What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread - CU at Wazzou

Must win won.

Now get back to Boulder and hold home court.

I'm sorry, but this "anytime you win on the road" stuff doesn't cut it for me. We must play better. Tougher. Smarter.

I love any road win.

XT gives me headaches, but he has been nails from the line and I have full confidence in him in late game free throw situations.

The perimeter defense needs to get figured out. I want my tadball.
I didn't think the perimeter D was bad, but seeing guys turn the corner time after time and get uncontested layups is driving me crazy!

I'm so disappointed! Just how many style points did we lose with that very poor late effort? 15-20??? And four missed FTs? Don't these guys practice that???

Oh wait............

George King post game interview
"Credit WS. They didn't give up"
"We were up 13 because of D but they have great players"
"Some tick tack fouls on Josh"
"Like these rims. Soft like Auburn"
"When my feet are set I make my shots"

First time I've heard him interviewed. Really articulate young man.

I'm so disappointed! Just how many style points did we lose with that very poor late effort? 15-20??? And four missed FTs? Don't these guys practice that???

Oh wait............
I can't decide if you're trolling, sarcastic, or a massive tool.

I'm sorry, but this "anytime you win on the road" stuff doesn't cut it for me. We must play better. Tougher. Smarter.

Do you know how many Pac-12 teams have 3 conference road wins at this point in the season?

None

Love this team top to bottom, but we are better than this. Need to figure some big issues out.

If you're disappointed because the Buffs didn't dominate throughout, you're probably in for more disappointment. This is a good team, maybe a very good team, but not close to being a dominating team. Getting the W, staying in position for a good finish in the P12, keeping our RPI ranking - that's taking care of business like we need to. We've got a bunch of tIght games coming up, and anytime we end up with the higher score, for the rest of this season, is reason to celebrate.

If you're disappointed because the Buffs didn't dominate throughout, you're probably in for more disappointment. This is a good team, maybe a very good team, but not close to being a dominating team. Getting the W, staying in position for a good finish in the P12, keeping our RPI ranking - that's taking care of business like we need to. We've got a bunch of tIght games coming up, and anytime we end up with the higher score, for the rest of this season, is reason to celebrate.

Josh sat virtually the entire first half and we won a road game anyways. I've got no complaints.

And the unrealistic expectations for the road continue

I was very worried about tonight. Not just conference road games, but I hate being the team that comes into someone's gym after they just got embarrassed at home.

At home, I'm not too worried about Wazzu. Weird game on the interior and the way it was officiated. Buffs should dominate their frontcourt but we had J40 in foul trouble and almost a non-factor all night.

Just mad at how we finished. That's all. Not even mad. Just a little frustrated. Ecstatic for the win.

George King post game interview
"Credit WS. They didn't give up"
"We were up 13 because of D but they have great players"
"Some tick tack fouls on Josh"
"Like these rims. Soft like Auburn"
"When my feet are set I make my shots"

First time I've heard him interviewed. Really articulate young man.

I really like his personality as well, on and off the court. Josh is the best skilled player on the team but I think King will be a quality NBA player when it is all said and done. He reminds me of Paul Pierce and his stats are very close to Pierce's sophomore season at KU (perhaps better).

MJ wondering where Tad is. Players coming out but no Tad.

When 760 went full-time sports, they didn't kid around. I just noticed that their slogan is "The Voice of Broncos Country". (Looked there first before switching over to 850's site.)

Tad's post game interview:
"No, don't complain. Harder than it should've been. Had looks but they didn't drop
XT plays the right way. Put him in late because we knew they'd foul. Played really well. Whole bench did. Fouls effected defense at the rim. That's why they got so many lay ups.
Clifford. Made it look easy. WS not good defenders. They will beat people. Beat ucla. We found a way. Didn't play to lose at end. Angry with late turnovers to let them back in. Wanted to kill GK for stupid turnover. We let them back in the game at the end. Gotta be better. Have to win at home. Need fans to show up and to be juiced. We have to show up and play with great pride.

Tad inferred the officials screwed Josh on foul calls. Didn't say it out right. But said something like "It's hard to understand how Josh got into foul trouble. He is such a great defender." He blamed the calls on softening us up in the paint, thus leading to us giving up 15, 15!!, lay ups.

Tad inferred the officials screwed Josh on foul calls. Didn't say it out right. But said something like "It's hard to understand how Josh got into foul trouble. He is such a great defender." He blamed the calls on softening us up in the paint, thus leading to us giving up 15, 15!!, lay ups.

This team give up a lot of layups. A lot. Exacerbated tonight, but it's a general problem.

And I'm with Tad. We know how Josh plays and how good he is at avoiding fouls. Both games on this trip saw him sitting in the first half with 2 quick fouls. He definitely does not get the star treatment from Pac-12 refs.

Good job buffs, we get the usual nail biting at the end but it is a ROAD win and it's beautiful. 6 turnovers and 22/26 from the line.

Back