What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Barnett on cu/csu

Barnett > Hawkins

It's funny, I read these words in nearly every post you contribute to this site.

It felt weird to see the subtext migrate to the text. Kind of like Allbuffs vertigo--instead of reading between the lines, I was able just to read the lines.

2 of those Big 12 championship games we backed into with Iowa State choking away their invitation in the last game. Also, the north from 2001-2006 was about as competitive as the WAC.

Uh, I'd love to "back into" a Big12 CG now...

Hell, I'd love it if Hawkins could just "back into" a winning season.

Also, Nebraska was not what they are today.
I thought Nebraska today was pretty crappy and that CU should expect to beat Neb this year?

Oh my, how a week changes things.

Uh, I'd love to "back into" a Big12 CG now...

Hell, I'd love it if Hawkins could just "back into" a winning season.

I thought Nebraska today was pretty crappy and that CU should expect to beat Neb this year?

Oh my, how a week changes things.

I never said Nu was crappy this year. I think they are legit, have thought that since they hired Bo. I do think we beat them this year though based on the rivalry thing. Oh and neg rep for not paying attention.

Last edited:
We beat them this year? We can't even look DECENT against CSU, yet we're going to beat Nebraska? With HAWKINS as our coach?

I'd bet we don't.

We beat them this year? We can't even look DECENT against CSU, yet we're going to beat Nebraska? With HAWKINS as our coach?

I'd bet we don't.

I am not a hawk lover like you proclaim. And yes, we beat NU because it's a rivalry game. They lucked out against our ****ty team last year, and our ****ty team this year finds a way to win. Again, everytime you comment about my ****, it is so false it isn't even funny. You DON'T PAY ATTENTION!

I have an extremely difficult time believing a Dan Hawkins coached team would be able to stay within 67 points of Vince Young's 2005 texas team.

Ture but a Hawk coached team could quote Nietzsche and **** while getting beat by 67.....

I am not a hawk lover like you proclaim. And yes, we beat NU because it's a rivalry game. They lucked out against our ****ty team last year, and our ****ty team this year finds a way to win. Again, everytime you comment about my ****, it is so false it isn't even funny. You DON'T PAY ATTENTION!

Keep trying to make this thread personal. We looked PATHETIC against CSU, and we've looked pathetic every year Hawkins has been here. I am not going to expect a win against ANY good team, rivalry or not.

We almost beat them last year? Guess what? WE DIDN'T. We had everything to play for, and we came up short. We also killed CSU last year, and we all see how that translated to THIS year, huh?

70-3 was really, really bad, but - and let's be honest here - how do you guys think this year's version of the Buffs would do against the 2005 Texas Longhorns?

I do not think the score would be significantly different. I would not be shocked to see it be worse.

That was one of the very best cfb teams ever.

Probably would be about the same. It was 70-3 early in the 3rd quarter!

Back