What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread for Portland?

Need to clean up the turn overs. After one of the previous games, Tad said, "We could open a bakery with all our turnovers."

Fortune was the most impressive player in this game, IMO. Seemed like he got every rebound and was always around the ball.

Seems like this is a team that can have anybody go off. Meanwhile Utah looks like garbage. Too early to tell for sure, but CU could make some noise in the PAC this year.

Solid win against a decent opponent. A few more of these (especially in FoCo) to develop offensive rhythm and team chemistry, and we're good to go for the conference season. I'm liking this team so far.

Fortune was the most impressive player in this game, IMO. Seemed like he got every rebound and was always around the ball.

Seems like this is a team that can have anybody go off. Meanwhile Utah looks like garbage. Too early to tell for sure, but CU could make some noise in the PAC this year.

The team chemistry is so much better this year. I don't miss Askia pressing and trying to carry the team. And I don't miss XJ's outbursts. The offense is really flowing well, with Josh, Flech, and King making things happen.

Yaz is making some quick passes and feeding the post.

Dom seemed a bit lathargic tonight and Wes continues to have trouble getting a handle, making good passes, and shooting.

I'm going to enjoy getting to know this team. It's so much more rewarding than what we saw last year.

King is a player, Fortune is a player, we have some other guys who can have big games.

Teams aren't going to be able to collapse on Scott and even if one of the other guys isn't having a great scoring game others can pick up the slack.

Also looks like we are back to playing the kind of defense that we were in the tourney years, five guys making the opponent earn what they get. This isn't going to be a defense that holds scores down but it will be a defense that creates a lot of opportunities for the offense.

Solid win tonight. This was pointed out to me tonight, and I couldn't stop laughing:

Josh Fortune
images

looks like
Bubbles-the-wire-psd33906.png

Bubbles from the Wire.

I think Fortune has taken Tad's message of rebounding and defense to heart. Apparently he wants to make sure he gets his playing time! Fletch and King are making their cases for playing time as well. Love Fletch's efficiency tonight, the kid makes every shot count.
@torerobuff if I remember correctly Bubbles handed out his fair share of assists to the detective crew on the wire making that an apt metaphor for Fortune's game tonight! The resemblance is uncanny with the exception that thankfully Fortune does not appear to be addicted to meth.

I'm not as down on Wes after tonight as I think some people are going to be.

Mostly because I'm focused on his defense. 6 rebounds and 6 blocked shots in only 19 minutes. That's pretty much what I want from him. Get the offense as it comes without forcing the issue. Focus on trying to average 10+ rebounds and 2+ blocks. No need to press.

Nice win. So much more flow to offense, nice that when one guy struggles (Dom tonight) we have others that can step up. Team is so much more fun to watch. Defense, rebounding, and limiting turnovers can have lulls but overall I'm really encouraged.

I think Fortune has taken Tad's message of rebounding and defense to heart. Apparently he wants to make sure he gets his playing time! Fletch and King are making their cases for playing time as well. Love Fletch's efficiency tonight, the kid makes every shot count.
@torerobuff if I remember correctly Bubbles handed out his fair share of assists to the detective crew on the wire making that an apt metaphor for Fortune's game tonight! The resemblance is uncanny with the exception that thankfully Fortune does not appear to be addicted to meth.

Smart man, tad had the same challenge last year for a guard to step up and play defense and no one did. If fortune keeps this up he will start.

This team, has a bunch of potential.

I am excited to find out how chemistry unfolds. We were picked 7th in the Pac. I believe we could make a run at conference title. Anxious to discover our upside potential.

Solid win!

Disappointed to hear Tad say that Fletcher will start over King on Sunday? Coaches can overthink things at times. King and Josh have been the most consistent players. Yes Fletcher had a good game, but King is a starter - his play, effort, stats and consistency reflect that. You can only hurt a player who is performing at that level, by bringing them off the bench! A LOT of risk involved by this move, unnecessary risk!

Solid win!

Disappointed to hear Tad say that Fletcher will start over King on Sunday? Coaches can overthink things at times. King and Josh have been the most consistent players. Yes Fletcher had a good game, but King is a starter - his play, effort, stats and consistency reflect that. You can only hurt a player who is performing at that level, by bringing them off the bench! A LOT of risk involved by this move, unnecessary risk!

