1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geer,Head ,espinosa are back for WV correct? Smith,wright?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Sep 7, 2008.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

With devin head back and geer,I think this will help out the offense.Espinosa had some flashes in the spring.

Anyone know the status of Jimmy smith's back and wright's ankle?

Is smith expected to play at all this year?

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I liked Espinoza. But he really isn't going to replace Smith.

3. buffsyko

Espinosa is a wr.I know he won't replace smith since smith is a cb:smile2:

I was hoping smith and wright would be ready for wv if the least,ready for texas.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Josh Smith was switched to CB? I guess i missed that.

5. buffsyko

JIMMY SMITH CB 6-2 195

Why would espinosa replace josh smith anyway? Smith is a TD waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

6. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Um, that was the point syko.

7. buffsyko

I was talking more as a wr,for some reason he thought I was talking about josh.I'm talking about Jimmy Smith our CB.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

The flashes Espinoza showed was on PR/KR plays during the spring scrimmages. Not too much as a WR that i remember.

9. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Josh Smith has put the ball on the ground once in each game, as a coach that cant make you happy, if espinoza can return punts and hold on to the ball he might be a better option. We would have been in worse shape against CSU had that fumbled punt not been recovered.

10. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

OK. That seals the deal. You want to take Smith out, when he is leading the country in kickoff returns and punt returns, and we all know that he can go all the way every time he touches the ball-- just because he fumbled two? Well ****-- Cody threw two INT's. Kick him to the back of the bench. Scott had a couple of plays where he did not make yards. Sit him. Speedy fumbled once--let him chat with Scott on the bench.

You want to take the most exciting guy we have had back there for years-- maybe ever-- and hammer him and put in some average returner. Yeah. Thank GOD you are not the coach. Coach him up to know when to stop trying to break the big one and protect the ball. But when he has had those mistakes and still has the yards he does???

I know I am being hypersensitive on this, but I keep reading where people want to sit Josh for some average back (who also fumble from time to time) and move us from a 40 yard return average back to a 10 yard return average. 5 - 7 40 yard gains over one fumble. I will take the fumble and the gains. Everyone on the team has made mistakes so far-- don't sit the best KR and PR CU has had for also having a couple of the same.

11. 87Buffster

87Buffster Member

:iagree:

12. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

I agree to an extent...he's lightening and can change the game...but on Sat. his fumble really changed the game in a negative way, because it seemed to deflate the team for the rest of the first half...He's fun to watch and the potential TD every play is great, but if he continues to fumble once every game he needs to find the bench....Chase McBride seldom helped us much in the return last year, but he NEVER hurt us

I'm one to say you need the return if your offense can't produce...hopefully the offense proves that we don't need J-Fly so much in the next coming games

13. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

This is exactly what I am talking about we got lucky and recovered his fumbled punt against CSU if we hadn't they would almost certainly have punched it in from the 6 yard line and the game would have, at least for a while been a whole different story. Smith is lightning in a bottle but turnovers far more frequently turn into points than Kick or punt returns. Further more the kid has as many fumbles as Cody has picks (granted one was recovered) and he has thrown the ball some 70 times, how many times has Smith touched it?

14. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Number one rule of kick returners is that you cannot ever fumble the ball. By definition fumbling on a punt or kick gives the opponent a short field. It also puts your defense back on the field right after they have come off. Nothing is more deflating to a team or a bigger boost to your opponent. Picks and fumbles happen on offense but there really is no comparison.

That said, I don't think J-Fly should be taken out, yet. If he puts in on the ground in the next game, however, I may change my opinion.

15. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

WVU thread 4

16. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I heard this AM that they were day to day, but expected to playfor WV.

17. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

I want Cory Neighbors starting over DS.
    I'd love to see Espinoza over J-Fly.
    Hansen is ready at qb isn't he.
    Oh and yank Walters. Ewing will do.
    Now what?:lol:

18. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I guess I should have looked to see if there was already a thread first.

19. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Crap!! That ain't good! I was hoping they would be back to play against WVU, not for them!!! Crapcrapcrap!!:cool::smile2: