1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Thread: CU hosts Maryland-Eastern Shore @ 7pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

GAME #13
    vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (3-8, 0-1 MEAC)

Wednesday, Dec. 29, 7:07 p.m. (MST)

Television: FSN Rocky Mountain Drew Goodman (p-b-p), Ceal Barry (analyst), Marc Stout (sideline)

KKZN 760-AM: Mark Johnson (p-b-p), Chris Lewis (analyst)

QUICKLY: Colorado has won 19-straight non-conference home games since the 2008-09 season, including 10 in a row at home dating back to last season • The Buffs have won all their home games in 2010-11 (7-0) • CU took the third place game at the Las Vegas defeating Indiana.

QUICK BUFF HITS
    • Nate Tomlinson: in his last five starts at the point: 22 assists, nine turnovers.

• Shannon Sharpe: last five games at the point in reserve role: 10 assists, one turnover.

• Marcus Relphorde: last three games: 13.7 ppg., 62.5 FG% (15-of-24).

• Alec Burks: 744 career points (51st all- time); seven 20-point game (15 career); Wooden Award, Naismith Trophy, Cousy Award Watch Lists - only a sophomore.

• Cory Higgins: seventh on the CU all- time scoring list (1,594) and is 86 points from sixth (1,680 pts.) • Wooden Award Watch List • In eight wins has 29 assists and 6 turnovers), in four losses (2 assists, 13 turnovers).

• Andre Roberson: 51 rebounds from 10th place on freshman top 10 rebounding list • 14 blocks tying team high a year ago • led CU in rebounding eight times (3 shared).

• Levi Knutson: last seven games: 14.6 ppg.; 72.3 FG percent; 19-of-19 FT line; team-best 15 treys • Seven-time Dean’s List honoree.

• Austin Dufault: last seven games second on team in rebounding (30, 4.3 rpg.) • Led CU for the first time this season in rebound- ing against Indiana with seven.

Who is going tonight? I'll be hitting the Buff Club an hour or so before tipoff.

2. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

I'll be attending my 2nd game of the year tonight. Hoping we can run 'em into the ground.

3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

these guys suck.

4. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

I'll be there. Hoping for a nice 30 40 point blowout.

5. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

Just a little FYI for all of you: Maryland Eastern Shore is located in the town of Princess Anne. What that says about our chances tonight, I'll let you decide.

6. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Working tonight :( I'll catch the replay at 10. Go Buffs!

7. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

i am from the eastern shore. There is nothing in Princess Anne and the school is often called U-mess, for a variety of reasons.

8. Buffnik

This may be the worst defensive effort I've seen this year. Totally mailing this game in.

46-33 Buffs at half.

Dufault is one guy playing well. 13 points and several rebounds.

9. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Maryland Eastern Shore? WTF is that? Are they a D-5 school? Perhaps their next game is with Southwest Des Moines Sisters of the Poor. If we don't beat this team by 50, then we have a significant problem....

10. Buffnik

92-65 Buffs. Dufault led the way with 18 points to go along with 7 rebounds.

9-4 with a must road win coming up at a decent Cal State-Bakersfield team. They've been off since 12/22, so I'd expect CSB to be out of sync.

11. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Not in bad shape now at 9-4. Hard to believe, but CU is 8th nationally in points per game at 83.6 and 9th in field goal pct at 49.5 (not sure if this takes tonights game into account)

Hoping the Buffs can keep it together against an 8-5 CS-Bakersfield squad on the road. Poor scheduling to play these guys, San Fran and Harvard on the road in one season. Maybe one of these on the road, not three. Hopefully the Indiana game boosted the confidence away from Boulder.

Bzdelik and Wake Forest took a 90-74 beating tonight against Richmond to fall to 6-7. Gonzaga is next for the Deacs

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  12. GoldenBuff

The only reason I even bothered to post something about Princess Anne is because we drive through there every year on the way down to the outer banks and it's one of our favorite town names ever. Unfortunately, as you stated, there's not much more to it than that...

13. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Route 13? Not much to it, but Eastern Shore of MD and VA is a tranquil, scenic area for sure

14. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

Dufault played well tonight. Really lousy effort out of the gate, I feel like UMES scored on like their first 8 possessions. No doubt our issues aren't on the offensive end, we can score with the best of them. Winning games is gonna come down to how many stops we can't get defensively. Even though it was a lousy start, I really feel like I can see this team getting better all the time.

15. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Does Maryland have a western shore?

16. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

How was the croud at the CEC?

17. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Yes, that would be the western side of the Chesapeake Bay...Annapolis, Baltimore, etc. The Eastern Shore is a totally different cultural area from the rest of Maryland. It is more rural, agricultural, and genteel than the rest of the state. It's towns date back to the 1600s and are generally among the most picturesque on the east coast.

18. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

couple of observations from the game.

#1 - it was totally dead
    #2 - the guys from UMES have some really weird names, guys named Hillary or last names like Obame Obame (yes it is repeated, I just didn't type it twice)
    #3 - on the poster sheet thing we listed them as MEAC? I don't know how they got that
    #4 - they are getting much better showing replays after they happened
    #5 - Dufault was the tallest guy on the floor for the majority of the game.
    #6 - we didn't really know how to attack them, they played us man quite a bit and we were bigger, stronger and more athletic, yet we didn't drive that much and tried to shoot over them.

19. Buffnik

"MEAC" is their conference.

20. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

ahhhhhhh, I thought they somehow butchered the UMES.

21. GoldenBuff

Yeah. I've lived in landlocked states all of my life so seeing the ocean all spread out is cool. Factory chicken farms... not so much

22. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Yes it was dead, but it was what i expected. Playing a 3-9 team that no one had heard of, during winter break you cannot expect much. Personally, this is sad, but there was a bigger turnout than I thought.