What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Patterson new KSU coach

big-time recruiting ties in Texas....with almost no academic restrictions at KSU.

Hawk: recruiting ties in books about ancient warrior kings....joking, sort of.

Good hire. He should be able recruit Texas well. The biggest loser in all this may be Kansas. They were just starting to establish strong recruiting roots for the second-tier players in Texas. Gonna be interesting to watch.

Good hire. He should be able recruit Texas well. The biggest loser in all this may be Kansas. They were just starting to establish strong recruiting roots for the second-tier players in Texas. Gonna be interesting to watch.

Agree, he already has the in-roads to texas and he will bring some defense to k-state again. Damn.

I'd be livid if I was a player. Here the players are, preparing for their biggest game of their season and their coach is off making a deal to leave.

PowerCat.com has now pulled the story, and the KSU athletic dept has denied the reports. I thought there had to be a 14 day interview period, and when they fire an African-American, it would be almost mandatory that they interview a minority candidate. 810AM which has alot of KSU ties really jumped the gun on this one, and maybe pissed him off where he won't even interview now. He is a KSU grad, and I think he played for KSU.

Last edited:
Total speculation on my part but what if Paterson had indeed agreed in principle to take the job but had not had a chance to address his team or have it be announced on his terms? Now he has a complete cluster to clean up at TCU

Just heard Patterson on the radio here in Dallas saying he is not going anywhere.

Just heard Patterson on the radio here in Dallas saying he is not going anywhere.

yeah, over at texags.com that's what they are saying. Patterson is apparently pissed.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1293623&forum_id=5

"Patterson staying at TCU

Contrary to recent reports, TCU head coach Gary Patterson is not leaving to go to Kansas State.

I just got done talking with Patterson in his office at TCU, and he said the reports are not true.

"I'm not real happy with people who fire people before the season is over," Patterson said. "And I would be less happy with anybody who would ever talk about taking another job until they finish their own"

- FW Star-Telegram

Total speculation on my part but what if Paterson had indeed agreed in principle to take the job but had not had a chance to address his team or have it be announced on his terms? Now he has a complete cluster to clean up at TCU

Not really, he is a hot commodity and will get a major DI offer at the end of the year regardless. He can easily pull a Slick Rick.

He's gonna get major money offers at the end of the season - I still think he will end up at K-State. It's a good fit for him and $2 million a year isn't anything to blow your nose at. Something is going on because he said he was withdrawing his name for the Tennessee job.

He's gonna get major money offers at the end of the season - I still think he will end up at K-State. It's a good fit for him and $2 million a year isn't anything to blow your nose at. Something is going on because he said he was withdrawing his name for the Tennessee job.

From what i've read and seen there's no shot in hell he ends up in Kjuco....he flat out stated he doesn't respect their program

Back