What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread- #22 Soccer visits #3 Stanford (Thursday, 7:00 PM MT Start) and #10 Cal (Sunday 2:00 MT)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Don't see a cubuffs article yet, so wanted to start this thread for this big match as the Buffs face by far their biggest challenge to date to keep their undefeated Pac 12 record intact, facing off against the #3 ranked (and #2 in RPI) Cardinal.
(Of course, once I post this, I assume the official article will post within minutes. There is a buffzone/ Daily Camera preview article, featuring Danica Evans among others, available at http://www.buffzone.com/soccer/ci_30485984/no-22-cu-buffs-soccer-takes-10-game .)

Anyway, ways to follow the match-
Live Video - Match is available on Pac 12 National, Mountain and Bay Area Network channels, and those whose cable/ satellite subscription includes the Pac 12 network should also be able to view either match via http://pac-12.com/womens-soccer/event/2016/10/20/colorado-stanford .

Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/stanford/wsoc/

Last edited:
Just wanted to add that, per the Buffzone article linked to above, the Buffs will continue to face injury issues, with the article's last paragraph being-
"
The Buffs still will be without starting defenders Joss Orejel and Kahlia Hogg due to knee injuries, and freshman forward Camilla Shymka (one goal, two assists) has been added to the injury list after suffering a torn right ACL in last week's win against Washington.
"

Best wishes to Ms. Shymka, the newest and it sounds like most severe injury, for a complete, timely, and not too painful or annoying recovery. And, hope the injuries to the Buff leaders on the back line heal soon.

Last edited:
Figured Camilla was seriously injured by her reaction. Boy is it a bummer for her and the team.

Hopefully Taylor Kornieck will be full go this weekend. They really need her.

26 minutes in and still scoreless. I've been watching the football game, so I can't really say how this game has gone, but Stanford seems to be controlling it.

Tompkins decides to punch the ball out instead of catching it and it ends up going to Stanford who just misses an empty net and it hits to post.

Wow! Buffs player all alone in front but can't get it past the goalie. I have no idea how she didn't score there.

Looks like the Buffs have gone to the prevent defense as the half winds down

End of the half and it remains 0-0. From the several minutes that I saw, Stanford was pretty much in control the whole time, with the exception of the one play where the Buffs really should have scored to take the lead.

I missed it, but it appears that Stanford scored. It's now 1-0 50 minutes in.

Tough first loss in conference and unfortunately it doesn't get any easier for the rest of the season. Next is at #10 Cal, then 3 home games to end the regular season against #12 UCLA, #5 USC, and #27 Utah.

Last edited:
GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL #2 for the Buffs. Per the below description from live stats, this one's from a back row player!

"GOAL by COLO Vidger, Alex, Assist by Bruder, Emily. [61:21]"

Edit- The above goal scorer may not be accurate based on the below tweet. Either way, it's 2-0!!!!!!!!!

Edit #2- as I thought was likely, looks like the tweet was right, as live stats have revised their description of the goal - "GOAL by COLO Evans, Danica, Assist by Bruder, Emily."

Oh S**t.

"GOAL by CAL Onumonu, Ifeoma, Assist by Gibson, Indigo and Ship, Arielle, goal number 10 for season. [88:45]"

Wow- looks like winner was with 2 seconds left in the final overtime.

GREAT character win after losing the lead so late in regulation!!!!

Per live stats-
"Header GOAL by COLO Kornieck, Taylor, Assist by Zuniga, Stephanie. [09:58]"

Back