

yeah, that ain't exactly how it works. carroll is "clean" at usc. and tressel at ohio state. and stoops at ou. and beemer at vtech. and saban at bama. did i hit all the major conferences yet?

the point is: in this day and age, the hcs aren't involved in any direct contact w/ any ncaa violations. they are shielded. there is a sophisticated group of boosters at each football power who will do what it takes to support the program.

CU's biggest issue on this front is that we've been both remarkably inconsistent and also incredibly inept at successfully skirting the attention of the ncaa. while usc boosters are putting kids in luxury condos and ou boosters are paying kids big salaries for no-show jobs at car dealerships, CU is self-reporting for feeding walk-ons too much food at the training table (when 3 months later, the ncaa would repeal the rule).

we can't cheat effectively. it is the half-assed nature of it that annoys me.

i am only partially kidding. :cool:

Q:
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Florida.

What do these schools have in common?

A: All three tried to recruit the #1 player out of Colorado the last three years and all three failed.

and all 3 schools have a better won/loss record the last 3 years than CU.... (not sure on ND)

so what are you trying to say????

Oklahoma, silly. It's the best coaching job anywhere. Everybody knows that.... :cool:

Are you impying the Almighty Bob Stoops might leave the Holy Church of the Oklahoma Sooners?

INFIDELS!!!!! INFIDELS!!!!!

I am implying no such thing. One would have to be ignorant to think that there is another job that might be tempting to the coach of Sooner Nation.... :cool:

only if it is some middle to lower tier NFL team on the fast track to looserville I'd agree..... seems I was told back in January that Bob Stoops did tell a certain owner of a team that would possibly fit the above description to "forget about it!!!!"

really sucks when a college program head coaching job is reguarded by many experts as a better coaching position than many NFL teams doesnt it???

right Jens?

and all 3 schools have a better won/loss record the last 3 years than CU.... (not sure on ND)

I think his point is clear. He's telling Charlie that Alabama might have a great football program, a great coach and a proud tradition, but other schools which fit that description have failed to lure top Colorado recruits away from Coach Hawkins.

He's simply saying that Saban (and other coaches) can expect a tough fight from Hawkins when it comes to Colorado's finest prepsters.

I don't think Sackman brought the topic of wins and losses into this discussion. If he were to have, I think it would have been to point out that comparing win/loss record appears to be irrelevant when it comes to recruiting against Coach Hawkins. But again, he didn't mention it.

only if it is some middle to lower tier NFL team on the fast track to looserville I'd agree..... seems I was told back in January that Bob Stoops did tell a certain owner of a team that would possibly fit the above description to "forget about it!!!!"

really sucks when a college program head coaching job is reguarded by many experts as a better coaching position than many NFL teams doesnt it???

right Jens?

You are always right.

Last edited:
This is for the person that negative repped me.

bush_finger_flip.jpg

Go start a thread defending a coach that has gone 13-24 but only because all the successful teams are cheating and your university will not stoop to such levels since CU is such a beacon of light in the dirty competitive arena of college tackle football.

bush_finger_flip.jpg

Go start a thread defending a coach that has gone 13-24 but only because all the successful teams are cheating and your university will not stoop to such levels since CU is such a beacon of light in the dirty competitive arena of college tackle football.
Terrific picture....who was he saluting? And a positive rep to you...from a person who gets anonymous negative reps all of the time...

I'm trying to say that getting the #1 recruit out of Colorado isn't easy. Hawk tends to keep these kids at home.

right Jens?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bush_finger_flip.jpg

Go start a thread on your team's fan site defending a coach that has gone 13-24 but only because all the successful teams are cheating and your university will not stoop to such levels since CU is such a beacon of light in the dirty competitive arena of college tackle football.

fify

bush_finger_flip.jpg

just for the record, i didn't negative rep you--- if hit someone with the rep stick, i sign it. i want the recipient to know it was me.

also, if your comments about CU being a beacon of light are directed at me, allow me to retort: i am not suggesting CU is a beacon of light. i am suggesting that, unlike virtually all major programs, CU doesn't know how to skirt the rules effectively. big boy football is dirty. recruiting is dirty. you know it. i know it. the sec in general is a freaking cesspool of ncaa violations. but, you know what? i don't care so much about what other schools do except to the extent that CU has cut its own pecker off in terms of competitiveness by either deciding not to play along or by being inept in attempting to play along.

just for the record, i didn't negative rep you--- if hit someone with the rep stick, i sign it. i want the recipient to know it was me.

It is amazing to me that anyone cares enough about rep to comment about it (oops), but especially if you're on a rival fan page getting negative rep. That is (or should be) a given! C'mon, rep is not currency, almost random, and can be added or deducted by total strangers for any (or no) reason at all. What's the fuss?

It is amazing to me that anyone cares enough about rep to comment about it (oops), but especially if you're on a rival fan page getting negative rep. That is (or should be) a given! C'mon, rep is not currency, almost random, and can be added or deducted by total strangers for any (or no) reason at all. What's the fuss?

Neg rep delivered and commented on.:smile:

Back