What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Pinkel Drinky-drivey

Over .05 is legally impaired. The definition of that in the instruction is that your ability to drive is "....impaired to the slightest degree!!!" Driving under the influence is .08. It used to be 1.5!!!! The problem is that people handle alcohol so differently. I would suppose most of you tailgaters here are pretty good drinkers and can drive safely even at 1.0. For a 160 lb. man that's about three or four beers in an hour or more if the time is longer. It also depends on what is in your stomach. But there are so many serious accidents out there that the law is pretty hard on this. Personally I have always thought that there are really two considerations in a bad accident, the drinking and the driving. Often when someone is drunk and causes a bad accident, it is someone that would be just as likely to cause a bad accident sober. i. e. a bad, aggressive driver. But it is hard to legislate in this area.

Agreed. Drunk driving is ******, but is it ****tier than driving and texting, or driving and talking on the phone? Studies say no. The problem is that the stigma of drunk driving carries embarrasable consequences, while the other two do not.

To clarify, I certainly am not advocating for drunk driving, just agreeing it is difficult to legislate in this area.

Back