The guys have known for a while that Tad considers all three of them starters. He's told them they are going to rotate right now. Game one was Fortune and Fletch, game two was Fletch and King, game three was King and Fortune and repeat.

All three of these guys are high-character team guys and all three of them respect the other two, there really isn't that much risk involved. They're all going tp play similar minutes when all is said and done and as any coach will tell you, "It's not about who starts, it's about who finishes."

Now, of course, GK will have the down game he's due for on Sunday and some will point to this but I really wouldn't read into it much, they all understand what's going on.

When asked about leading the team in points for all three games, King said, "I wish I rebounded the ball better." He gets it.

When asked about leading the team in points for all three games, King said, "I wish I rebounded the ball better." He gets it.

You just made my entire point! King gets it and he is a better player than Fletcher (stats show this). If Fletcher wants to counter that, he needs to prove that over a few games. Bottomline, your leading scorer and most consistent player should NEVER be coming off the bench. King is the starter, Fletcher and Fortune need to be battling (at this point) for that position.
Tad should give himself a one game suspension for even thinking of having one of his top two best players come off the bench for a player who has been mediocre for 3 years.

You just made my entire point! King gets it and he is a better player than Fletcher (stats show this). If Fletcher wants to counter that, he needs to prove that over a few games. Bottomline, your leading scorer and most consistent player should NEVER be coming off the bench. King is the starter, Fletcher and Fortune need to be battling (at this point) for that position.
Tad should give himself a one game suspension for even thinking of having one of his top two best players come off the bench for a player who has been mediocre for 3 years.
Oh god

Did you read a word of the post prior to yours?

RK tends to know what he is talking about, go back and read it again.

Definitely should be on the hot seat after that decision.

Here's a good rule of thumb, when you feel you are swimming against the tide and you've already made your point, but it was slapped down by someone with more knowledge than you. Type it out, feel good about your argument, then resist the urge to hit the POST REPLY button. Move along. You will feel like you got the last word in and a day later you'll feel better you didn't.

Your bottomline theory above is frankly ridiculous.

Tad is experimenting with his starting line up against cupcakes. I don't get what some people are freaking out about. I would bet we will have a set starting 5 by conference play as well as a defined 6th man.

Folks need to relax.

Tad is experimenting with his starting line up against cupcakes. I don't get what some people are freaking out about. I would bet we will have a set starting 5 by conference play as well as a defined 6th man.

Folks need to relax.

And look at the guards he is rotating, fortune had an amazing night last night and fletch didn't miss a shot from the field. It's not like he is starting stalzer ahead of king.

That's it Boyle must go!

Solid win!

The guys have known for a while that Tad considers all three of them starters. He's told them they are going to rotate right now. Game one was Fortune and Fletch, game two was Fletch and King, game three was King and Fortune and repeat.

All three of these guys are high-character team guys and all three of them respect the other two, there really isn't that much risk involved. They're all going tp play similar minutes when all is said and done and as any coach will tell you, "It's not about who starts, it's about who finishes."

Now, of course, GK will have the down game he's due for on Sunday and some will point to this but I really wouldn't read into it much, they all understand what's going on.

Here's a good rule of thumb, when you feel you are swimming against the tide and you've already made your point, but it was slapped down by someone with more knowledge than you. Type it out, feel good about your argument, then resist the urge to hit the POST REPLY button. Move along. You will feel like you got the last word in and a day later you'll feel better you didn't.

Your bottomline theory above is frankly ridiculous.

I'm conflicted here. On one hand, you hate to see terrible posting like jrourk did here, but it also led to a beautiful smack down, so maybe I'm ok with it. It's like watching that 5'6" chubby Portland player drive to the basket and you're just sitting back in your seat cringing because it's just so ugly, but also have a slight smirk because you know Wes is in there about to swat that weak **** away. That's two so far, I guess we'll see if rourk decides to take a lap or if he tries four more times to give Wes his 6 blocks.

Folks need to relax.

Yep. We'll see a deep rotation and a lot of lineups we're not crazy about for the next 4 games. Then the rotation will tighten up for the CSU game.

Back