What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Gary Williams retiring from Maryland

Turgeon accepted the UM job.

Andy Katz mentioned 3 potential canidates for A&M and Boyle was one of them. No sources cited just speculation on his part.

:lol: ****ing coaching carousel. I wasn't worried at all and now the A&M news is a little scary.

I'm not worried. Our basketball facilities are solid now with the new practice facility and we don't have to worry about being able to pay a competitive salary after another year with the Pac-12 contract. Tad's got some good recruits coming in next year and the Pac-12 is an easier conference right now as far as basketball goes. He's from Colorado and his approval rating right now in the front range is high. He really wouldn't be gaining much by going to A&M outside of some short term money which we would be able to match whatever A&M or anybody else for that matter throws at him in another year-2 years and I'm sure Mike has spoken to both Jon and Tad about this. A&M isn't a tier 1 job by any means and I think the only way Tad leaves us is if KU comes calling later or a good program in the ACC or Big East opens up.

I'm not worried. Our basketball facilities are solid now with the new practice facility and we don't have to worry about being able to pay a competitive salary after another year with the Pac-12 contract. Tad's got some good recruits coming in next year and the Pac-12 is an easier conference right now as far as basketball goes. He's from Colorado and his approval rating right now in the front range is high. He really wouldn't be gaining much by going to A&M outside of some short term money which we would be able to match whatever A&M or anybody else for that matter throws at him in another year-2 years and I'm sure Mike has spoken to both Jon and Tad about this. A&M isn't a tier 1 job by any means and I think the only way Tad leaves us is if KU comes calling later or a good program in the ACC or Big East opens up.

This is my take as well. I don't see A&M as an attractive option for him, frankly. There isn't much they can offer that he can't get here. Plus there's the spectre of a collapsing conference to deal with if he goes there.

Bohn will match any salary offer that comes from A&M. He's finally got the basketball program to a respectable point. He won't let that go easily.

i think the more fearful situation is Turgeon out of the KU picture (maybe) puts Tad squarely in it. down the road in a couple years. not too scared about losing Boyle to ATM.

i think the more fearful situation is Turgeon out of the KU picture (maybe) puts Tad squarely in it. down the road in a couple years. not too scared about losing Boyle to ATM.

Mick, I think everyone has agreed on here (hell, you might have even been the first one to say it) that if Tad ends up moving on to Kansas a few years down the road, that means very good things are in store for Colorado basketball.

I actually think Turgeon is moving from the Big XII/X so that when Kansas comes calling, he'll be able to move freely & not from one conference foe to another. I know coaches do that all of the time but I really think this puts some distance between him & the Jayhawks & will show his true talent as a coach if he can make Maryland into a solid b-ball program (like many of us agree it should be) year after year. Besides Turgeon, there will be a lot of cries from the Jayhawk fans to just move Manning over a chair or two when Self finally calls it quits. Boyle, unless CU really starts making some serious noise, would be their #3 choice, I think.

And I have absolutely no fears of Boyle moving to A&M - the only reason he's being mentioned is because he coached under Turgeon before. Boyle has young kids - I have serious doubts that he & his wife are going to uproot their entire family to College Station. Stranger things have happened but I truly think when he said this was his dream job one year ago, he has it in his mind that he is going to be in Boulder for awhile....

My hope with Boyle is that he becomes CU's Lute Olson. By the time he's got the program established to where his goals for it are, we have the recruiting, facilities, success on the court, attendance, fan support, administrative support, salary level and deep pockets to match or beat any offer that comes down the pike. At that point, the only way he leaves is if there's an opportunity that pulls at his emotions and I like our chances against anyone if that is the case.

I hope we see a home and home series with Maryland now that Turgeon is there.

Also, don't see Boyle going anywhere for quite a while.

Back