What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread- Women's Basketball hosting WSU

32-39 WSU at the half. The Buffs went COLD for much of the quarter, missing many open shots. (And, of course, we have the usual VERY creative and mystifying Pac 12 officiating generally screwing the Buffs.by about a 2-1 crappy call margin.)

Looking at the stats, this game has been mainly about the 3's. With both teams getting numerous open looks, Buffs are only 2-8 while WSU is 6-7.

While CU was cold in the second quarter Wazzu was hot, especially from long range and at the same time not having Jamee Swan due to two fouls really hurts. Kennedy Leonard is cold as well.

Not nearly as bad as the first half v Washington (who lost at Utah tonight), but some work to be done on both ends of the court.

46-61 WSU at the end of 3. Buffs still cold; cougars still hot.

Boy are the Buffs cold and WSU now scoring on the interior. Not the best defending by the Buffs. Wonder if there are some tired legs?

Swan with 4 fouls.

So the final score is 66-74.

The main concern going forward- Jamee Swan appeared to possibly get hurt in the last couple minutes of the game going hard for a steal and going way out of bounds to the left of where the Buff announcers sit, and was down for quite awhile. When she did get up, she walked directly to the locker room with one of the Buff medical folk helping holding her left arm. Whether it was an arm injury, or whether they were just trying to help support her back, I couldn't tell for sure. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. (I believe I've read somewhere previously she's been dealing with some back issues already, and she had 2 earlier plays in the 4th quarter where she was (1) landed on fighting for a loose ball and then (2) pushed half way to the sideline fighting for a rebound. After both of those plays, she was also down for a bit and in obvious pain the rest of the game after the 1st incident.)

Lappe is a true Buff. You can tell this really is her dream job. I do hope they get things to click and make a statement in the PAC 12. If she does get fired, is there a place for her somewhere in the CU AD? I guess I just would hate to see her gone from CU.

Lappe is a true Buff. You can tell this really is her dream job. I do hope they get things to click and make a statement in the PAC 12. If she does get fired, is there a place for her somewhere in the CU AD? I guess I just would hate to see her gone from CU.

Reminds me of Embree in some ways. She got a job she wasn't ready for and it will keep her from ever being in line for the job at the point where she became ready for it. Sucks. Bohn and the CU administration fell into the trap of believing that being a true Buff overcomes and trumps everything else on a coaching hire.

Rule of thumb with legacy hires: ask the question, "would anyone else in the Pac-12 hire the person for the same exact position?". If the answer is "no", then CU shouldn't hire that person for that job no matter his/her connection to and passion for CU.

Reminds me of Embree in some ways. She got a job she wasn't ready for and it will keep her from ever being in line for the job at the point where she became ready for it. Sucks. Bohn and the CU administration fell into the trap of believing that being a true Buff overcomes and trumps everything else on a coaching hire.

Rule of thumb with legacy hires: ask the question, "would anyone else in the Pac-12 hire the person for the same exact position?". If the answer is "no", then CU shouldn't hire that person for that job no matter his/her connection to and passion for CU.

As I have said before, Lappe wasn't ready for the job and Coach Barry didn't do her protege by hiring her for the job at this point in her career.

I sure hope George fires her at the end of the season and gets a real coach--and one who can keep Kennedy Leonard and Alexis Robinson around.

I'm sorry if getting fired from a job where you perform poorly means Lappe will no longer be at CU or in her dream job. Those are the breaks of the coaching world.

I do hope Swan will be okay and can play this weekend. It won't be pretty with Jamee playing, but it will be far worse if she can't go.

Back