What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- Women's Basketball hosting Arizona State- 7:00 MT

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
The Buffs face a tough test as the #11 ranked Sun Devils come to the Keg, but the Buffs have been playing much better the last 4 games, so hopefully they'll continue to show that improved play and even more to stay close to and or blow by ASU.

cubuffs.com preview of today’s game- http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209868822

A little bit about ASU from that preview:

"
... The Sun Devils are off to the best start in program history and they climbed two spots in the national polls this week despite losing their last game to No. 7 Oregon State.

Arizona State shuts teams down with tight perimeter defense — it leads the Pac-12 and allows opponents to shoot just 23 percent from deep — and with turnovers, forcing 17 a game. Still, Colorado should be able to get buckets from behind the arc. It hits 38 percent from beyond the arc as a team, and Lexy Kresl has shot better than 50 percent over the past four games.

The Sun Devils start three guards and each has a defined role in their efficient offense. Redshirt junior Katie Hempen is the volume shooter, the gunner. She shoots herself into and out of hot streaks — she hit 8-of-14 and 6-of-8 from deep against Oregon State but shot just 4-of-14 against Oregon the game before that. Hempen needs 10 shots to score her team-best 12.4 points per game; she shoots just 38 percent from the field and rarely draws fouls but also hits 38 percent from deep, so the Buffs must close out quickly and force her to beat them off the dribble.

Junior Elisha Davis is Arizona State’s facilitator. She is third in the Pac-12 with 5.5 assists per game and her two-to-one assist-to-turnover ratio is fourth in the conference. Yet she is neither a willing nor a particularly capable shooter.

The Sun Devils’ third starting guard, Promise Amukamara, does everything. She shoots 49 percent from the field, 10th in the Pac-12, hits 38 percent from deep, plays tenacious defense and rebounds well for a guard – she is third on the team in offensive boards.

In the front court the battle between Reese and Swan and Arizona State’s Sophie Brunner and Kelsey Moos will be critical. Brunner is third in the Pac-12 in field goal percentage and Moos is fifth. They both kill the offensive glass; the Sun Devils lead the conference in offensive rebounding percentage, corralling an unbelievable nearly 40 percent of their misses.

"

Television/ Streaming- Looks like no TV for tonight's game. However, a free live stream should be available through http://pac-12.com/sports/schedule/network/live-stream/ or at http://pac-12.com/videos/university-colorado when the game starts.

Audio- On 760 AM in the Denver area, and should also be available through- http://www.cubuffs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?type=live&db_oem_id=600 beginning with the pre-game show starting at 6:30 PM MT.

Live stats- Should be available when the game starts through a link from http://www.cubuffs.com/liveStats/liveStats.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=600 .

So, the Buffs lost a tough one 68-60 tonight. They were behind most of the time, but kept on fighting, finding the offense in the 2nd half for 37 points that half after having only having 23 in the 1st half. The Buffs were within 3 (61-58) with ~2 minutes left, but obviously (given the final score) didn't get much scoring after that.

I'm sure it didn't help that both Ms's. Kresl and Swan had to leave the floor within a minute or two of each other, I believe both with ankle injuries, with ~9 minutes left in the game. Ms. Kresl was able to get taped up and come back in around 4 minutes after she was injured, but Ms. Swan missed the rest of the game. Hopefully Ms. Swan's injury isn't too bad. (I couldn't tell how serious it might be, although it looks like she may have been able to put at least a little weight on the bad leg.) Frosh Zoe Correal came in after not playing at all previously this game for Ms. Swan when she got hurt, and gave some good hard minutes, ending up with 4 points and 4 rebounds in the ~8:30 she played.

Arizona State's defense was very impressive, as they did not allow pretty much ANY easy shots at all other than Ms. Kresl getting 2-3 nice driving layups in the 2nd half. It's easy to see how they're #11, very impressive to me considering they don't seem to have one dominant offensive player. (I believe their two leading scorers are both only averaging around 12-13 points a game.)

Quick turnaround for the Buffs- with Arizona coming in for a matinee game on Sunday starting at 11:00 at the Keg. Go tame the Cats!

Go Buffs!

Missed much of the game last night, but did see parts of it in person. ASU did play a very adhesive style of defense, particularly on the perimeter. It seemed to flummox the Buffs at times and thus they weren't consistent. Interestingly the Buffs didn't turn the ball over as frequently as in many other losses. As with other games this season, CU had trouble with the guards on the perimeter and that's where it starts on about both ends of the court.

Let's hope that Jamee is good to go tomorrow. She is an important part of the puzzle for the Buffs.

If they make their layups and close in shots they win the game. The Buffs never gave up. Really missing Ariel. I thought Zoe gave them great minutes. Hopefully a better outcome on Sunday.

This team has missed Arielle all season. When I attended the Iowa game in Iowa City, I saw her talking to the freshmen at the end of the bench. She was going over plays with them. She is learning to coach.

Had some problems with my computer buffering and finally gave it. I knew Kresl had gone down, but did not know Swan was down and out the rest of the game. I do hope she will be back for tomorrow's game. This is a must win for the Buffs. From what I did see, the Buffs were fighting hard and they do not give up.

Game is being played on Super Bowl Sunday. Even though it's before the actual game, attendance has always been low on games played on that day.

Go see the Buffs!

Back