What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread - CU at Wazzou

Great road win, for sure. Tough to come by this year.

But another one where I can't help but think ... why is it every other P12 team seem to always have a decent (if not great) PG who can take people off the dribble, slash and create? Why can Wazuu get someone like Iroegbu, but we can't? That's the only thing holding us back from being a VERY good team.

Great road win, for sure. Tough to come by this year.

But another one where I can't help but think ... why is it every other P12 team seem to always have a decent (if not great) PG who can take people off the dribble, slash and create? Why can Wazuu get someone like Iroegbu, but we can't? That's the only thing holding us back from being a VERY good team.

We will have a couple in next year. It's an unfortunate state we are in this year. Our guards don't suck, they are just not good enough yet.

Coaching style?

But regardless, we got Dom! Iroegbu is a Junior, and was as big as Dom is now when he was still in high school. Strength matters for slashing and confidence. Especially for a point guard. And you can't say you haven't seen flashes of what you're looking for in Collier this year.

Next year we'll have Peters coming in. Not a straight up point guard, but when you put up 31 against the number one high school team/player in the country, you have to be able to take people off the dribble, slash and create I'd imagine.

Dom is a very good PG when he is confident and he CAN create shot for himself. His mid-range/3pt shooting is good enough to be dangerous.

His length and lack of strength is really hurting him though, many of his shots are attempted when he doesn't have good body balance or when his feet were not set. I guess we could design some plays for him to do catch&shoot and I believe it could work, but he is not playing that role right now.

To be frank I don't want Dom to be a slasher, every time when he dribble inside, I'm nervous since it's very likely that he end up with a TO or a miss. His physical capability is not there yet.

Also, we got a good team because of Josh. I would be way more worries about the 5 than guards play in next season. I honestly think we will be fine for guards play in next 2-3 years.

Josh Scott needs to see the ball so much more than he does. Yes, he was in foul trouble the first half, but there was no reason why we weren't feeding him the ball in the post every possession under 10:00 to go in the game. Just foolishness. I honestly don't know what Tad is looking for on offense sometimes...

early on, the TV guys commented that in their pre-game interactions, they noticed how much happier Tad is this year compared to last. They then made a reference to team chemistry, which I didn't catch. You can imagine how Tad felt last year, having to use the lineups he did.

This team give up a lot of layups. A lot. Exacerbated tonight, but it's a general problem.

And I'm with Tad. We know how Josh plays and how good he is at avoiding fouls. Both games on this trip saw him sitting in the first half with 2 quick fouls. He definitely does not get the star treatment from Pac-12 refs.
That's when you look at the end of the bench and say "make them earn the free throws."

yoooooo XT is shooting 96%!!! on the season for free throws.

yoooooo XT is shooting 96%!!! on the season for free throws.

XT has done some really good things this year. We need him to be more consistent with them, but the FT shooting has definitely made him a valuable guy to have on the court at the end of games when protecting a lead.

XT has done some really good things this year. We need him to be more consistent with them, but the FT shooting has definitely made him a valuable guy to have on the court at the end of games when protecting a lead.

With XT, Dom, Fletch, and Josh on the court at the end of the game, you have to foul the "other guy". Problem is the other guy, whoever he is, shoots around 70%.

Buffs probably have a couple wins at the line this year already. Could be huge down the stretch in close conference games.

Back