What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Geer enters guilty plea

I'll repost what I put in the Geer eligibility thread

I was just checking the daily camera and found this posted today at about 3:30. I'm not exactly what to make of it but the legal portion of this has at least been resolved.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/jul/18/buffs-player-pleads-guilty-assault-case/

Looks like he managed to plead down to misdemeanor assault and he could get anywhere from probation to 2 years in jail depending on sentencing (August 18). As far as judicial affairs goes, it appears his suspension has been lifted and he's been put on the most severe level of probation. No word yet on what Hawk will do but I guess we'll know before classes start at least. I'll be interested to see if he starts practicing anytime soon.

Based on the assumption that the 8/18 sentencing will end the process for both the legal system and the office of student conduct, I'm going to guess that Geer will practice with the team and Hawk will lay down some kind of suspension following the 8/18 sentencing.

Best guess is 2-3 games.

Back