1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games this week.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Matt, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

I need another TV.

Colorado at Kansas game starts 30 minutes after Oklahoma vs. Texas.

LSU at Florida is on the same time as Oklahoma State at Missouri. Missouri wins but I do think it will be an exciting game.

Other games I will probably flip through.

Nebraska at Texas Tech

Tennessee at Georgia

Penn State at Wisconsin

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea, there's plenty of good games this week, but I'm really bummed that the OU-UT game is opposite the CU game. The top 4 games I want to watch are on opposite each other - CU-KU and OU-UT are at the same time, then Mizzery-OSU and LSU-Florida are both on at the same time. Oh yea, and PSU-Wisconsin is also on at this time.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the day there's nothing that great. For me it'll probably be between knu-TT, nd-UNC, or ASU-USC, whichever is the most interesting. :huh:

3. snakeyman

snakeyman Snake Charmer Club Member

Pip, (picture in picture)? Damn thing won't capitalize pip.

4. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

If you want to watch us get absolutely lit up again watch the TT game! :cry:

FightCu1414 likes this.
  5. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Why yes, I do. :smile2:

6. broncos1

broncos1 Member

Do you think it will be worse than 21 points like the bettor think it will be? Will Captain Leach try to make an example of you as we get closer to BCS standings time?

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm actually very happy that the OU/UT game is on opposite the CU/KU game. I can watch the OU/UT game and flip back for score updates and keep my blood pressure within an acceptable range.

8. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Very good point!

9. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

I guess I missed this. Who is televising the CU vs KU game?

10. Matt

Matt Nerd Drone Pilot Club Member

Espn2

11. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

thank you

12. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

I hate earlier games. If CU and KSU game next week is a night game why cant the number 1 team and number 5 team in the nation get something better than 10:30 in the morning. That makes no sense at all!!!

13. CarolinaBuff

Why they didn't put OU/UT in prime time is beyond me. :confused:

14. BIGREDIOWAN

Yeah, I figured I would get this type of a reaction from one of you. :cool:

I believe my prediction on huskerboard.com is 56 to 27 so I'm going with a 29 point beating. It could be alot more than that knowing Leach and how much of an a$$ he is when his team gets ahead. However, it's our job to stop him and I can't really complain about it. :huh: I think TT has alot to prove since alot of folks don't really think they are as good as the polls say they are. Unfortunately we are becoming the whipping boy for alot of teams to prove themselves against and it's really starting to destroy my liver from all the alcohol. :sad2:

15. broncos1

broncos1 Member

Drunken kids, heated rivalry, lots of fights. I have a bunch of OU friends and they say that it is a good idea to have this game early (each AD wanted this to be a 10am game) because it would get out of hand at the state fair if it was later

16. buffedup

Call me weird, but I love them. Don't get me wrong I love night games too. But CU typically plays well in early games, and if they win, you get to soak in the win for the whole day. Watching other college football games seems more enjoyable with a CU win in your hip pocket. It is kind of like watching the rest of the teams fight for the scraps.:smile2: Plus you can still tailgate after the game and lazily enjoy the afternoon.

But yeah, I do like later games for other teams.

17. Bama Charlie

Bama Charlie Well-Known Member

I will be making my first trip to the Swamp this weekend.

[​IMG]

Corndogs and Tebow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. buffedup

I think you got your bell rung. Your team is the other direction, playing in Tuscaloosa. At least if the panhandle you live in is the Florida one. Depending on where you live, Tuscaloosa would be closer than Gainesville. Just curious, why not go watch Alabama? Your team is #2 in the country and downright awesome.

19. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

TT is going to put on a clinic. All I've heard from every board I read is that "TT is overrated" and that they don't deserve their ranking. Leach can be an asshole so I don't doubt he wants to show that he can prove with the big boys this year (OU, UT and a Mizzou that put up 52 on you guys). The best way is to just run at and over them to stop that from happening. They can't score if they don't have the damn ball.

Oh, and at least you can play the TT drinking game. Every time they say "high powered offense" take a <shot|drink|gulp|...> of your favorite alcoholic beverage. You'll get hammered by the end of the 1st quarter.

20. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

been plenty of 2:30 kickoffs in the past. police presence is at its maximum for this game all around dallas, not just at the state fair. Its actually calmed down a whole lot since the late 60's through the 70's when there were close to 700-800 people arrested on Commerce Street alone on Friday night. Last year the arrest totalled less than 50 I believe and the majority last year, as it has been in years past, is from local residents that have no affiliation to either school. I have yet to see an actual fight at the State Fair between OU and Texas fans, close to it, heated shouting matches in each others faces. Those are mainly in the stands along the 50 yard line.

21. Bama Charlie

Bama Charlie Well-Known Member

My team does not play this weekend and my girlfriend is a gator.

Tuscaloosa is about 270 miles and Gainesville is 340 miles.

22. broncos1

broncos1 Member

I am sure you are also going because it is LSU Florida...who wouldnt want to go to that game at night in the swamp...jealous Buff fan here! that is for sure. How jacked up will that crowd be after the LSU comments this week.

23. CarolinaBuff

That's a potential problem with any night game, not just this one.

I'm sure the main reason this game is at noon EST is that ABC wanted it to be national, and they didn't put it at 3:30 because there are other games they also want to show during that timeslot. And it probably wasn't at night since ABC already had a NASCAR commitment for Saturday night, and they wanted this game on ABC, not ESPN.

I'm jealous! I still want to get to a big SEC conference game, but even tickets in Columbia will cost you a couple hundred for a game against one of the top SEC teams.

24. BIGREDIOWAN

I might have to try that drinking game. The wife and I are going over to some friends house after the game so I'll probably be drunk already. :lol:

25. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Besides the drunkeness, For some reason networks hate putting big college games up against the MLB playoffs.

26. CarolinaBuff

That could certainly be a factor too. I probably answered the rest of my own question in my subsequent post. :lol:

27. buffedup

My bad!