What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gameday Review from an Outsider

The (Balch) Fieldhouse is a great place to chant the fight song along with the cheerleaders before the game and I’m sure it’s a nice place to defrost at halftime during the chilly November showdowns, but if you’re not a fan of the “3 day-old buttered popcorn” air freshener, you may have a hard time putting up with Fieldhouse’s putrid air long enough to finish your Coors Light.

Yep. I know Balch has a ton of history attached to it, but its time is over. It needs a lot of help.

Yep. I know Balch has a ton of history attached to it, but its time is over. It needs a lot of help.
That article needs to be shown to Phil and Bruce and have their noses rubbed in that quote. I have no doubt RG has already started campaigning for replacing Balch as a part of the next phase of development.

Is it wrong that with all the improvements to the concessions and adding beer that I'm really bummed they got rid of the old donut stand? I'd really like them to bring it back, lol. Particularly for colder games in November.

I don't think there is much saving to be done. It needs to be replaced.
Replaced/Expanded, whatever the campus is missing the most right now, that is the place to incorporate it. A big event type facility with club seating facing the field will go a long ways on gamedays and non-gamedays.

Would it be first on the agenda or like the bathrooms, stadium seating, and sound system I read so many glowing reports about?

Balch was ridiculously antiquated when I went to CU 25 years ago. I can only image how much of a museum piece it is today.

I thought this was going to be about a review of College Gameday by C. Thomas Howell.

Is it wrong that with all the improvements to the concessions and adding beer that I'm really bummed they got rid of the old donut stand? I'd really like them to bring it back, lol. Particularly for colder games in November.

My daughter was crushed when we couldn't find donuts at halftime

Two things:
1. I got goosebumps reading the part about Ralphie. Best tradition in sports, period.
2. As a student, circa 2000, I once had to camp out in Balch for the night in order to secure my place in line for season football tickets. I awoke from a drunken slumber to find a cockroach scurrying across my face. Chances are the cockroach is long gone, but I think they should burn Balch to the ground just to make sure. You can never be too safe.

Two things:
1. I got goosebumps reading the part about Ralphie. Best tradition in sports, period.
2. As a student, circa 2000, I once had to camp out in Balch for the night in order to secure my place in line for season football tickets. I awoke from a drunken slumber to find a cockroach scurrying across my face. Chances are the cockroach is long gone, but I think they should burn Balch to the ground just to make sure. You can never be too safe.
It is a really good thing you were never in the military stationed at a base south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Back